Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Answer to the question asked by the OP: Yes, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    If your looking for sympathy you wont get it
    The door kinda swings both ways on this one.

PvP in no way means that it should be honorable, it simply means that that Player vs Player interaction, including combat, is possible at all times. Take into account how people can be ... in the internet ... being anonymous and all ... Yeah, that's a risk you are either willing to take, or not. Regardless the outcome, people will nto have my sympathies on this matter.

In short: If you don't like the PvP part of a PvP realm, re-roll or migrate.

Deleted
    I want a fair pvp server where i can punish griefers. Give me a passive 30 sec CD 5000 yards rope mount disarm so griefers can stop plaguing the pvp servers.

PvP server is so bad right now but PvE is even worser. I have no choice but to find someone that plays fair. Which clearly 99% of the pvpers cant do. All they want to do is to grief and piss players off and then tell them its a pvp server.

Sure why not i can grief too. I can kite your honor pvp vendor and chain CC him forever in a place youll never find.

If you dont let low level quest by just killing them and avoiding any high level contact, then i wont let you buy pvp gear. unless you bring your raid to have an easier chance to find me. I dont grief but i have learned some tricks.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-11-01 at 03:43 PM.

As much as I hate being ganked and want to literally stab them in the face with a hot poker, I do enjoy the feeling of needing to watch my back every step of the way.

Camping lowbies on ANY realm, IMO is dishonorable and should be a punishable offense.

I think most people do in-game what they'd like to do in real life. If you think is fine to kill someone who has little to no change of survive (low HP, big trash pull, outnumber, fighting rares, bla bla bla) then you are a game-prank and posibly a real-life too.
    Everybody knows what is good and wrong, and ganking is far from being morally correct. You win with a lot of advantage.

I do not promote ganking. I know there are other people behind that screen and their time worth for them the same as mine. There are places where you can get fair fights. If you like to win the ez way, you are either a kill-handy capped or a moral one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    If your looking for sympathy you wont get it

I truly believe blizz needs to offer a free one time server transfer for people who want off on a pvp server it would be good busines for blizz to offer such a one off service
    and those who still roll on pvp servers well you know the score by now you know what blizz implemented and tbh you must be a masochist to stay on a pvp server
    You knew the rules when you originally rolled on the PvP server to begin with. It would be stupid for blizzard to offer a free transfer to people on pvp servers to pve.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no basis for this complaint. The entire purpose of PvP servers is ganking and camping. Literally every other kind of PvP gameplay exists on PvE servers;

• Arenas
    • BGs
    • Rated BGs
    • Wintergrasp/Tol Barad
    • Dueling
    • Consensual World PvP (both parties flag themselves as ready for fighting)

The ONLY change made is that PvP servers add in non-consensual world PvP. "Ganking", in other words. You're automatically flagged outside sanctuary/newbie zones. In fact, saying "non-consensual" isn't really the best way to put it, since you did consent, when you picked the server type.

If you don't want to gank/be ganked, roll on a PvE server. PvP servers exist for that one sole reason. Rolling on one and then complaining about it is like going to a steakhouse and complaining that most of the meals have meat.

Deleted
    I play on a PvP realm and I get killed from time to time by high-level characters while leveling alts. I'm not mad at people who are having fun killing low level players because that's just how PvP servers work - you can always get killed.

However, I think it's morally incorrect to kill low level players. I don't do this myself when I'm on my level 90 character because it's neither fun nor challenging.

Comes with the territory, I used to be nice and ignore Horde especially when I was questing. Almost always tho they would gang up on me 2-3 vs 1, for example last week I am in deepholm leveling my Monk. I ran by a frost mage fighting 2 mobs at low health, I used touch of death on the mob with most health on him and was on my merry way. I figured he was in as much hurry to get out of this horrid zone as I was, 5 minutes later while I was doing the quest where you collect spirits a 90 Feral ganked me... I sigh.. but continued to quest. not even a minute alive and the same Mage I saved showed up and starts casting at me.. I smile and roll torwards him because I knew he was going to regret fuking with me.. then bam I get charged/feared by a warrior.. then a priest comes down to join in on the fun. They killed me twice, until I said enough. Logged on my Death Knight, took the portal to Deepholm. In the end they all had logged on their "mains" and all got massacred.. 1 dead lock, 1 dead priest, 1 dead warrior, and a ton of lowbies leveling got killed to MANY times. Thank you for wasting my Enlighment buff u asshats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathloc View Post
    I play on a PvP realm and I get killed from time to time by high-level characters while leveling alts. I'm not mad at people who are having fun killing low level players because that's just how PvP servers work - you can always get killed.

However, I think it's morally incorrect to kill low level players. I don't do this myself when I'm on my level 90 character because it's neither fun nor challenging.
    Its not morally wrong when a person specifically rolls on a pvp server imho. They knew about the potential to be ganked at any time when rolling because blizzard brings up that warning when you roll on one.

Even if it was a PvE realm and a person was flagged for PvP, it would not be wrong to gank them while they were leveling would it?

For me it's not the kill, it's the challenge of the fight, so ganking lowbies is not my style. I think it is a little cowardly since they have no chance whatso ever of killing you however give me a lvl 90 that looks at me funny and we're gonna rock.

