Deleted

Stuff like this knocks the wind out of the sails..

Anyhoot sorry if this appears to be a whine or a bash its really not just wanted to share a player experience with you guys.

So I only just returned to the game after pretty much quitting last year and picked up my dk which was relatively new to me, as its Monday afternoon and I have a day off work I decide to try my hand at some PvP being not to experienced and as I said new I was chilling on my mount watching some of the PvP titled guys duel outside the city. Any how the boxed pops up that a rogue wants to duel me thinking its really a no lose experience I duel (pop army of the dead for some reason thought might help while stun locked).

Halfway through the duel (which I am not ashamed to admit I was getting hacked up) my BG window popped so I just stopped and let him finish me off. Being a reasonably polite mature sort of dude I /w him apologising for leaving so rapidly and giving up only to be met with a hail of abuse (see screenshot)

--REMOVED--

Anyhow point of my post is, is this now the norm?? One of the reasons I quit playing with any intent during TOC in WOTLK was Rudeness and entitlment from some players that just ruins the experience. Some my say its being over sensitive but this really peeved me off I dont pay and come online to be verbally abused for no apparent reason. I wouldnt mind if I instigated the duel but I was literally sitting minding my own business
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-05 at 05:08 PM.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Report for language and ignore him.

This is why I hate PvP in general. It's always so hostile.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatrixx View Post
    Anyhow point of my post is, is this now the norm??
    It is not the norm, in my expereince. 99% of the people I interact with are actually nice and fun people. Sorry you had a bad experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to say the stereotype for rogues is there for a reason but, it's there for a reason. Even from my own personal experience without listening to other's stories I can tell you it's a complex that most of them have and I haven't met many who don't. :P

Anyways seriously, do as the other poster said. Report for language and put on ignore. Yes, it can be pretty common nowadays, particularly where pvp is concerned but you probably just met up with a kid who was having a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I hate to say the stereotype for rogues is there for a reason but, it's there for a reason. Even from my own personal experience without listening to other's stories I can tell you it's a complex that most of them have and I haven't met many who don't. :P

Anyways seriously, do as the other poster said. Report for language and put on ignore. Yes, it can be pretty common nowadays, particularly where pvp is concerned but you probably just met up with a kid who was having a bad day.
    I'm a nice rogue =]

I think it's merely an issue of a ton of people coming together. You're bound to find one jerk in the crowd, and when you put them together they usually flock together (pvp). My suggestion would be either to play with a friend or make friends while leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Report for language and ignore him.

This is why I hate PvP in general. It's always so hostile.
    Same here.

It's one of the reasons I've given up on PvP.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA