Page 1 of 2
LastLast

JCs shafted again?

Why is it that Rare-quality gems give 160 primary stat or 320 secondary stat, but Serpent Eyes give 320 primary stat but only 480 secondary stat? Shouldn't the Serpent Eye give 640 secondary stat to follow the pattern of other MoP gems?

This hurts classes that depend more on secondary stats (like Mastery for Blood DKs) a lot and makes JC worse than BS for them. BS gives 640 extra Mastery, but JC only gives 320 extra Mastery. I thought all crafting professions should give equal stat bonuses like BS vs JC did in Cata before Epic gems came out in 4.3.

Deleted
    yes, but better to pick soemthing else if it maters that much. perhaps its a cock up or perhaps they dont care or perhaps they are just berfing it in repayment for it being the most overpowererd profession for many years?

To be in line with the rest of the professions you need a benefit of (roughly) 320 of your best stat. This is exactly what you get with jc. The benefit jc has over several others (tailoring, alchemy, engineering, enchanting, inscription) is that you get to pick a secondary stat if it is currently your best one.

You also get the freedom to regem to primary stats as you reach haste plateuas, hit and expertise caps, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbeefy View Post
    To be in line with the rest of the professions you need a benefit of (roughly) 320 of your best stat. This is exactly what you get with jc. The benefit jc has over several others (tailoring, alchemy, engineering, enchanting, inscription) is that you get to pick a secondary stat if it is currently your best one.

You also get the freedom to regem to primary stats as you reach haste plateuas, hit and expertise caps, etc.
    But best stats arn't necessarily Primary Stats now. As a Ret, once I hit HC gear I'll want Haste over Str. Secondary stats only benefit half of what they should atm for JC, which is why JC is shafted for many specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    JC isn't shafted, it's in line with most professions. The "problem" is that blacksmithing and engineering is better than the other professions.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

The last thing JCers are, is shafted, tbh. First alt I leveled was my JCer just to make tons and tons and tons of money. No other profession has that.

And the dps increase is on par with other proffs - how do you mean shafted "again", when for a long time JC> all in terms of profession bonus anyway?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    The last thing JCers are, is shafted, tbh. First alt I leveled was my JCer just to make tons and tons and tons of money. No other profession has that.

And the dps increase is on par with other proffs - how do you mean shafted "again", when for a long time JC> all in terms of profession bonus anyway?
    He means they got unfairly nerfed when epic gems came along in cata as they were never upgraded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post

JC was shafted when epic gems came out last expansion and will most likely be shafted again.

BS is OP bonus wise. Most professions do not give a secondary stat bonus at all though.

I do wish JC got a pvp Serpent's Eye.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    JC isn't shafted, it's in line with most professions. The "problem" is that blacksmithing and engineering is better than the other professions.

Tailor as well I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    engis have a lot more trouble making money with their profession then jcs do. and the tinker is a lot more tricky to use to get the most out of compared to the static stat bonuses.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Why is it that Rare-quality gems give 160 primary stat or 320 secondary stat, but Serpent Eyes give 320 primary stat but only 480 secondary stat? Shouldn't the Serpent Eye give 640 secondary stat to follow the pattern of other MoP gems?

This hurts classes that depend more on secondary stats (like Mastery for Blood DKs) a lot and makes JC worse than BS for them. BS gives 640 extra Mastery, but JC only gives 320 extra Mastery. I thought all crafting professions should give equal stat bonuses like BS vs JC did in Cata before Epic gems came out in 4.3.
    Say they make secondary stat gems 640. Grats, you just made BS give even more stats when mixed with JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Say they make secondary stat gems 640. Grats, you just made BS give even more stats when mixed with JC.
    Not really. BS adds 320 primary or 640 secondary regardless of your other professions.

I mean, yeah, if you had no socketed gear and no belt buckle (ie, nowhere but the BS sockets to put JC gems), two serpents' eyes are better than two normal gems, but in reality you have more sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    JC was shafted when epic gems came out last expansion and will most likely be shafted again.

BS is OP bonus wise. Most professions do not give a secondary stat bonus at all though.

I do wish JC got a pvp Serpent's Eye.
    I see, that clarifies. Thanks.

I remember an exact compliant on this just a week ago... Is the search feature that hard to use these days?
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    I remember an exact compliant on this just a week ago... Is the search feature that hard to use these days?
    'Cause that's the first thing most people wanna do when they have a complaint. "Here, let me search the forums. Ah yes, there's somebody else with the same complaint I have, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I feel satisfied enough to not post since I now know someone before me already complained about it."

Deleted
    Where exactly is the secondary stats possibilities for tailors? For leatherworkers? For...?
    Basically you're 2nd in terms of versatility (roughly same as alchemy or something?), and complaining about the #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Where exactly is the secondary stats possibilities for tailors? For leatherworkers? For...?
    Basically you're 2nd in terms of versatility (roughly same as alchemy or something?), and complaining about the #1.
    Leatherworking is so ridiculously good for tanks though. Compare the fur lining with the tanking enchant, its huge.

Deleted

Its something to QQ about indeed
    Though I got Alchemy and Enchanting, and I got no secondary stats at all :S

I don't expect to get double secondary stats, but it would be nice to have hybrid Serpent's Eye gems. Right now a lot of classes are avoiding gemming for pure Str/Agi/Int gems, but for 2 sockets JC's basically have "no choice" but to do so. If, for example, I could use a hybrid Int/Crit gem and attach the profession bonus to that it would be perfect.

10+ Year Old Account

Hate to tell you, you have it backwards... no other profession CAN boost 2ndary states, (haste, mastery, crit, expertise, spirit, dodge, parry) all the other professions get PRIMARY stat boosts.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 07:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    But best stats arn't necessarily Primary Stats now. As a Ret, once I hit HC gear I'll want Haste over Str. Secondary stats only benefit half of what they should atm for JC, which is why JC is shafted for many specs.
    actually, you STILL will be better than any other profession..

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.