10+ Year Old Account

Archeology/Fishing Account Wide

Was leveling my alt Monk the other day and thought to myself I really wish they made Archeology/Fishing account wide. I thought about what were the pros and cons to this. I really cant think of to many negatives or why they would not do something like this for these kinds of professions. They do not really give any specific character buffs like the regular professions and the new loot from archeology is account-wide already so why not? What do you guys think of the idea, would you be for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fishing is "account wide" already, provided you get exalted with Nat Pagle.
    Archaeology now provides 1 skill up per dig, which isn't bad.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would just go all out and say all secondary professions be made account-wide. I'm not at some magic advantage if I can use bandages straight away, I think they have level restrictions anyways. Food certainly does, so realistically, it'd just make it easier overall.

Deleted
    As someone said fishing been made easier now with the +50 skill boa books you can get from nat pagle.
    Arch is beyond easy now that every dig skills you up to 600 so 6 guaranteed points per dig site.
    Cooking was made simple now you can just fish up golden carps and skill on them.
    First aid all be it faster due to heavy bandages giving multiple skill ups, is still a chore especially for new toons.
    But I can see both sides of the coin, one their not too hard now, but two why re level them all.

I'm sorry, but the Nat Pagle BoA books are really crappy advice.

It takes about 1800 succesfull casts to get from 0 to 600 in fishing. It takes about 7600 casts to get exalted with Nat, and then you need to spend a fortune on books (well, for some, not me, I'm rich). So, unless you wish to fish a lot so you dont need to fish a lot to get to 600 fishing... (....).. so, yes, I wouldnt recommend that.

That Archeology is not account bound is actually a good thing, as the chance is higher to win the Tol'Vir Pet and Mounts when you havent solved the Scarab Vanity Item and Boy Emporer ring. They might sound confusing, believe me, its true.
    Last edited by Nohara; 2012-11-02 at 06:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    I'm sorry, but the Nat Pagle BoA books are really crappy advice.

It takes about 1800 succesfull casts to get from 0 to 600 in fishing. It takes about 7600 casts to get exalted with Nat, and then you need to spend a fortune on books (well, for some, not me, I'm rich). So, unless you wish to fish a lot so you dont need to fish a lot to get to 600 fishing... (....).. so, yes, I wouldnt recommend that.

That Archeology is not account bound is actually a good thing, as the chance is higher to win the Tol'Vir Pet and Mounts when you havent solved the Scarab Vanity Item and Boy Emporer ring. They might sound confusing, believe me, its true.
    Meant anglers not nat pagle, and isn't crappy advice because its very easy to get exalted anglers, then buy the boa books that give alts 50 skill up, buy 12 books and voila your alt has 600 fishing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Meant anglers not nat pagle, and isn't crappy advice because its very easy to get exalted anglers, then buy the boa books that give alts 50 skill up, buy 12 books and voila your alt has 600 fishing.
    Funnily you were right the first time: You need exalted with Nat Pagle (and not the Anglers) to buy the books. The reputation requirement is with Nat.

Deleted
    Oh sod that thought it was anglers... I'd rather level fishing the normal way

But you don't NEED the secondary professions on more than one character, cooked items can be mailed to alts (and used by them) freely, many classes can self-heal better than first aid ever will help with (It's also the easiest secondary profession to level, really), farming fish on one character is as efficient as rotating through fishing alts for... whatever reason somebody would do that for, and Archaeology is purely vanity stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes I would like that. Even though I´m planning on leveling cooking/archaeology on every character, it'd be so much better if every secondary profession becomes account wide.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)