Resto Ascendance question

I have a question about which heals I should use during ascendance to maximize it's healing throughput. For starters what I currently do is keep my tidal waves buff up and spam GHW since its my biggest single target heal. From my usage of it though i haven't felt like i get much out the cd that way. I have used it with everyone stacked in healing rain and spamming chain heal as well (elegon last phase), but i still didn't feel like that was giving much benefit either. Is my understanding of how the mechanic works incorrect? Should I be using a different heal during it or does it just depend on the situation at hand it like most other talents right now. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also as a little background I currently 2 heal with a holy pally and we were able to do that on every fight in normal MSV's last week. We should have started heroic attempts this week. We are having to try and 2 heal the first boss of HoF (got him to 29% but F&V is owning us) this week because our dps/healer OS priest had a money issue and wont be back until next reset.

Also I can't post logs currently.

Well if your looking purely for the most hps output during ascendance, drop healing rain pop ascendance drop healing tide and if people are anywhere near 50% health spam chain heal since it has potentialy the most healing on lower health targets.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only used Ascendance on Heroic Elegon(yeah yeah, I know fail, only once), during last stack up phase to burn the boss and it did 3.7M-3.8M healing(Restorative Mists) during that part. I only spammed greater healing wave and riptide or something. Hard to say without seeing logs, normally it does a lot of healing when people aren't topped off.

I typically use healing tide as its own cd by itself since it heals for a ton. I will try usingit more withhealing rain though since you get more chances for it to duplicate. Good point

1) don't use it with htt. It's such a colossal waste to use the 2 together.

2) pre riptide, drop HST, cast HR and pop ascendance soon as HR cast done. Then chain spam your way to victory on your pre riptide target.

This is almost as strong as HTT is when done this way. Though granted it's quite a bit more mana.

A point of clarification: Ascendance does not copy the healing from totems (Healing Tide, Healing Stream). So it's not worth it to pair these two cooldowns, not to mention that it's often overkill. Pairing Ascendance with Spirit Link, however, is an excellent idea, since SLT will reduce the amount of overhealing done. (The same goes for pairing HTT + SLT as well).

furthermore if you specced into Ancestral swiftness. Do a UE + HR and pop ascendance immediately afterwards. ( ritptides rolling before hand 2). Midway through ascendance us AS to refresh HR and continue chain healing. HTT is used by itself and should be spaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaiman View Post
    I only used Ascendance on Heroic Elegon(yeah yeah, I know fail, only once), during last stack up phase to burn the boss and it did 3.7M-3.8M healing(Restorative Mists) during that part. I only spammed greater healing wave and riptide or something. Hard to say without seeing logs, normally it does a lot of healing when people aren't topped off.
    weak, to maximise healing @ elegon spec elemental , when hes in his last burn phase, pop EVERYTHING then ancestral guideance, 400k hp per lava burst to 3 players, 1.2 million hps xD (3 LoH's per sec).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    weak, to maximise healing @ elegon spec elemental , when hes in his last burn phase, pop EVERYTHING then ancestral guideance, 400k hp per lava burst to 3 players, 1.2 million hps xD (3 LoH's per sec).
    ancestral guidance is coping 40% of your dmg as healing to 3 most injured party or rajd members so try to do your math again

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"