15+ Year Old Account
    my list hardest to easiest:

H spirit kings
    H Will
    H garajal
    H elegon
    N amber shaper
    N empress
    N Garalon (I've only done this pre nerf when the enrage was at like 6mins)
    H feng
    N elegon
    H Stone guard
    N Imperial Vizier Zor'lok
    N Blade Lord Ta'yak (only ranked this so high because i think we had more gear then was required for this instance making the boss a complete joke and probably the easiest boss when having an equivalent ilvl to the instance)
    N Garajal
    N will
    N feng
    N spirit kings

I don't understand how Normal Imperial Vizier Zor'lok isn't hands down the easiest boss ever. My ten man (3/6H) never played the beta, had two people die from the first set of rings on the first platform (1 dps and our 3rd healer), rezzed the healer who died immediately at the start of the 40% burn phase... and we one shotted it. 4 dps and 2 and a half healers with zero experience as a raid. The boss was the biggest joke I've ever seen.

Even as easy as N Feng and Spirit Kings were.... still didn't one shot them with 8 and a half people.

Spirit Kings was a bit harder depending on the order you got the boss. Obviously the nerf to the enrage timer made the fight a lot easier. Then again it's hard to say because our gear sucked that week, so we 2 tanked 3 healed it.. now we 1 tank 2 heal it..

From my experience, Imperial Vizier is easier than Elegon.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrberry View Post
    I don't understand how Normal Imperial Vizier Zor'lok isn't hands down the easiest boss ever. My ten man (3/6H) never played the beta, had two people die from the first set of rings on the first platform (1 dps and our 3rd healer), rezzed the healer who died immediately at the start of the 40% burn phase... and we one shotted it. 4 dps and 2 and a half healers with zero experience as a raid. The boss was the biggest joke I've ever seen.

Even as easy as N Feng and Spirit Kings were.... still didn't one shot them with 8 and a half people.

My guild which is 4/6H Mogu, 6/6 HoF had a couple wipes to Imperial Vizier because Force and Verve was doing too much damage for us to heal through unless we had raid CDs, personal CDs, or healthstones available. Each tick of damage was doing about 115k outside one of the bubbles and 70k per tick if you were in one. Once we started rotating CDs we were fine... but the damage from that ability, and the indirect dps requirement to down the boss before you run out of CDs to use on it, seemed to qualify this boss as a little more than a complete pushover.

There's actually a normal mode 6/6 guild on our realm that spent 2 days and a total of 34 wipes trying to down this boss and they weren't able to. So I would completely disagree with any notion of this boss being the easiest boss ever, or even saying he's easier than Elegon. Although the survey results seem to disagree with me about the Elegon bit.
    Last edited by apinksquash; 2012-11-02 at 10:24 PM.
    Life is good.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with apinksquash, I managed to down Imperial Vizier Zor'lok just now with a PuG and I can tell you it wasn't easy. I know what you're thinking, a PuG? trololo but no, most of this PuG (about 5 of us) did 6/6 msv normal together (not amazing i know, but considering we had 4 down in first week I think was pretty good going for a PuG)

We had to coordinate healer CD's, who would take MC targets, who would go in each shield ect, in the end it was the DPS that failed us, and once we replaced 2 of them we downed it on the 2nd try (had numerous wipes before hand due to people not avoiding discs....aswell as getting to P2 and wiping on 3rd shield) So once we changed them, it seemed alot simpler, but we all knew what to do by then anwyay.

I enjoyed it, by far the most fun and challenging boss I've had so far im MoP (I'm not a Heroic raider, yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Purrberry View Post

The vast majority of the fight is a walkover, but Force and Verve hits like a truck and requires coordinated raid and personal cooldowns along with sufficient dps to ensure you don't get too many Force and Verve. Force and Verve alone qualifies the fight as difficult. Going into that fight slightly undergeared the healing requirements for that phase seemed pretty overwhelming at first.

Deleted
    H spirit kings
    H Will
    H garajal (in first week of hc progress, now we rape him. imo without gear enrage timer was pretty low but in whole fight there is nothing hard)
    N amber shaper
    H Stone Guard
    N empress
    N Garalon (pre nerf)
    H feng
    N Elegon
    H Elegon (easier than normal version imo, lol idd)
    N Imperial Vizier Zor'lok / N Blade Lord Ta'yak / all normal MSV bosses except elegon

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    The vast majority of the fight is a walkover, but Force and Verve hits like a truck and requires coordinated raid and personal cooldowns along with sufficient dps to ensure you don't get too many Force and Verve. Force and Verve alone qualifies the fight as difficult. Going into that fight slightly undergeared the healing requirements for that phase seemed pretty overwhelming at first.
    I'll have to agree with that. We started out 2-healing it with duid/paladin, but ended up having me heal (shaman) because we wanted the healing CDs (Spirit Link, Healing Tide and Ascendance). The damage is pretty huge, and in p3, you end up out of cooldowns and a force and verve + MC on the healer that's supposed to use a CD could cause some problems.

