Lodestone droprate

Decided to go on a farming session today, in malchor in Orr for some lodestone and I have to say this is beyond unreliable.
    I know it's a rare drop and all, but please explain to me how it can even be considered a drop.
    Full rare magic find gear, even magic find sigil and weapons with magic find stats, as well as magic find buffs from food (30%) and banner with another 10 and for 2 hours boost as well.
    Now I farmed 5 hours and some min before my patience just evaporated: not a single drop of a lodestone. Not one. Nada. Niks. Ingenting. Nothing! :-(

How is a person supposed to reach 100 of these in like ever? And are all the ones on the trade post comprised of bug exploits and crap like that in order to even get them?!
    I'm extremely dissapointed in drop rates in guild Wars 2. I don't mind grinding, in fact I find it somewhat chill, but that involves actually seeing something drop... Like at all.

So someone explain this to me... Where is the logic?

Deleted
    Are you farming at the sparks at Lyssa?

To be honest, the prices seem kinda inflated at the moment, makes me think someone is seriously inflating the market. You can probably easily farm 2g/hour elsewhere to buy more than 1/hour and buy them... which tends to be the case for most rare drops in GW2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexrex View Post
    Decided to go on a farming session today, in malchor in Orr for some lodestone and I have to say this is beyond unreliable.
    I know it's a rare drop and all, but please explain to me how it can even be considered a drop.
    Full rare magic find gear, even magic find sigil and weapons with magic find stats, as well as magic find buffs from food (30%) and banner with another 10 and for 2 hours boost as well.
    Now I farmed 5 hours and some min before my patience just evaporated: not a single drop of a lodestone. Not one. Nada. Niks. Ingenting. Nothing! :-(

How is a person supposed to reach 100 of these in like ever? And are all the ones on the trade post comprised of bug exploits and crap like that in order to even get them?!
    I'm extremely dissapointed in drop rates in guild Wars 2. I don't mind grinding, in fact I find it somewhat chill, but that involves actually seeing something drop... Like at all.

So someone explain this to me... Where is the logic?
    I suggest farming t5 converting them to t6 later, hey thats just my opinion feel free to try farming t6 u´ll prolly fail as they have this kinda thing that says ¡ey, he´s farming... nothing for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenas View Post
    I suggest farming t5 converting them to t6 later, hey thats just my opinion feel free to try farming t6 u´ll prolly fail as they have this kinda thing that says ¡ey, he´s farming... nothing for him!
    Meanwhile the 3 others who also were farming along side me got like 3 in an hour. I'm baffled by how punishing and uneven things seem to be when it comes to gathering materials in this game...

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile the 3 others who also were farming along side me got like 3 in an hour. I'm baffled by how punishing and uneven things seem to be when it comes to gathering materials in this game...
    Why didn't you group with them? Drop rates increase dramatically in groups, especially full ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Why didn't you group with them? Drop rates increase dramatically in groups, especially full ones.
    We were grouped the whole time they were there (3 of the five hours or so). Did didlysquat for my drop rate..

10+ Year Old Account
    We were grouped the whole time they were there (3 of the five hours or so). Did didlysquat for my drop rate..
    Huh, that's really weird, idk why you wouldn't have gotten roughly the same as them, maybe just bad luck?
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I cant quite work it out either. I've be farming corrupted lodestones in frostgorge sound and have literally gone hours without a single one (this is with 100% magic find and being grouped) and then the other day I forgot to grab my mf gear out the bank but thought feck it I'll try anyway. So I had 3% mf and not in a group and I got 3 in 45 minutes!

Deleted
    That's just how RNG works though, to get any sort of accurate drop rate you need a sample size of many thousands - ideally tens of thousands... then you can calculate accurate drop rates, and that's even without factoring in some of the more complex things in GW2 like group rate and diminishing returns, for which no one knows the actual formula.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukazor View Post
    I cant quite work it out either. I've be farming corrupted lodestones in frostgorge sound and have literally gone hours without a single one (this is with 100% magic find and being grouped) and then the other day I forgot to grab my mf gear out the bank but thought feck it I'll try anyway. So I had 3% mf and not in a group and I got 3 in 45 minutes!
    The thing with magic find is that it probably sees the original drop chance as 100% and the increase is based on that.
    for example: let's say the chance to find a lodestone is 0.001%.
    You have 100% magic find, which increase your odds by a factor 2.
    This means that your chance of finding a lodestone is still a measly 0.002%.
    In other words, your drop chance is still pretty poor, even with high magic find.

