[Resto] what are you guys putting in yellow sockets?

At first I thought I wanted int/crit for the mana gain and healing, but with how the current MV heroics and HoF normals are, I'm thinking it might be better to gem int/mastery. I'm at 51% mastery but I think I'm going to try going even higher. (i levae haste out because it's so easy to reach the breakpoint i'm shooting for (3306 as goblin)

Grand Emp shekzeer is pretty rough in the third phase, everyone is usually below 50% aside from the tanks for the entire phase 3.

Currently going with Spirit/Haste, leaving me a little above 3306 Haste after reforging. Would go Crit/Spirit otherwise, personally.

Deleted
    At the moment, untill I got higher ilvl I'm stacking Spirit gems, for red/blue sockets I put a purple Intellect/Spirit one. So all my yellows are spirit at the moment, later going to replace them with Spirit/Mastery.

Crit/Spirit gems are parsing higher for maximizing healing and mana regeneration. The crit with using Healing Waves just regenerates way to much mana to try to go for a healing stream tick. Haste isn't very worth it, at least not so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    spirit/crit
    or
    spirit/mastery

Depends on wether I'm maximizing crit or mastery at the specific moment
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sticking spirit/crit in yellow, spirit in blue, and so far, I've been ignoring socket bonuses on my red sockets and stuffed in blue gems. If a socket bonus might be worth it at some point, I'll shove a spirit/int gem in there.

people worry far too much about spirit. o.O I use pure yellows. Mix of crit and mastery.

Spirit is king at the beginning tier of a new expansion.

First of all, spirit is only useful if you're running into mana issues. I wouldn't say it's "king" or that I'd stack it above all the other stats. I put spirit/mastery gems in my yellow sockets NOW. Before, when mana was more of an issue (beginning of MV), I was using spirit/crit ...and stacked crit over mastery. But considering the spike damage that we're encountering in HoF, I'm valuing mastery more.

The key is understanding the importance of all the stats and evaluating your current situation and determining what stats are valuable to you. Don't just follow other people's stat priority.

10+ Year Old Account
    spirit/crit right now but spirit/mastery is good, as well.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

spirit / mastery, and on parts i use as ele , int /mastery, but its suboptimal for both specs kind of salomon solution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mashanu View Post
    Grand Emp shekzeer is pretty rough in the third phase, everyone is usually below 50% aside from the tanks for the entire phase 3.
    How many healers are you running? We managed to heal 40 seconds into enrage with 3 healers.

int/mastery -> yellow
    int/spirit -> blue
    int -> red

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mashanu View Post
    At first I thought I wanted int/crit for the mana gain and healing, but with how the current MV heroics and HoF normals are, I'm thinking it might be better to gem int/mastery. I'm at 51% mastery but I think I'm going to try going even higher. (i levae haste out because it's so easy to reach the breakpoint i'm shooting for (3306 as goblin)

The 3306 haste cap is not necessary since HTT and HST haste caps are still bugged, you don't get the extra tick as intended (check at elitist jerks).