Much harder than Blade Lord Tayak IMO, that fight is just a gear-check for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Can we get a sticky for this? It's really cool!

H Spirit Kings (most difficult by a mile)
    H Garajal (tight DPS/healing check)
    N Amber Shaper Unsok (every raid member learning to drive the construct takes a while)
    H Will of the Emperor (a bit comp dependent)
    H Stone Guard (some combinations can be quite challenging)
    H Elegon (not that much different than the normal version)
    H Feng the Accursed (by far the easiest hard mode in MSV)
    N Wind Lord Mel'jarak (lots of CCing, interrupting and dispelling)
    N Empress (challenging for healers)
    N Garalon
    N Imperial Vizier Zor'lok (Force and Verve is the only difficult part)
    N Blade Lord Ta'yak
    N Elegon (gear check)
    N Will of the Emperor (very easy if you don't over think the fight and try to get fancy with CC)
    N Stone Guard (bad tanks can easily wipe the raid)
    N Garajal (not much going on mechanics wise)
    N Feng the Accursed (very easy with competent tanks)
    N Spirit Kings (you could probably 5 man this)
    Last edited by samiam30; 2012-11-05 at 09:25 AM.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    These lists are quite interesting.

I agree with most of em but... Somehow Normal Will of the Emperor is harder than Normal Elegon for our 25man. We have the DPS to kill Elegon quite painlessly but we dont have the DPS to kill all the adds and still get some DPS going on the boss in a timely manner. Could be our total lack of any multidotters whatsoever, though :P On 10man WoE is smooth sailing, though. You can fall asleep during it and still kill it.

Deleted
    Interesting Thread, i would say from hardest to easiest:

H Spirit Kings
    H Will of the Emperor
    N Amber-Shaper Un'sok
    H Gara'jal (with enough gear it's probably the easiest HC Encounter, with bad gear one of the hardest)
    N Empress
    H Elegon
    N Garalon
    N Wind Lord Mel'jarak
    H Feng
    H Stone Guards
    N Vizier Zor'lok
    N Elegon
    N Blade Lord Ta'yak
    N Will of the Emperor
    N Garajal
    N Feng
    N Stone Guard
    N Spirit Kings

Deleted
    I would say from hardest to easiest:

H Spirit Kings ( hard, even if the second one is subetai)
    H Will
    H Garajal ( way easier if u got better gear)
    H Elegon ( almost the same as NHC, with even less damage in p1, but higher dps requirement)
    N Wind Lord Mel Jarak ( rain of blades is hitting really hard in p2)
    N Empress
    N Garalon ( if u understand how to dps correctly the enrage wont be a problem)
    N Amber Shaper ( if u understand how to handle construct he is freeloot)
    H Stone Guards ( depends on the combo, dont know how the chain nerf affected the difficulity)
    H Feng ( easiest HC in MGV by far)
    N Elegon (hardest NHC in MGV)
    N Vizier Zorlok ( Force and Verve hits hard)
    N Blade Lord
    N Will
    N Feng
    N Garajal
    N Stone Guards
    N Spirit Kings ( soon soloed by Mionelol )
    Last edited by mmoce41d7890ff; 2012-11-05 at 03:27 PM.

people ranking heroic will high likely did not see the fight, we killed it in 20 pulls, only heroic stone guards took less pulls. Garajal is harder for sure, and possibly Elegon.

Very nice list. Though I would give Zorlok a bit more Credit. He is incredibly easy mechanic-wise, but a serious gear check for pugs and anyone who hasn't cleared normal mgv. It might be attunements are not so bad after all, having all the pain I have seen this weekend.

Ta'yak is more of a gear check than Zor'lok imo. We are pretty casual 6/6N guild, and on the first day of HoF we killed Zor'lok in about 10 pulls. Ta'yak however has a nontrivial enrage timer, and it becomes much easier with more raid DPS (less intensify stacks).

Guilds with Heroic bosses down seem to rate Ta'yak below Zor'lok, and I assume that is because they vastly outgear the DPS required for Ta'yak.

To OP: I think the "required DPS" factor should somehow be mixed in for the difficulty rating. For example, if a guild is looking for the next boss to attempt, even if boss A was easier than boss B mechanics-wise, if boss A had a much steeper DPS requirements, attempting boss A may be out of the option.

Deleted
    No way Spirit Kings HC is harder than emperor HC.

Killed them both, had like 12 pulls on kings before looting and 40 pulls on emperor.

Empress needs to be way lower. 9 wipes and was pathetic easy. Once you get the adds down the fight is simple.

And for those who have not done it. Rotate stuns, snares, slow on adds. Tank cds. Kill a few small ones, form amber traps, trap big ones, then kill the rest small (keep a few up to make the traps).

I don't get it. Most people here say that H Gara'jal > H Elegon. So... since you can access both after defeating Wil of the Emperor on normal mode, why do I see that at wowprogress:

H: Gara'jal the Spiritbinder: 1046 (3.92%)
    H: Elegon: 491 (1.84%)

From what you all tell me, the number of Elegon kills on heroic must be supreme to those of Gara'jal.