Anyone else think Demonology needs a new spell?

I use dark apotheosis.
    After using all my charges and waiting for them to charge again I have almost nothing for offensive spells. I run around a bit until I have something to cast but it just feels like a very limited selection of spells. Anyone else feel this way?

Isn't dark apotheosis meant to be for quasi-tanking....why would you need more offensives

The fury you generate while under Dark Apotheosis won't remain if you go Demon Form or normal caster form... Pointless ability in any scenario, both PvE and PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edave22 View Post
    I use dark apotheosis.
    After using all my charges and waiting for them to charge again I have almost nothing for offensive spells. I run around a bit until I have something to cast but it just feels like a very limited selection of spells. Anyone else feel this way?
    Why are you using Dark Apotheosis? I know that sounds slightly aggressive, but without knowing your reason for using it when it is a defensive stance and you're looking for more offense; it's kinda hard to say whether/why it might need some more offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Apotheosis =/= 100% stance.

You have no need to just run around with it on unless you are being focused in pvp or carrying a flag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    The fury you generate while under Dark Apotheosis won't remain if you go Demon Form or normal caster form... Pointless ability in any scenario, both PvE and PvP.

demon hunting is not pointless, although you are right that the fury you generate resets when you shift out of the form.

DA is a defensive stance, enough said.

I use it constantly in pvp, only to "oh snap" off tank in 5 man pve situations.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by NPSlow View Post
    I use it constantly in pvp, only to "oh snap" off tank in 5 man pve situations.
    You probably meant "pve" instead of "pvp" or what? Dark Apotheosis is not pointless, is beyond pointless... In PvP you need to do damage, in PvE you also need to do damage, Dark Apotheosis prevents you from doing damage... Warlock is a DPS class, not a tank class...

10+ Year Old Account
    You probably meant "pve" instead of "pvp" or what? Dark Apotheosis is not pointless, is beyond pointless... In PvP you need to do damage, in PvE you also need to do damage, Dark Apotheosis prevents you from doing damage... Warlock is a DPS class, not a tank class...
    ~14% reduced magical and physical damage, scales with mastery
    FURY ward - absorbs 47.8k damage for me, on a 10s CD
    Aura of Enfeeblement - reduces physical damage by 20% and cast time by 25% of all players around you
    You can even hellfire, while keeping corruption and hand of guldan up still
    And knock back, I mean honestly the benefits go on and on.

Stance dancing is not hard.

This glyph is invaluable in PVP, you can 1v2 equally geared players and tank entire teams with a healer.

Unneeded in PVE

Edit - furthermore if you're using this in PVE it's no wonder you are feeling a lack of buttons to press and low damage output.

You want to build a full bar for massive meta form burst in pve.
    Last edited by NPSlow; 2012-11-02 at 12:21 AM. Reason: I tank people every day on my Warlock, just in PVP
    Guatama - Enhancement

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if I'd go as far to say it's entirely pointless in PvE. On my warlock, I've tanked whole dungeons after tanks dropped or bailed. I also leveled using Dark Apoth the whole way from my first glyph slot to 90, and it's an amazingly fun leveling alternative. I was able to pull four or five mobs and barely even get tickled.

On the topic of the thread, though, Dark Apoth isn't meant to be super offensive. It's really balanced as is. Unless they intend to expand it into a full blown warlock tanking spec, rather than a glyph, I think the toolset is pretty damn satisfactory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah well you can legitimately tank no problem using the right glyphs and talents, IE sacrificing a voidwalker makes it easy.
    Guatama - Enhancement

Quote Originally Posted by NPSlow View Post
    ~14% reduced magical and physical damage, scales with mastery
    FURY ward - absorbs 47.8k damage for me, on a 10s CD
    Aura of Enfeeblement - reduces physical damage by 20% and cast time by 25% of all players around you
    You can even hellfire, while keeping corruption and hand of guldan up still
    And knock back, I mean honestly the benefits go on and on.

Stance dancing is not hard.

This glyph is invaluable in PVP, you can 1v2 equally geared players and tank entire teams with a healer.

Unneeded in PVE

Edit - furthermore if you're using this in PVE it's no wonder you are feeling a lack of buttons to press and low damage output.

You want to build a full bar for massive meta form burst in pve.

Aura of Enfeeblement/Elements, Carrion Swarm and Immolation Aura do not require Dark Apotheosis stance.... You can use them in Demon Form aswell, so your point has 0 relevance...

You need damage in PvP, not tanking abilities.

Yeah, stance dancing is not hard, but why would you want to switch other stances besides normal stance when generating fury, and demon form while spending fury? If you have 700 fury you switch to Dark Apotheosis to lose it all? Yeah, you generate a lot faster fury while in Dark Apotheosis, 'cuz Demonic Slash (wich requires 10 yards, btw) generates 60 fury, but you lose it after you switch the stance...

How can you even generate proper fury to burst, since you stance dance...?

You need damage in PvP, not tanking abilities.
    PVP uses damage reduction abilities. Have you ever played it?

Quote Originally Posted by anothdae View Post
    PVP uses damage reduction abilities. Have you ever played it?
    No need to get offensive just because you don't understand PvP. Go stack that resilience or stamina, or wtv you think it's best; since wotlk started, PvP is all about damage, nothing else. Use Dark Apotheosis, maybe it will save you from hunter or warrior burst, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    No need to get offensive just because you don't understand PvP. Go stack that resilience or stamina, or wtv you think it's best; since wotlk started, PvP is all about damage, nothing else. Use Dark Apotheosis, maybe it will save you from hunter or warrior burst, lol.
    It does, all the time.

In my opinion if you are shifting in to DA form with a full energy bar you are doing it wrong or in dire need of survival CDs or just messed up.

You need to know when to value survival (getting attacked) and damage/burst.

Saying that pvp is all about damage output makes it seem like you are trying to bait me.
    Guatama - Enhancement

this is when i usually use Harvest life, seems to fill in gaps quite nicely