320 mastery gems over 80int n 160mastery for Demo

I was wondering for example, if I have almost 7k mastery and i gain 320mastery by switch 2 gems out n lose 160 int is it a dps gain?
    I would simcrft my toon but currently simcraft isn't working right.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be a dps loss for my toon and also for a BiS equipped character ( BiS link ). For demonology that is. When specced into affliction, mastery pulls ahead of int when you have good gear. I don't think for demo int falls ever behind any secondary stat, no matter what gear level.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Wow i never noticed how much int scales with demo comapred to mastery until i saw that sim:] ty^-^

Deleted
    im assuming you mean for yellow sockets? if so then anything with int will always be better, infact i dont believe that there will ever come a point where pure secondary stat gem will overtake a gem with int on it for demo, i think its only for afflic that a pure mastery gem is better than an int/mastery gem.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    yea int scales so welll becuz of ur mastery increasing the damage of pretty much eveything for demo
    and also u have tons of different damage sources other than just urself like for affliction

You should always simcraft your char to get the stat weights and then gem accordingly. At 375 ilvl im still seeing int > 2xmastery.

Yah iknow but simcraft isnt workin for my lock atm. When i open simcraft up, it gives me a error msg about my cape.

I hope you realize we can't tell you when you have gear enough to switch from Int gems to pure Haste/Mastery gems. If you do this I have no idea what the meaning of this thread is. You want help to find out? Then link your freaking armory already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightrianna View Post
    Yah iknow but simcraft isnt workin for my lock atm. When i open simcraft up, it gives me a error msg about my cape.
    Get a newer version, I had same issue with the goblin glider engineering thing...think that was verson 505 release 2 i think.

I think 505 release 3 has issues with plotting reforges.

http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/downloads/list

10+ Year Old Account
    I've still yet to see a profile that suggests Mastery would be the go-to stat for Demonology over Crit, or up to a certain point, Haste. I honestly don't know why people are still banging on about stacking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I've still yet to see a profile that suggests Mastery would be the go-to stat for Demonology over Crit, or up to a certain point, Haste. I honestly don't know why people are still banging on about stacking it.
    You didn't know? We're still in Firelands.

This. Crit is huge for Demonology and I wish people would learn this. There are plenty of resources out there to know this.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Demonology+Warlock+Stat+Weights
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Demonology+Warlock+Gems

Not trying to be smart, just sotra making a point. There are plenty of resources. Which MMO-Champion is great, a lot of times it's hard to decipher the BS from the real stuff. There are a lot of people on here that provide inaccurate information.

I refer to Mr. Robot, Noxxic, Icy Veins and MMO-Champion. If all three of them agree on a stat weight or BIS gem, then I don't question it any further.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Femto1 View Post
    This. Crit is huge for Demonology and I wish people would learn this. There are plenty of resources out there to know this.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Demonology+Warlock+Stat+Weights
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Demonology+Warlock+Gems

Not trying to be smart, just sotra making a point. There are plenty of resources. Which MMO-Champion is great, a lot of times it's hard to decipher the BS from the real stuff. There are a lot of people on here that provide inaccurate information.

I refer to Mr. Robot, Noxxic, Icy Veins and MMO-Champion. If all three of them agree on a stat weight or BIS gem, then I don't question it any further.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Simulationcraft#

1)No stat weights you find on the net will ever be accurate for you (except if you perfecly fit the profile).

2)Even if you get your personal weights, they need to be considered really carefully. Yes, simcraft is a very useful tool, but never forget that it only simulates one situation at a time, which is (if you don't play around with the settings) never going to happen.

How much will I need to move ?
    Will I always be in range ?
    How many targets will there be ?
    Should I dot them ?
    Will my dots fade ?

And many more questions that, by default, are not considered in simcraft and should be considered for your stat weights.

ps : I pondered whether I should post this or not because this felt quite smartassy, but then I realized I didn't really care, enjoy !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    It would be a dps loss for my toon and also for a BiS equipped character ( BiS link ). For demonology that is. When specced into affliction, mastery pulls ahead of int when you have good gear. I don't think for demo int falls ever behind any secondary stat, no matter what gear level.
    Mastery doesn't pull ahead of int. But the value of 160 mastery vs 80 int is greater. Say you have a veiled amyhyst and a sensei's wild jade. If int is valued at 3 dps per point, and mastery is 1.7 per point, the mastery gem is going to have more value since there is twice as much mastery as there is int.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Here's why people are still a bit confused as per the Demo guide on this website:

As a general rule of thumb, you should consider stats in the following order of importance:
    Intellect --> Spell Power --> Hit (Up to 15%) --> Haste --> Crit --> Mastery.

Intellect will almost always be the deciding factor in your upgrades. Hit is almost as good as Intellect, and almost twice as good as your other secondary stats, so focus on getting as close to the hit cap as possible. Haste is generally superior to crit at all stages of your gear unless you have very low Crit and very high Haste.

Now granted, we should sim ourselves, yadda yadda but when you get noxxic saying stack crit, mmochamp saying go haste, and icy veins saying all stats are about equal..well you get the idea.

Personally, I've simmed myself til I'm blue in the face and my stats are soooo close together that my dps changes are minimal when I go haste or mastery (not done crit yet though I will when I get home).

By the way, it's a pain in the ass to reforge everything from haste to mastery and also gem everything up correctly. Been reading about reforgelite so will give that a shot though I remember ages ago it seemed a bit wonky.

So is it 'official' then? Stack crit? Naah...isn't it still sim yourself and go that way? Which gets me back to the original point: Jess suggested it should be crit...but if simc says it's not isn't that reason to still 'bang' about it? By the way, not calling you out Jessicka...just interested

Heard Moonwell Chalice was Bis still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaztom View Post
    So is it 'official' then? Stack crit? Naah...isn't it still sim yourself and go that way? Which gets me back to the original point: Jess suggested it should be crit...but if simc says it's not isn't that reason to still 'bang' about it? By the way, not calling you out Jessicka...just interested
    I said 'past a point'. That point though seems to be rather variable, or is maybe 'points'... Last version of Simcraft and subjective testing put it at, or around the rather easy to reach 4717 Corruption tick; latest version seems to be throwing me out Haste all the way.

That subjective testing though where I was finding more Haste detrimental; it was causing Shadowflame to be 'too short' to nicely fit around fillers as well as just generally causing all kinds of other cooldown alignment issues, which to be fair is probably something just to get used to after being sat at a specific Haste point for so long and so all timings being so consistent previously.