Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaVolti View Post
    The problem with weak auras and dynamic groups is that they don't make the enemy that the DoTs are ticking on targetable. It's a hassle to find the mob that the DoT is actually on.
    Wait, there are addons where you can click on the target like that?

Deleted
    Shadowed unit frames

I use Shadowed Unit Frames (for target, focus, and boss frames which are targetable and will display any combination of buffs/debuffs/dots), as well as TidyPlates (mostly to see dots on trash/small adds)

I don't use any specific dot timers as I don't feel that it gives me any more information than what my boss/target frames give me already.

I use weakauras, but not for dots.
    Last edited by Sxq; 2015-03-16 at 06:24 PM.

I am actually coming here to post for the same thing. I have the exact addon I want to use, I just dont know what it is called. What I want is the boss frame with my dots anchoring off the left side. Right now I cant post the video of the addon I want but the video is entitled " Homeless vs The Iron Maidens Heroic - Shadow Priest PoV " on youtube. It is wonderful and may be something the OP is after as well. Anyone know what addon/WA the priest is using in the video ?
    www youtube com/watch?v=bEchtJ5YP7s
    Last edited by kellek; 2015-03-16 at 06:44 PM. Reason: trying to post the video

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kellek View Post
    I am actually coming here to post for the same thing. I have the exact addon I want to use, I just dont know what it is called. What I want is the boss frame with my dots anchoring off the left side. Right now I cant post the video of the addon I want but the video is entitled " Homeless vs The Iron Maidens Heroic - Shadow Priest PoV " on youtube. It is wonderful and may be something the OP is after as well. Anyone know what addon/WA the priest is using in the video ?
    www youtube com/watch?v=bEchtJ5YP7s
    SUF, Shadow Unit Frames. Edit the Boss frames to show your dots.
    Haven't seen the video btw, but that's probably what it is. Or something similair.

I use the shadowedunitframes with the boss panel only turned on. It's by far the best multi-dot addon I've ever used.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadowed Unit Frames, the Boss Panel lets you click or mouseover your way through dots on every major boss/add in every encounter - super easy!

Plus, they are unit frames, that are Shadowed - so you know they are the best
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I tried Ellipsis and it is really, really awesome. The automatic change in color when a DoT is about to run out is useful and the ghosting feature helps to remember what to re-cast in case stuff dropped off
    Now if only the targets it creates were clickable ... is there any way to make that happen?

Deleted
    I tried Ellipsis and it is really, really awesome. The automatic change in color when a DoT is about to run out is useful and the ghosting feature helps to remember what to re-cast in case stuff dropped off
    Now if only the targets it creates were clickable ... is there any way to make that happen?
    No, that's why peopel use bossframes.

But boss frames are limited to the raid bosses themselves bosses plus target and focus, right? Or to nameplates which move around with the mob so I can't anchor them to a specific place on my screen and have them always visible there.
    Boss frames won't help to e.g. track DoTs on things like Beastlord spears. They might help to track things on council fights (because they show all 3 council members) but not on any add spawns. Is that correct?
    Last edited by MegaVolti; 2015-03-17 at 01:14 PM.

But boss frames are limited to the raid bosses themselves bosses plus target and focus, right? Or to nameplates which move around with the mob so I can't anchor them to a specific place on my screen and have them always visible there.
    Boss frames won't help to e.g. track DoTs on things like Beastlord spears. They might help to track things on council fights (because they show all 3 council members) but not on any add spawns. Is that correct?
    That is correct, sorta. The boss frames usually show all mobs of interest (dogs on flamebender, primal elementalists, etc). There are some instances where they don't (such as spears). These mobs are usually pretty weak and die without needing dots refreshed (beast pack, hands on kromog etc). Spears are an example where you will need to refresh dots and they do not show up on the boss list. For this I just use Tidy Plates with my dots over the top of them.

All that being said, shadowed unit frames is the best. It's a better boss frame which is just helpful anyway, and it's got a very small footprint. Having a rainbow of dot timers across your screen ... I just don't see the appeal.

Edit: Edited because misread first part of his post
    Last edited by Comis; 2015-03-17 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Comis View Post
    That is correct. However, even with spears and such I find it easier to just use Tidy Plates with my dots showing above the plates. And that's just for a couple fights. For the vast majority of fights, the mobs that will actually need dots refreshed on them will show up on the boss list.
    Brackenspore add, Blast Furnance big adds, Flamebender dogs, Beastmaster spears, Thogar Man at Arms, those would all not be tracked by boss frames.
    Hans and Fanz plus Iron Maidens are the only fights that boss frames really work, right?
    Guess I'll have to stay with Ellipsis plus TidyPlates then.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Brackenspore add, Blast Furnance big adds, Flamebender dogs, Beastmaster spears, Thogar Man at Arms, those would all not be tracked by boss frames.
    Hans and Fanz plus Iron Maidens are the only fights that boss frames really work, right?
    OUF uses all those frames except spears, or at least the OUF included in ElvUI does

Sorry you responded while I was editing. I actually meant to say the exact opposite of your takeaway SUF tracks all those in that list in the boss frame except spears. There are other small adds that are not tracked, but they're usually aoe or instant kills that you rarely have time to let dots tick on anyway (again, spears being an exception). Like beast packs or arcane abberations.

At least try the darn thing before arguing so hard against it. Takes 10 minutes to set up and I promise it will change your life.