Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Hof released too soon?

Thinking from the average player point of view.

Cleared normal MSV, but no where near done heroic MSV. Now new raid is released and raiders mind split in to two instead focusing on same raid.

I think Hof realease was rushed. Should of been after month or so.

Surely this helps for hardcore gamers, who will quit once they cleared all the content.

However those who want to obtain gear from older raids and are bit slower at progress will be left floating in the air. To bother with the old or to go for the new.

Surely there is one more raid to come, but at this speed i'm afraid we end up to similar issues as we seen in DS. "nothing to do"

What do you think?

Try keep it informative and do not rush into flame wars. This is by no means ment to start debate between noobs and pros.

No one is forcing you to do the raids split. You could focus on finishing up heroic MSV, then move on to Heart of Fear, then finish that up and head to Terrace.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't have said no to an extra week of heroic progression in MSV, especially seeing some of the rather annoying bugs on the first boss/first boss trash, but to be honest if you dont think your group is ready for HoF you gotta sit them down and explain that too them. Our guild is 1/6 HoF, almost certainly going 2/6 tonight (7% wipes ftl), and we've only killed H Stone guard, so I think a guild thats full cleared MSV N should be ready to give HoF a go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

I stopped reading at "Should of" ..

/end constructivepost

Infracted~
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2012-11-01 at 09:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1teFyster View Post
    I stopped reading at "Should of" ..

/end constructivepost
    Why?

/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Gating content by locking the door for a couple of weeks is no way to stave off "DS syndrome"
    That doesn't add extra life to the content it just artificially inflates it

I really like the release time to be honest. It will keep heroic atempts from going stale and this is the same tier. So then we everything is out in this tier the heroics will still be there for us to do.

Personally I feel like MoP has so much content that HoF could have easily waited a few more weeks, but the people who play 6+ hours a day are probably fiending for it already. Man, I haven't even seen all the 5 man dungeons yet, and I've only had a chance to do 1 scenario. That's college life, I guess.

I disagree. As a guild who is halfway through heroic MV, i think it isnt much different than the beginning of cata (T11) where we had a few different raids to choose from. as opposed to just going in a straight line, if you cant get heroic spirit kings after 50 attempts and people are losing moral, you can get your mind off of it with a different string of progression, all counting towards the same goal. 16 total bosses is a good bit, but thats not an issue in the least in my opinion. it isnt like HoF is T15 making T14 completely useless.

Well we had T11 3 raids all at once and people managed. I don't see the problem, my guild personally only cleared 25M 6/6 normal last week, we haven't even started heroics but we're still happy to go into HoF right now

We should be expecting a similar thread in 2 weeks...

try being a melee that has to wait for terrace to get a sha weapon

well, theres always elegon I guess

Last expansion they released all the tier 11 raids on the same day.

Just because heart of fear is available it doesn't mean you are forced to abandon your progression raids in MV. You probably have at least 6 months to work through the 3 tier 14 raids.

You can choose to do heart of fear or MV and i'm not sure how having an extra choice about what you do is a bad thing. If you don't like your choice... choose the other choice next week.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2012-11-01 at 12:36 AM.

Heroic raids are not mandatory. Why continue to go through the same bosses when you can clear normal HoF? I mean sure the I lvl is lower than heroic modes, but really, who cares? Our guilds going to do them all on normal, then move to heroic in the period between the end of the current tier and then next one.

My guild and I are still working on MSV tonight. If the raids had all released at the same time, like T11, we would have focused on MSV first anyway. Just because the new raid is out doesn't mean you HAVE to do it until you're ready. Unless you're a world or server-first progression guild, there's no rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    try being a melee that has to wait for terrace to get a sha weapon

well, theres always elegon I guess
    Or a pure caster DPS =/

There is no reason to feel pressured by the release of a new instance. A girlfriend of mine is still on the 3rd boss of that heroic mogu instance and nobody in her guild is bothered the slightest bit by it. Nobody forces you to progress at a speed you aren't comfortable with.

Tier 4: Karazhan, Gruul, Magtheridon released at same time.
    Tier 5: TK and SSC also released at the same time as tier 4.
    Tier 6: Mt. Hyjal released at same time as tier 4 and 5. BT released 5 months later.
    Tier 7: Naxx, Malygos, and OS. Released at same time.
    Tier 8: Ulduar released solo.
    Tier 9: TOC released before any guild did 0-lights.
    Tier 11: 3 raids released at same time (BOT, BWD, T4W).

As a guild who probably raid much more hardcore, we spent 3 weeks waiting for Heart of Fear, I personally felt the gating system has stopped many guilds who could've progressed into HoF hc over 2 weeks ago.
    For most players this gating system is perfectly fine, there is no pressure forcing you to go Heart of Fear heroic next week, in fact its probably more wise to stay in MSV til you have enough gear.
    www.scrubbusters.com/ Currently World 12th 6/6hc
    ★★★twitch.tv/hyperia★★★ - Weekly raiding blog.

the normal progression pattern should be "normal mogu" -> "normal hof" -> "normal terrace" -> "heroic mogu" -> "heroic hof" -> "heroic terrace"

it would have been stupid to way for most guild to clean heroic mogushan before releasing hof, as it would make normal hof totally "pointless"