Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Would you vote for this guy in a presidental election?

Vladimír Franz is one of the candidates for the first Czech presidental elections which are to be held in January (before, presidents have been voted by the parliament).

I'm personally gonna vote for him, because:
    - He is independent, not preferring any political party of anything - which means A LOT in the CZ, probably the most corrupted Western country
    - He is tattooed everywhere. By voting someone like that our president, we could show the world that we're a modern country with no prejudice.
    - He is also a great candidate overall, but his exact policies don't really matter in this thread, the point is the tattoos.

TLDR:
    The question for you guys not familiar with the other candidates is:
    Would you vote for him or not? Or better put, would you even take the time to look up his opinions and consider voting him, or just ditch him simply because he's tattooed everywhere?

More info on him under this link:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/...8#.UJLU42LCZ8E
    Last edited by Uzi; 2012-11-01 at 08:52 PM.

I would, only because I pledged my soul to Satan years ago and I'm pretty sure that's him.

Plus his first name is fucking Vladimir.

I think the look of someone shouldn't matter when you're going to vote. After all, a president isn't going to "rule" a country using his looks, right?

So....where's the poll ?
    And for me, the way he looks is totally irrelevant.
    Do you have a link to his actual platform or program or proposals or whatever ?

Sure I would, assuming of course that this guy is a Darth.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    - He is tattooed everywhere. By voting someone like that our president, we could show the world that we're a modern country with no prejudice.
    I don't know how politics work there, but that seems like a weird reason to vote for someone.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I think the look of someone shouldn't matter when you're going to vote. After all, a president isn't going to "rule" a country using his looks, right?
    Exactly. Elections shouldn't be a High School Popularity contest. I couldn't say if I'd vote for him or not because I don't know anything about his political views.

Vladimír Franz is one of the candidates for the first Czech presidental elections which are to be held in January (before, presidents have been voted by the parliament).

- He is independent, not preferring any political party of anything - which means A LOT in the CZ, probably the most corrupted Western country

TLDR:
    The question for you guys not familiar with the other candidates is:
    Would you vote for him or not? Or better put, would you even take the time to look up his opinions and consider voting him, or just ditch him simply because he's tattooed everywhere?

More info on him under this link:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/...8#.UJLU42LCZ8E
    No, he shows poor judgement with those tattoos.

I would. It's the voice that's to be heard, not the face. He better know his shit though, because his look WILL give him a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't know how politics work there, but that seems like a weird reason to vote for someone.
    Well now that president is directly voted by the citizens, he also lost even more of the little power he had. Essentially, he is only the posterboy of the country.

Exactly. Elections shouldn't be a High School Popularity contest. I couldn't say if I'd vote for him or not because I don't know anything about his political views.
    Yeah, as I said the point of the thread is whether you care about the looks or not.
    Kind of like how it was such a big deal when Obama became the first black president of the US.

No I would not. The leader of your nation should look respectable, and having tattoos over your entire face isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Glad I wasn't the only one that thought this as well.
    Last edited by Noobadin; 2012-11-01 at 08:30 PM. Reason: added the quote

Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    No, he shows poor judgement with those tattoos.
    Why do you think so?

Well now that president is directly voted by the citizens, he also lost even more of the little power he had. Essentially, he is only the posterboy of the country.
    If the President is only a "posterboy", who cares who wins the election then....? Then if you only care about looks, like you said in the quote, then no one should vote on this person because almost everyone will think he's a psycho and what not.

I think my final decision will be dependent upon whether or not he owns a blood red velvet coat/smoking jacket.

Certainly not but I bet he would intimidate the hell out of every political representative from other countries he came in contact with.

But yeah I would vote for him if he promised to end every spoken sentence with the words "or I will rip your heart out"
    "I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the united states of America
    and to the republic for which it stands, one nation divided under many gods, Indecisive, with ignorance and greed for all
    "Maybe if our kids recited the truth before class they would grow to avoid the mistakes of their forefathers."

Damn, thought this would be about Vermin Supreme. Guess not

If the President is only a "posterboy", who cares who wins the election then....? Then if you only care about looks, like you said in the quote, then no one should vote on this person because almost everyone will think he's a psycho and what not.
    Well I see it another way:
    The president is purely representative now - this guy is extremely smart and educated, very talented in many ways of art, and he stands by his beliefs, whatever it takes. I think tattooing your whole body takes a lot of confidence. He says he got his tattoo for purely visual reasons. Whether you like it or not, that's a matter of opinion.

Anyway, I think that just like the US citizens voted a black president and kinda showed the world they are not such a conservative society anymore, this could mean the same for Europe, especially a post-communist country.

EDIT: Also posterboy not only by looks but also by his opinions and statements ofc, it's just that he doesn't have a lot of direct political power.

If I cared enough to vote I would look up his proposed policies; looks have nothing to do with how you lead a country. ALTHOUGH, his tattoos display poor judgement imo so if I knew nothing about the candidates, I would automatically vote for whoever is running against him.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

I don't vote for sith lords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.