About your last sentence: it could be that you were just extremely lucky that day.
    Or extremely unlucky the day before that, that's just RNG, I guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortcut View Post
    The thing with magic find is that it probably sees the original drop chance as 100% and the increase is based on that.
    for example: let's say the chance to find a lodestone is 0.001%.
    You have 100% magic find, which increase your odds by a factor 2.
    This means that your chance of finding a lodestone is still a measly 0.002%.
    In other words, your drop chance is still pretty poor, even with high magic find.

About your last sentence: it could be that you were just extremely lucky that day.
    Or extremely unlucky the day before that, that's just RNG, I guess
    This is pretty accurate, regardless of what your magic find is you will still have a piss poor chance of getting the rarest stuff though, HOWEVER, by wearing that magic find gear you'll make more money through the rares/exotics you'll be finding from the mobs because magic find also seems to decrease your chance of getting "lesser" rewards.

I'm of the mindset that MF gear does diddly squat in this game. I've farmed for hours on end on my guardian with as much MF as I can muster (armor, runes, sigil, weapons, guild boosts, food buffs, etc, etc) and don't seem to do ANY better than when I have 0% MF. Seriously. It's that bad. I'm still waiting for Anet to come forward and say that MF has been bugged this entire time.

I've actually gotten better and more frequent drops without my MF gear on as opposed to when I have it on.....seriously. Something is really f*cked up with MF and drop rates in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I'm of the mindset that MF gear does diddly squat in this game. I've farmed for hours on end on my guardian with as much MF as I can muster (armor, runes, sigil, weapons, guild boosts, food buffs, etc, etc) and don't seem to do ANY better than when I have 0% MF. Seriously. It's that bad. I'm still waiting for Anet to come forward and say that MF has been bugged this entire time.

I've actually gotten better and more frequent drops without my MF gear on as opposed to when I have it on.....seriously. Something is really f*cked up with MF and drop rates in this game.
    Well going from 0-30% magic find I've noticed a HUGE difference in drops

10+ Year Old Account
    you cant prove its NOT random >_>

<_<
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    damn! and I worked so hard to reach 400 cooking to be able to make my own MF food! ><

Well going from 0-30% magic find I've noticed a HUGE difference in drops
    I went for several weeks of farming with all my MF gear before I got pissed off at it and stopped wearing it. And guess what happened? I get just as many drops, if not more so WITHOUT the MF gear on. Yeah. Several weeks of personal experience is enough for me to know that all that extra MF is not worth it. I'd rather have something else that increases my damage and makes farming easier and faster....considering my drop rate seems to be better without the MF anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I went for several weeks of farming with all my MF gear before I got pissed off at it and stopped wearing it. And guess what happened? I get just as many drops, if not more so WITHOUT the MF gear on. Yeah. Several weeks of personal experience is enough for me to know that all that extra MF is not worth it. I'd rather have something else that increases my damage and makes farming easier and faster....considering my drop rate seems to be better without the MF anyway.
    i'm talking about with exotics and rares, not this lodestone nonsense lol, you know what 150% of a shitty drop rate is? A slightly less, but still shitty drop rate.

i'm talking about with exotics and rares, not this lodestone nonsense lol, you know what 150% of a shitty drop rate is? A slightly less, but still shitty drop rate.
    I've noticed more rares drop without MF gear on. It may just be my personal experience, but that doesn't change the fact that it happens more often than not. I've actually had my MF gear on, got no rare drops, took it off, then got three to four rare drops in a very short amount of time. And it happens ALOT to me. That's why I just don't screw with MF gear anymore....I run around in gear that lets me do more damage and kill things faster. Faster kills=more loot=higher frequency chance of getting rares. I find that works way better than MF gear any day of the week.

So over the past week I've been doing lodestone farming sessions of about 5 hours a day. As much magic find as I can come up with including boosts. So far not a single lodestone has dropped. Not one.
    Also not seen any rares. I do however have about four stacks of gems..... Sigh