As far as camping goes, I dont mind killing someone a few times or getting killed a few times, but merciless killing with the half life advantage from a res. is a little over the top.

Nothing wrong with ganking on PvP servers. It's annoying to be on the receiving end but there's no such thing as fair PvP. Calling people spineless for playing on PvE servers though just makes you sound like a complete you know what. Lots of people don't like PvP, doesn't make them any less of a player.

I won't take a stance on what is morally the right thing to do, but I consider ganking a natural part of a PvP realm. World PvP is not designed to be fair. I pretty much agree with Endus on this.

Its morally okay for sure.

But going on a "ganking spree" to kill lowbies where you first make yourself known, then spit a few times only to one shot them :S. Like it is some adrenaline rush?
    You sure your right in the noggin? Did your mother ever have to take small animals away from you for their safety? haha.

I mean, I see a low level, gank him and go about my business. If he has the audacity to spit at me, I will stick around for a bit maybe. Heck sometimes I feel to busy to even gank and other times I also play some game with them. Like help them first for a bit, only to make sure he pulls too many mobs and I let him die because it gives him extra repair cost.

But you with your ganking sprees take it to a whole different level . If I read your post it sounds like you get a hard on from it.

I find ganking newbies very boring indeed. There is absolutely no thrill or skill involved. I find that people who do that sort of thing are just bullies looking for an ego boost.

Personally I prefer camping outside the BMAH and ganking people trying to bid on things, it's much more fun and the other side actually makes an effort. On my server we have had some epic PVP battles over the BMAH.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    When anyone rolls a new character on a PvP Realm, the game gives you fair warning of the consequences of doing so. That being said, if a player is out leveling their character, and a high level player swoops down and gank rapes the lowbie, is that okay? They were fairly warned BEFORE rolling on the server that things like that may happen.

Is it morally okay to gank like this? Do you give a fair pass to players who choose to gank lowbies for the "fun of it"? Personally, all my characters are on PvP realms. I think playing on a PvE server is a spineless way to play the game, and there is no war in the World of WARcraft. There is no anxiety that at any moment someone could swoop down from a flying mount and rape you. Thats the thrill you get when you play on a PvP server, and in the same token, its the risk you take.

Often, I will go on "gank sprees" as i like to call it, and find unsuspecting players and stalk them for a bit. Ill even let them know of my presence by /waving to them, /laughing at them, and /spitting on them, then ill proceed to mercilessly kill them, possibly several times to try to get them to bring a main or a guildie and start a PvP war. Its great fun, and I think its okay because of the stated rules by blizzard of a PvP server.
    Er, nobody ganks these days. I do dailies, I quest, I do things and I am never attacked. It wasn't like this though in the original WoW.

When I started playing in Dec 2005, levelling a Hunter from 1-60, ganking was so bad that at times I was forced to log out. Southshore was camped daily by Rogues of a Horde guild called "Nerf Us" in Tier 2 gear, from 5 pm to about 9pm killing all and sundry, without discrimination, several times over.

That was shortly before the Gates of Ahn Qiraz event.

Nowadays there just isn't any ganking anymore, so I feel that the OP is trolling just to get his fix by people who would call him "monster", "skilless", "n00b" and stuff. As a veteran player, I feel that there just isn't any "Warcraft" to "WoW " anymore. Nothing was so epic as playing Vanilla and TBC imo.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Killing them once or twice is fine since you are opposing factions, and it makes sense. But camping a lowbie makes no real sense to me. It just seems more like someone who is trying to feel better about themselves by continuously killing someone who can't defend themself.

I love PvP. When questing and there are other faction folks of roughly the same level, and we duke it out - good fun Big rumbles with tons of toons/world PvP style - I love it. I see no reason for camping lowbies though.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Posting in a troll thread.

Morally it's perfectly OK, but ganking is for bads and no-skillers. That's really all there is to it.
    Troll posting in troll threads.

last night we had some great laughs ganking the horde, then when they hoped on their 90's we slapped em up a bit more. It led to some pretty epic world PvP. Yep, I'll continue to be a bad/no-skiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Er, nobody ganks these days. I do dailies, I quest, I do things and I am never attacked. It wasn't like this though in the original WoW.

Nowadays there just isn't any ganking anymore, so I feel that the OP is trolling just to get his fix by people who would call him "monster", "skilless", "n00b" and stuff. As a veteran player, I feel that there just isn't any "Warcraft" to "WoW " anymore. Nothing was so epic as playing Vanilla and TBC imo.
    Go level a toon through Deephome. On the CRZ I'm attached to it's been a warzone for 2 weeks running.

IMO ganking is not Morally wrong, its just pathetic. The people who even bother camping (not just ganking) are generally people that suck at pvp in the first place. Most of the time if you armory them, there the guys with greens and some pieces of loot from random places. They cant find a decent arena/rbg team and no raid groups will take them, so they fly around in lowbie zones trying to justify the 14.99 monthly subscription they pay for. As for myself, I wont go out of my way to kill anyone. But if say, your in my way or killing the mobs I need. Simple, your going to die.

Deleted
    I wish a more detailed description was added when selecting a PVP server.

"By choosing this server type, you have made yourself vulnerable to certain douchebags who will grief you in any way possible"