Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Balance Druids on Mel'jarak.... Really blizzard???

For those of you who don't know or haven't done Mel'jarak, he is the 4th boss in the Heart of Fear. This fight is based on CCing adds and I just downed him for the first time after a few attempts and I couldn't use starfall for the first 3 mins of the fight. Starfall is a giant damage increase and I can't believe that we can't use it for our initial burst or anything at all actually, when we do get to use it, our DPS is pretty much almost last at that time. Why did they remove glyph of focus QQ, this is like the only fight that Glyph of Focus could been very useful.

I will probably get to that boss tonight, well that just sucks. I hope that they fix that soon.

It's always possible to position yourself so the Starfall won't reach the CC targets.

Deleted
    Our priest can use halo.

Just get range on the boss and the adds.

It's like QQ'ing because you cant use shamans on Twin emps heroic if you go with the cc rage tac....

Starfall does not break the CC from the spears.

We almost killed him last night and I had to position myself at the VERY back of the room on the complete opposite side of everything (depending on how you position the boss) in order to use starfall. It sucks but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

starfall doesnt hit them if you notice starfall hits their spawn point, but not the adds themselves. so, you are losing damage from starfall, but not actually breaking cc. position yourself close enough the dps targets and you probably wont even lose that much damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    This might be harsh, but if the mechanics of a fight are negating your ability to use stronger spells... but you still complete the encounter... Why does it matter? So you have to "take one for the team", is that really that bad?
    'Taking one for the team' is fine if the team understands that you are doing something you're supposed to be doing. In the situation you mentioned, it was something you were supposed to do and everyone knew it. If you're expected to DPS and you can't do that because of a mechanic then it can often be misconstrued as poor performance and depending on how competitive your raid group is, it might land you a spot on the bench. Your raid groups may not be that strict, but for some of them it's only 'acceptable' if there aren't any better options. In the case of encounter mechanics, there almost always are...

Quote Originally Posted by Malarde View Post
    For those of you who don't know or haven't done Mel'jarak, he is the 4th boss in the Heart of Fear. This fight is based on CCing adds and I just downed him for the first time after a few attempts and I couldn't use starfall for the first 3 mins of the fight. Starfall is a giant damage increase and I can't believe that we can't use it for our initial burst or anything at all actually, when we do get to use it, our DPS is pretty much almost last at that time. Why did they remove glyph of focus QQ, this is like the only fight that Glyph of Focus could been very useful.
    its been like this since he was being tested on normal 10man. just pointing that out there ><
    anyway, its pretty terrible changes that they did

I am able to use starfall but after incarnation and celestial alignment are down my damage just goes WAAAAY down.. Multi dotting seems to be a bad idea as I was getting crap damage but hurricane wasn't all that great either. What are people doing? Multi dot without hurricane? hurricane at all?

A DPS complaining about a boss mechanic that made him end up last on the damage meter? Well this is certainly new and never been done before.

Different fights favor different classes guy, I think you'll survive the night being last on the meter on one fight. I think.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Our 24/7 Whinekin was up at about 115-120k dps on that fight because....
    On our first wipe he popped starfall and checked it did NOT break adds out of cc.... AMAZING.

This is a guy who is too stupid to watch health bars AND move out of wind to avoid wiping the raid, a player famous for repeating what we say 2 minutes after we say it because he magically didn't listen. A guy who puts the dru in drupid moron.

So if this guy can work out starfall wont break cc targets... you should test things out before you comment on them for your own dps benefit!

Oh the person last on our dps meter was our hunter on 96k, because she died. Everyone else was over 100k thanks to the magic of cleaving!

1. Its very easy to position yourself in the back of the room away from adds so you're 40 yards away from them.
    2. As someone stated earlier your starfall doesn't actually break the CC
    3. 5.1 is bringing glyph of focus back without the damage increase for situations like this which makes positioning easier.

In Short there really is no reason to complain about this when there is a simple solution to it.

Well, you can use starfall, but looking at world of logs I can see we are pretty much bottom damage anyway. Sure some classes aren't gonna shine in every situation, but we are already sub par for tank and spanks and straight cleaving fights. I think we need a buff to shrooms, considering we never really use them other than pre pull. What would be nice is something that ties into eclipse cycling. Make shrooms cost eclipse energy and apply a 6 second dot of whichever eclipse you are in. Shadow priests and moonkins are bottom of the barrel in aoe. Sure we can multi dot but on a fight like this you can see that multi dotting is not looking good at all compared to people that can aoe and use their rotation as normal (frost dk howling blast, warrior whirlwind and various talents, mage frost bomb, combustion spread, and from frost frozen orb, locks with soulburn: seed of corruption) All of those are usable while the tank is repositioning them whereas hurricane is not. Personally I don't think the difference should be as high as it is. Hurricane is our best aoe and it doesn't cycle eclipse, leaving us screwed in the long term if we use it. Nature's grace is too important to lose. More than the numbers the mechanics don't make sense within eclipse. I know blizz won't see this here but I wonder if other people agree with me...

I did this fight last night, and Starfall did not hit or break the cc'd targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    3. 5.1 is bringing glyph of focus back without the damage increase for situations like this which makes positioning easier.
    They scratched that glyph off the list in the patch update yesterday

Deleted
    They removed Glyph of Focus?

What were those devs thinking...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Starfall does not break the CC from the spears.
    Are you 100% sure of that?

Anyway, it's quite easy to outrange the CC. I'm using Starfall whole fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Are you 100% sure of that?

Anyway, it's quite easy to outrange the CC. I'm using Starfall whole fight.
    100% sure. I was standing right next to them on our normal kill to be in range for the spears and they didn't break out of CC. The stars did fall to the ground next to them implying that Blizzard has thought of the issue and fixed it. I'm not sure if the star falling to the ground dealt any damage or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    1. Its very easy to position yourself in the back of the room away from adds so you're 40 yards away from them.
    2. As someone stated earlier your starfall doesn't actually break the CC

In Short there really is no reason to complain about this when there is a simple solution to it.
    Glyph of focus was removed in the latest build, but it looks like the similar Mage glyph was as well. Maybe they are actually rolling out the smart targeting that Starfall was supposed to have all along? (Starfall was supposed to be fixed to not break cc in WotLK and they still have not made good on that promise.)
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre