Fight Back against the Conquest Cap Changes

The Conquest cap changes have ticked me off more than any other change in recent history from Blizzard.

The part that bothers me this most is being forced to cap conquest points with RBG's AFTER doing any randoms and arenas. You can't win 3 or 4 RBG's early in the week and then finish out your cap with randoms or arenas, but you can do randoms/arenas first and finish your cap with an RBG or two. The exact same content, in a different order, gives different rewards.

For Example:

Tuesday:
    3 RBG Wins = 1200 Conquest

Rest of the week:
    10 Random Wins = 150 Conquest (Capped)

Total: 1350

If you run RBG's on Sunday Instead and run randoms earlier

Early in the week:
    10 Random Wins = 500 Conquest (minimum)

Sunday:
    3 RBG Wins = 1150 Conquest

Total: 1650

So for the exact same effort, you get fewer rewards than somebody who has a different schedule. This is not a design! This is a mistake and is counterintuitive to anything Blizzard has ever posted.

I've brought this up on the forums, bug reports, tickets, and suggestions and have been given the same “working as intended” response. I'm frustrated.

I've finally devised a plan to get Blizzard to listen and I am looking for support from others who feel the new Conquest system needs to be reverted.

I've canceled the subscription to all my accounts that aren't part of an annual pass and I recommend everybody else who wants this to change do the same. Do I want people to stop playing? No. Once you cancel the account, and give your reason, simply reactivate it when it comes due (or you happen to play that account again). I bet the devs pay more attention to canceled accounts than they do to any other message in the game. In my case, I canceled 3 accounts. I will probably re-enable them all, but I don't always play them all and will probably not re-enable them until I need to. In that way, I can hit them where it hurts. My three accounts won't do anything, but a hundred with the same complaint will probably get noticed.

I'm sure, I will get a bunch of troll messages, and that's fine. “You're a N00B! You want free gear! You only have xk kills!” I'm not a hard-core PVPer, but I do like to play and I don't think it's right to penalize people for playing on Tuesday instead of Sunday and I don't think it's right that the Blizzard devs made a mistake and call it “working as intended” when it's clearly not “working as intended.”

f you, like me, are tired of Blizzard's smoke and mirrors, cancel your account for a few days and lets see if we can get something changed.

Thanks – DT
    Last edited by Vees; 2012-11-01 at 10:03 PM.
    If I wanted to be melee, I would have rolled a Rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure I'd love it if I can cap my points using any method. Or even better going back to the TBC system where the points are rewarded to you every tuesday morning (OH HOW I MISS STAYING UP TILL 3AM FOR GEAR!). And Id like it if I didnt have to RBG or be 500 conq points behind each week, but c'mon it's a minor issue in the grand scheme of things Blizzard should change.

For the OP i'd suggest capping with 2s early on Tuesday before you rbg, and then youd only need 1 rbg. It only takes like an hour.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Actually, that's a good suggestion Korgoth. The thought didn't even occur to me since I haven't done Arenas in about a year. This past week I tried to run as many BG's as I could prior to the RBG's then we went 2/4 (I did say it was casual, right), but you can't get many points that way. I'm going to post to my guild's forums and get a capping mate. Such a simple solution. I'm still pissed at Blizzard for this bug though and still recommend having people fight it (perticularly the poor souls who only do Arenas).
    '

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vees View Post

I've canceling the subscription to all my accounts that aren't part of an annual pass and I recommend everybody else who wants this to change do the same. Do I want people to stop playing? No.
    Your bold caught my attention, and so thats where I started reading, the following is where I stopped. I'm not going to call you any names or anything. I'm going to say that if you are going to use your little 'plan' as a way to slap Blizzard around then good luck to you, however, I highly doubt it will work. And you might, might just get the attention of some very powerful people to start examining your in game activities.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

This system is so flawed, I hate how the order of getting your points matters so much.

Just got this from a GM:

The 1350 cap is a hard cap, not a ratio-cap - so a player cannot earn conquest points by doing random BGs after they reach the 1350 cap *even if* they did rated BGs to get them up to that point. So, to be absolutely clear:

- There is a first cap of 1350 conquest points. You may do either rated BGs or random BGs to reach that cap. Regardless of how you chose to reach 1350, after reaching it random BGs will not award conquest points.

- There is a second cap of 1650 conquest points. You can only reach that cap by doing rated BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    And you might, might just get the attention of some very powerful people to start examining your in game activities.
    I'm not sure that would be an problem since I've always abided by the rules. That's why this post is here, because it's against the TOS on the official forums.

Aside from that, I'm completely shocked that I typoed the bold part.
    Last edited by Vees; 2012-11-01 at 10:02 PM.

Whilst I understand your frustration. I think moreso.. there shouldnt be a FORCED rbg component atall. not until they add in 5 man rbgs (if they do)

there are TONS of ways to get valor.. daily quests, heroics, crafting things?, or raiding. no silly cap limits based on which of those you enjoy the most. and decide to do.

I LOVE rbgs. but I was one of those who left my realm to avoid queues, and the people on FW are for lack of a better word.. stupid. and ive not bothered with rbg's due to that! i HATE the fact that im penalised for the preferred way I choose to do things.

there was NO issue with the old way.

if you wanted to rbg, you did so. no issue.
    if you wanted to arena, you did so. no issue.
    if you wanted to do random bgs to cap, you did so. (time consuming) but.. no issue.

there was no point in the change, It achieves literally nothing.

Deleted
    I Actually like how they did it now. First I also was like damn this is stupid, but as soon as you got an arena cap of 1650+ you can cap all your point with Arena.
    And if you are in to RBG you can raise the cap with RBG (this goes faster and gives a higher cap)

Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    I Actually like how they did it now. First I also was like damn this is stupid, but as soon as you got an arena cap of 1650+ you can cap all your point with Arena.
    And if you are in to RBG you can raise the cap with RBG (this goes faster and gives a higher cap)
    You could always raise your cap with RBG's. Prior to the change, I've never really done arenas though so my arena cap would never go higher than 1350. My complaint is that this affects the order you have to do the content and gives increased benefit for people who do RBG's late in the week.

In order for your plan to have any affect, you will need to do more then cancel your sub for a few days. This is a pre-pay game, so they already have your money. So in essence, you are giving them $$, then not logging in.... the only one that that is impacting is yourself. I and Im pretty sure the annual pass is up now. I feel you on the changes, but canceling your sub isnt gonna help your cause. You need to post the issue, and maybe a resolution. Or if you identified a easier way of capping conquest, then do that. If you cant, then adjust and get it a different way. Some guilds can do heriocs raids, mine cant, so canceling my sub and QQ'ing telling blizz to make my guild a raiding guild dosent make much sense. If they see a change that needs to be implemented, they are more than capable of doing that, and with the right amount of CONSTRUCTIVE feedback it may happen.