Page 1 of 9
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    MoP Sales Numbers, where are they?

    I just realized this as I thought about how many bad ratings the game has received so far. Where is the official press release on the sales figures of MoP from Blizzard? Did they really sell shit numbers compared to previous expansions? Do they only have sales press releases if the sales of one of their games beats records?

    Looks like MoP didn't beat any records since they haven't released any official numbers? Its looks to clearly be the case considering how low quality the game has turned out to be so far

    Wasnt there an unofficial sales figure of just under 900k box units?
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  2. #2
    They released numbers after the first week. The earnings call is next week as well IIRC.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    34,012
    Wasn't it 3.7 million or something the first week? I have to go look it up again



  4. #4
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I just realized this as I thought about how many bad ratings the game has received so far. Where is the official press release on the sales figures of MoP from Blizzard? Did they really sell shit numbers compared to previous expansions? Do they only have sales press releases if the sales of one of their games beats records?

    Looks like MoP didn't beat any records since they haven't released any official numbers? Its looks to clearly be the case considering how low quality the game has turned out to be so far

    Wasnt there an unofficial sales figure of just under 900k box units?
    Bad reviews? Really?

    You call an 8 and above on most sites a bad review?

    Christ.

    Do you ever have anything positive to say about WoW mang?

    Mists sold like..2.9 million I think in Digital and Hardcopy sales in the first week.

    Pretty sure it's around what Darsithis said now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  5. #5
    Here's the Press Release BTW since your google skills seemed to have failed you

    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=7473409

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Wasn't it 3.7 million or something the first week? I have to go look it up again
    2.7 million in the first week

    edit : i dont think they released day 1 sales for MoP

    edit 2 : i believe they only sold 700k box sales, the rest were digital downloads
    Last edited by dokilar; 2012-11-01 at 06:40 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Bad reviews? Really?

    You call an 8 and above on most sites a bad review?

    Christ.

    Do you ever have anything positive to say about WoW mang?

    Mists sold like..2.9 million I think in Digital and Hardcopy sales in the first week.

    Pretty sure it's around what Darsithis said now.
    Unlike his candidate of choice you can never call Jaylock a flip flopper.

  8. #8
    2.7 million sales the first week, but Cata made 3.3 million the first DAY. Its not even close to break any records :P

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    2.7 million sales the first week, but Cata made 3.3 million the first DAY. Its not even close to break any records :P

    Why should it break records ? ... and why is sales importent ?

    all that matter is * do you have fun ?* thats it ... if not then stop playing.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    2.7 million in the first week

    edit : i dont think they released day 1 sales

    edit 2 : i believe they only sold 700k box sales, the rest were digital downloads
    I believe they do release single day sale. They just didn't release them for MoP. Wotlk sold 2.8 million in on the first day.

    http://www.pcworld.com/article/154267/article.html

    Then BC sold 2.4 million on the first day.

    http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...-sales-record/

  11. #11
    Legendary! Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    6,042
    For someone that doesn't care and has quit, the OP sure spend lots of time thinking about and trying to flamebait over this game.

    And I wouldn't say that Mists have recieved bad reviews unless they were...well, bad. Anything else is just blatant lying/wishful thinking and seeing the OP I'd bet my money on the second.

    That feeling when there's a new expansion out and you sit in a Garrison wondering what the hell to do because you are stuck on an entire continent like Timeless Isle, only with flightpaths to encourage afk travel coz "immersion".

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Bad reviews? Really?

    You call an 8 and above on most sites a bad review?

    Christ.

    Do you ever have anything positive to say about WoW mang?

    Mists sold like..2.9 million I think in Digital and Hardcopy sales in the first week.

    Pretty sure it's around what Darsithis said now.
    2.7 Million the first week, includes both box sales and digital. Much less than predicted.


    Here's the Press Release BTW since your google skills seemed to have failed you
    Thank you for the link

    As a side note, didnt all the previous expansions sell way more the first week than MoP?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 06:26 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Unlike his candidate of choice you can never call Jaylock a flip flopper.
    When you listen to CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, and read "news" from websites like huffingtonpost, then you would definitely be one to say that about "my candidate of choice"

    OT: Sales were a little disappointing this time around for blizzard, as i just looked it up, Cata, Wrath, and TBC all sold more the first week.
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I just realized this as I thought about how many bad ratings the game has received so far. Where is the official press release on the sales figures of MoP from Blizzard? Did they really sell shit numbers compared to previous expansions? Do they only have sales press releases if the sales of one of their games beats records?

