Deleted

Blade Lord Ta'yak Tanking Debuff Help

Hello all,

We had a slightly frustrating night with Blade Lord Ta'yak last night. Our tanks were getting destroyed by the overwhelming strikes. From every video I've seen, each tank only has one.

Do tanks need to kite/taunt tennis the boss in order to drop their stacks, or are they missing something easy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskaejay View Post
    Hello all,

We had a slightly frustrating night with Blade Lord Ta'yak last night. Our tanks were getting destroyed by the overwhelming strikes. From every video I've seen, each tank only has one.

Do tanks need to kite/taunt tennis the boss in order to drop their stacks, or are they missing something easy?
    Just do not taunt untill the debuff drops (or as soon as the 2nd tank takes a 2nd stack).

I noticed the same and it fucked me up (on the first pull, after that is was kinda obvious), i taunted right after my offtank took his stack then we slowly build the stacks untill we both had two and we got screwed... (a third is not survivable).

What we do is as follows;

- Pull
    - MT takes 1 stack
    - OT Taunts and takes 2 Stacks
    - MT taunts and takes 2 stacks.

Now just watch your timers because there are times when you can taunt it at and keep it only at one stack, taking a hit while already having a stack is not a problem, just use a tiny cooldown and/or make sure your healers top you off fully when you take the debuffed hit.

Deleted
    I'll pass this on, seems like they must have been over-complicating it

Deleted
    In our kill last night (25 man) we went in a bit blind to tactics, just sort of winged it. We just took 2 stacks each and used cds at the appropriate time of the next strike. 1 Shot the boss without any issues rly, bit of a boring fight, ammusing final phase dodging tornados

Deleted
    Seconded on the 2 stacks, you can taunt as soon as the opposite tank has 2 stacks and be fine, 3 even is survivable with a cd assuming low intensity stacks.

Be careful sub 30% you should be around 4-5 intensity stacks (10 man 2 healed for us) and the second overwhelming strike was hitting our druid for 300k plus damage, I think on one attempt he got insta-gibbed from 85% health with the strike+melee, so once the boss is on that many intensify stacks I'd definitely advice cycling cooldowns for your second stacks