Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Beastmastery Opening Rotation Video

http://www.twitch.tv/arktem_wow/b/337722411

Nothing crazy. Just a simple video explaining how to open as a BM Hunter. If people really want a detailed guide on it I will definitely put more effort into it, but this was spur of the moment.

Let me know your thoughts/opinions.

EDIT: I know the beginning has a bit of sound issues, but it's fixed once I actually start talking about Hunters.
    Last edited by Arktem; 2012-11-01 at 10:57 PM.

I actually like to open a bit differently and I believe I obtain a bit higher burst by popping my initial cooldowns a bit sooner. I do arcane shot while running in > all cds (bw/rf/racial/trinkets) > kc > lynx rush > stampede > dire beast > glaive toss > arcane shot > kc > readiness > kc > dire beast > glaive toss > arcane shot > bw > lynx rush > kc > serpent sting > normal rotation and rf when the first falls off.

Quote Originally Posted by Truefire View Post
    I actually like to open a bit differently and I believe I obtain a bit higher burst by popping my initial cooldowns a bit sooner. I do arcane shot while running in > all cds (bw/rf/racial/trinkets) > kc > lynx rush > stampede > dire beast > glaive toss > arcane shot > kc > readiness > kc > dire beast > glaive toss > arcane shot > bw > lynx rush > kc > serpent sting > normal rotation and rf when the first falls off.
    The problem with that opener is that while your burst is higher, you have a much lower sustained overall. With your rotation you're basically just wasting your entire first BW on cooldowns, DB/Stampede specifically. Your opener is similar to how things were in Cata, but with how things are now I believe it's far from ideal

ty for the video taught me a few neat things , will try it out in raid next time

is it possible to get a copy of that txt file so i can keep it as a quick glance sheet on my other screen ?

just rerolled as a hunter after 5 yrs of ret so im still learning so many new things every day about this class =D

10+ Year Old Account
    I was doing this, and found it better to have traps down, MD, pre-pot, (pulling now) Dire Beast, MoC, Stampede, then SrS, pop BW/RF and go through the priority and keep doing this. I found lynx Rush just wasn't doing it. I felt MoC hurt the focus but was worth it. Thoughts?

Thanks, I'll keep your things in mind, has helped me a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    ty for the video taught me a few neat things , will try it out in raid next time

is it possible to get a copy of that txt file so i can keep it as a quick glance sheet on my other screen ?

just rerolled as a hunter after 5 yrs of ret so im still learning so many new things every day about this class =D
    Let me clean it up a bit and I'll post it after raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerato View Post
    I was doing this, and found it better to have traps down, MD, pre-pot, (pulling now) Dire Beast, MoC, Stampede, then SrS, pop BW/RF and go through the priority and keep doing this. I found lynx Rush just wasn't doing it. I felt MoC hurt the focus but was worth it. Thoughts?
    Problem with your rotation is that you're not using MoC during BW, which is a lot of extra focus cost. I agree with you 100% on MoC, but LR was simply a filler. MoC can be swapped in for that spot just as easily. Although keep in mind next patch LR is going to be beating MoC by a large margin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, since I pop BW/RF right after MoC and Dire Beast is up my focus regen is crazy, so I never notice it. I think I -just- almost focus cap with BW/RF ends. and by BW/RF and I BOTH together.

Been doing pretty much the same thing except after readiness, you use an Arcane Shot where I use my Dire Beast.
    **Edit : Also at 11 sec I have KC macro'ed to Readiness so I do it 1 sec faster.
    Last edited by Druzark; 2012-11-02 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arktem View Post
    The problem with that opener is that while your burst is higher, you have a much lower sustained overall. With your rotation you're basically just wasting your entire first BW on cooldowns, DB/Stampede specifically. Your opener is similar to how things were in Cata, but with how things are now I believe it's far from ideal
    You're missing the fact that I'm also not losing out on trinket procs being stacked with my other cooldowns while you are. In those 2 gcds, I would be doing 2 arcane shots which could potentially give me some cobra strikes and that's it. If I delay as much as you do, I lose out on lining up huge damage cooldowns with 2 agi trinket procs that are worth much more dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Include a demonstration next time showing some numbers, maybe? Instead of you flying around clicking on target dummies. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Truefire View Post
    You're missing the fact that I'm also not losing out on trinket procs being stacked with my other cooldowns while you are. In those 2 gcds, I would be doing 2 arcane shots which could potentially give me some cobra strikes and that's it. If I delay as much as you do, I lose out on lining up huge damage cooldowns with 2 agi trinket procs that are worth much more dps.
    How am I missing out exactly? I am getting full duration of my trinkets while, taking RNG into account, the chances of you having both of your trinkets up immediately at the start of the fight is very very low. If you really check your WoL, overall, I think you would find the same to be true of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Arktem View Post
    How am I missing out exactly? I am getting full duration of my trinkets while, taking RNG into account, the chances of you having both of your trinkets up immediately at the start of the fight is very very low. If you really check your WoL, overall, I think you would find the same to be true of you.
    While the trinket proc not being up initially might be true for the darkmoon trinket at times, it is never true for the elegon trinket. The elegon trinket procs immediately or 1-2 seconds in every fight, at least according to my logs. With my current rotation, I am barely able to fit both of my bestial wraths into my pre pot + elegon trinket + skull banners/stormlash totems. Adding 5-6 seconds to that, as you do, would cause me to miss out on much more stacked cd damage. Also, you could optimize my own rotation a bit better and dire beast while running in initially and then you'd only be wasting one gcd on stampede during BW while not having to delay it 5-6 seconds and missing out on stacking it with trinket/pot/banners.

I am the great and wise Nestlequiks and I disengage for miles.
    http://www.twitch.tv/nl_quiks/c/1719730

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quiks View Post

LOL Quiks don't forget about Wendy!!

Quote Originally Posted by quiks View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/nl_quiks/c/1719730
    Mate, why don't you play D3 with Kripp and Krippi anymore? ..

Thanks for sharing this, definitely food for thought (and practicing).

Thanks for sharing. Setting up my BM spec at the moment in preparation for my raid tomorrow. I've been stubbornly sticking to Survival up until now but I feel like it's time I try BM out. Will be nice to have a video to check up on whenever I need a refresher.

Deleted
    Every one seems to be using a stampiedie/rapid fire macro.
    Is it just me or are they both on the GCD, and when i macro them both it pops just my stapedie. What am i doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirdiz View Post
    Every one seems to be using a stampiedie/rapid fire macro.
    Is it just me or are they both on the GCD, and when i macro them both it pops just my stapedie. What am i doing wrong?
    RF is not on the GCD, but you can't hit it if you're currently in a GCD. Make sure you're placing RF -before- Stampede. You've most likely got your macro set up like
    /cast Stampede
    /cast Rapid Fire

That won't work, gotta do it the other way around if you do want to macro them together.
    /cast Rapid Fire
    /cast Stampede