    Looks like MoP didn't beat any records since they haven't released any official numbers? Its looks to clearly be the case considering how low quality the game has turned out to be so far

    Wasnt there an unofficial sales figure of just under 900k box units?
    just take advice from your signature if you're not playing

  14. #14
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    2.7 Million the first week, includes both box sales and digital. Much less than predicted.




    Thank you for the link

    As a side note, didnt all the previous expansions sell way more the first week than MoP?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 06:26 PM ----------



    When you listen to CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, and read "news" from websites like huffingtonpost, then you would definitely be one to say that about "my candidate of choice"

    OT: Sales were a little disappointing this time around for blizzard, as i just looked it up, Cata, Wrath, and TBC all sold more the first week.
    Yet they celebrated and treated it as a success, cuz it was.

    They're above 10 million subscribers yet again.

    Also, WoW's showing its age. People just don't wanna play anymore cuz they've given this game, what, almost 8 years of their life to it?

    I don't really see the big deal.

    Millions of sales, 10 million+ subscribers.

    What's the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    2.7 Million the first week, includes both box sales and digital. Much less than predicted.
    Given the flop that Cataclysm turned out to be I'm not so sure about that. Yes every previous expansion broke records but every previous expansion was following an expansion or the original game, that did well. People were more cautious after Cataclysm. I don't think anyone was expecting record breaking sales again, not the first week.

    Thank you for the link

    As a side note, didnt all the previous expansions sell way more the first week than MoP?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 06:26 PM ----------

    See above.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 01:35 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Yet they celebrated and treated it as a success, cuz it was.

    They're above 10 million subscribers yet again.

    Also, WoW's showing its age. People just don't wanna play anymore cuz they've given this game, what, almost 8 years of their life to it?

    I don't really see the big deal.

    Millions of sales, 10 million+ subscribers.

    What's the issue.
    Also this. After the press release there was a lot of huffing and puffing about how terrible it was because it didn't break records. 2.7 million the first week is nothing to scoff at though. It's still a success.

  16. #16
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    I believe they do release single day sale. They just didn't release them for MoP. Wotlk sold 2.8 million in on the first day.

    http://www.pcworld.com/article/154267/article.html

    Then BC sold 2.4 million on the first day.

    http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...-sales-record/
    yea i should have been more specific, in the past theyve always released first day sales but they just decided not to with MoP for whatever reason.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    yea i should have been more specific, in the past theyve always released first day sales but they just decided not to with MoP for whatever reason.
    Somehow I think the reason for that is because it would be too emberassing for the game, and Blizzard doesn't like to look weak

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    [/COLOR]
    When you listen to CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, and read "news" from websites like huffingtonpost, then you would definitely be one to say that about "my candidate of choice"

    OT: Sales were a little disappointing this time around for blizzard, as i just looked it up, Cata, Wrath, and TBC all sold more the first week.
    Yeah but you knew the sales quotes before you even posted this thread, this is just your way of back handing and poking wow in the eye in a new thread.

    I watch headline news once a day for 15 minutes and I switch back and forth between fox and CNN from time to time, I dont watch opinion time slots. Then I watch the debates, where he says something entirely different the next week. "Its wrong to set a date on Afghanistan" -> 1 week later, "Absolutely out by 2014". Last year he said he would get rid of FEMA and now that there has been a natural disaster and Fema is polling well, well he says he loves Fema now. I'm a fiscal republican at heart but I don't think he will do anything he says he will. Hell I have been called a capitalist pig on here because I think video game companies with successful games should back the money truck up and keep shoveling it in the front door all they want.

    I didnt think you would get upset about calling him 'your candidate of choice' since you are advertising him.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Also this. After the press release there was a lot of huffing and puffing about how terrible it was because it didn't break records. 2.7 million the first week is nothing to scoff at though. It's still a success.
    Im not arguing that it wasnt a success, im just saying it wasnt as successful as previous launches. In fact, many of the other expansions sold more the FIRST DAY than MoP did in its first week. Go figure.
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I just realized this as I thought about how many bad ratings the game has received so far. Where is the official press release on the sales figures of MoP from Blizzard? Did they really sell shit numbers compared to previous expansions? Do they only have sales press releases if the sales of one of their games beats records?

    Looks like MoP didn't beat any records since they haven't released any official numbers? Its looks to clearly be the case considering how low quality the game has turned out to be so far

    Wasnt there an unofficial sales figure of just under 900k box units?
    Are you some kind of Stakeholder of Blizzard?

    Why people are so worried about Blizzard numbers?

    Another topic that tries to bring down WoW community and transmits the "WoW is dying" image.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •