Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is Blizz making it actually more hard to make money?

Okay I am old school when it comes to making money in WoW. I generally use my hunter to farm ore and herbs and then sell in ah, plain and simple. My question is that do you think Blizz has gone overboard with how many herb/nodes they have in the real world. My first day with just a land mount I coldn't even count how much ore and herbs I got basically running around two zones. Sure I made good money but now prices are just falling fast. Also with guild perk of gettin extra resources just adds to problem.

Also a little off-topic I see when you run random dungeons you get only 11g for completion, down five from 16g I believe. Plus mobs don't drop crap these days and actually less trash mobs in dungeons I have run. FYI, since I dont get to play that much I have yet to reach 90 on any of my toons.

well the spawning of nodes is now based on how many people are in a zone, so thats why it seems like so much at the beginning of an expansion.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    well the spawning of nodes is now based on how many people are in a zone, so thats why it seems like so much at the beginning of an expansion.
    No I am not talking about spawn, I am talking about how many nodes there actualy are in 1 spot. I mean literally there are like 2 sometimes almost 3 nodes walking distance. Too many nodes.

Just curious, what do people think they need all this gold for? I've never once felt I didn't have enough when I have a couple thousand.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    No I am not talking about spawn, I am talking about how many nodes there actualy are in 1 spot. I mean literally there are like 2 sometimes almost 3 nodes walking distance. Too many nodes.
    same in other expansions, they just don't spawn as often close to each other, but in MoP when there are lots of people in a zone they are all spawning to compensate for the amount of people.

I've already noticed a difference in my mining spot that there is a lot less nodes because less people are in the zone where it is.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Just curious, what do people think they need all this gold for? I've never once felt I didn't have enough when I have a couple thousand.
    Mounts is certainly a big one. Grand Expedition Yak runs 108k iirc. Also the jewelcrating mounts are sure to be expensive. Auction house epics. Pets. Nothing that's essential to gameplay, but theres lots of things to blow gold on. Transmog pieces can get way up in price depending on server. All kinds of stuff.

Deleted
    Im having no problems making gold atm, tho Im not farming ores and herbs. However ores and herbs are @ silly prices on my realm

I thought it was going to be hard to get 100k for the yak, but right now I have about from nothing when this expansion started. I'm hoping it won't be too bad.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Deleted
    Mounts and the AH is a game in itself.

This happens every expansion. Mats are super expensive at the start, then they fall. Products are cost of mats, then go up as more people level and need them.

Also, saying you're "old school" about making gold doesn't excuse the fact that you're doing it wrong. Crafting professions are the only way to make gold without investing hours and hours a day farming.

I've made over 100k this expansion just spending an hour a day or less in front of the AH. Of course, I've spent about 200k gearing out for raids...

Protip: enchanting can print gold right now. Buy Sha Crystals right now (going ~300g ea right now on my server) and either break em down or sell them once people unlock the Shado-Pan enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    This happens every expansion. Mats are super expensive at the start, then they fall. Products are cost of mats, then go up as more people level and need them.

Also, saying you're "old school" about making gold doesn't excuse the fact that you're doing it wrong. Crafting professions are the only way to make gold without investing hours and hours a day farming.

I've made over 100k this expansion just spending an hour a day or less in front of the AH. Of course, I've spent about 200k gearing out for raids...

Protip: enchanting can print gold right now. Buy Sha Crystals right now (going ~300g ea right now on my server) and either break em down or sell them once people unlock the Shado-Pan enchants.
    waiting for enchants to come out is not printing gold right now
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    waiting for enchants to come out is not printing gold right now
    Breaking them into essences and selling at a 120% profit is. I have so many crystals that I can't sell the essences fast enough, so I'm saving additional crystals for when the price shoots up.

Well it's not exactly new that money from doing dailies and killing mobs is just ridiculously low. I still sometimes believe this is partially because they haven't truly realized yet that bots can farm mining nodes just as easy.

Deleted
    I dont think its anything to do with bots and has more to do with them wnating people to be active and to use their professions.

I'll tell you that I'm the one making money off people like you. You farm, undercut on AH to the point when I buy mats and nearly no price, craft few items and make fortune. 20k in last 2 days just from buying herbs :P
    ATM it looks like crafting profs are real money makers, while farming profs.. well are just a supply for those like me :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    I'll tell you that I'm the one making money off people like you. You farm, undercut on AH to the point when I buy mats and nearly no price, craft few items and make fortune. 20k in last 2 days just from buying herbs :P
    ATM it looks like crafting profs are real money makers, while farming profs.. well are just a supply for those like me :P
    Don't worry a good enough amount of those herbs you are buying are actually from someone with automated friends so...

10+ Year Old Account
    I have more money now than at any point during the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    I was never much of a rich person as I tend to help out friends/guildies all the time.. I just blew over 15k in the last couple of days to make sure all our raiders get a Darkmoon trinket this weekend. I only have like 13k now and closing in on Shado Pan exalted (and already hit Anglers) so I need 12k for both rep's mounts ;(.

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone with less than 100k, I feel poor. People all over the place are riding around on mounts that cost 50k-100k+. Mounts, not items that actually make a difference in the game, but mounts.

There are at least 4-5 huge gear upgrades I could buy right now if I only had, oh... I dunno, 150k?