Poll: A fix to the daily grind options.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, Blizzard wants this system to work as a type of "gating" between the player and the first couple of epic items alongside the first raid. Eliminating that and distributing gear in a more hasty fashion is not a solution. And this comes from a raider with crappy trinkets and a Hallow's End ring, who's sick to death of dailies.

IMO, they should let all the things a player can do give elder tokens, rep, etc. As long as you play a lot, you get a lot.

Scenarios and heroics should give elder tokens and rep, so should dailies, a player should be able to play as he wishes, there should be no clear winner, only achievement lovers should want to do everything.

Although i do like what they did with heroics, the first heroic you do gives you more than the subsequent ones, perhaps they could do something like that for dailies too?

At any rate, i cant whine about having more to do in the game compared to org afk cataland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    So far, this is the only real issue I see. No matter what you do you'll find yourself getting Valor. But you can't spend them unless you devote a lot of time in dailies. We'll see what the Valor upgrade system brings to the table.

Blizzard has made it clear that they dislike the system where players could endlessly farm dungeons for gear, while getting points, AND reputation. Having trouble finding that blue post however.
    I know they have I read the same post. At the same time however it's been like that for AWHILE now. They've had plenty of times to fix it and the idea that this whole double dipping thing is bad well I've got news for you guys. TBC had it as well. Everyone saying this expansion is like TBC doesn't really know what they are talking about. I'm not talking about you fyi but that seems to be a running theme here and it doesn't hold much weight.

Ultimately the valor upgrade system can't be as rewarding because they don't want it to be as rewarding. I don't understand why grinding out points for valor gear was such a bad thing but they do apparently. Well that being the case the upgrade system will be heavily neutered and simply can't be as rewarding because it would defeat the purpose of making boss drops the most rewarding thing in the game.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 02:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    In my opinion, Blizzard wants this system to work as a type of "gating" between the player and the first couple of epic items alongside the first raid. Eliminating that and distributing gear in a more hasty fashion is not a solution. And this comes from a raider with crappy trinkets and a Hallow's End ring, who's sick to death of dailies.
    They already half eliminated it though. The nerfed the requirements on some of it and to be honest the far worse gate is the 1000 valor a week. If one were really committed or actually enjoyed dailies they wouldn't have to worry about being behind in dailies because that wouldn't happen. You'd be done far in advance of getting enough points to buy gear.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    These are the spiritual brothers and sisters of the people who insisted that dungeons should be harder in cataclysm. We all know how that worked out.
    There's always two kinds of people bitching on forums about WoW, (A) Waaaaa it's too easy! and (B) Waaaaa it's too hard! When the release heroics for Cata came out (A) rejoiced and (B) whined. Meanwhile I had a blast occupying myself with long difficult heroics for a few weeks. After a while they decided to make the VP grind less torturous and they nerfed the heroics (about a month in? Don't remember), in addition to the fact that everyone had so much better gear that they were orders of magnitude less difficult anyway. Group (B) rejoiced and group (A) whined, meanwhile I was pretty happy since I'd had my fun with hard heroics and didn't fancy the time investment of trying to get through them with pugs to get my VP every week.

So if you ask me the "hard heroics" in Cataclysm were a great success both pre- and post-nerfs. Was a little disappointed in how stupidly easy the MoP heroics are in fact. I mean I know they didn't want to make them like Cata and the "hard heroic" experience was moved on to Challenge Modes (good idea IMO) but sheesh... I would've liked it to be at least possible to wipe once on my freshly dinged 90 when everyone in the queues was in blues and greens. Just for a week? Man imagine how faceroll they'll be a few tiers in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post

At any rate, i cant whine about having more to do in the game compared to org afk cataland.
    I can give you a list of dailies available to you in cataclysm if you like. You choose not to do them and that's fine but that was still a choice on your part.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I know they have I read the same post. At the same time however it's been like that for AWHILE now. They've had plenty of times to fix it and the idea that this whole double dipping thing is bad well I've got news for you guys. TBC had it as well. Everyone saying this expansion is like TBC doesn't really know what they are talking about. I'm not talking about you fyi but that seems to be a running theme here and it doesn't hold much weight.

Ultimately the valor upgrade system can't be as rewarding because they don't want it to be as rewarding. I don't understand why grinding out points for valor gear was such a bad thing but they do apparently. Well that being the case the upgrade system will be heavily neutered and simply can't be as rewarding because it would defeat the purpose of making boss drops the most rewarding thing in the game.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 02:13 AM ----------

They already half eliminated it though. The nerfed the requirements on some of it and to be honest the far worse gate is the 1000 valor a week. If one were really committed or actually enjoyed dailies they wouldn't have to worry about being behind in dailies because that wouldn't happen. You'd be done far in advance of getting enough points to buy gear.
    If they didn't like the valor system they should have removed it with the release of MOP or just not used it at all.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    The fix to it is already coming - valor point upgrade system. They just need to give an alternative way for you to spend your valor. With that change, it is perfectly fine to have gear attached to rep as that will be your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    There's always two kinds of people bitching on forums about WoW, (A) Waaaaa it's too easy! and (B) Waaaaa it's too hard! When the release heroics for Cata came out (A) rejoiced and (B) whined. Meanwhile I had a blast occupying myself with long difficult heroics for a few weeks. After a while they decided to make the VP grind less torturous and they nerfed the heroics (about a month in? Don't remember), in addition to the fact that everyone had so much better gear that they were orders of magnitude less difficult anyway. Group (B) rejoiced and group (A) whined, meanwhile I was pretty happy since I'd had my fun with hard heroics and didn't fancy the time investment of trying to get through them with pugs to get my VP every week.

So if you ask me the "hard heroics" in Cataclysm were a great success both pre- and post-nerfs. Was a little disappointed in how stupidly easy the MoP heroics are in fact. I mean I know they didn't want to make them like Cata and the "hard heroic" experience was moved on to Challenge Modes (good idea IMO) but sheesh... I would've liked it to be at least possible to wipe once on my freshly dinged 90 when everyone in the queues was in blues and greens. Just for a week? Man imagine how faceroll they'll be a few tiers in.
    Dude I did to. I had a really good group of friends and we formed a stargate sg1 team and we cleared them out and got geared out. It was awesome. The biggest disappointment is that we really have no motivation to do that again because well were all done with heroic gear. I mean it's honestly sad and I hate to say it but I'm nostalgic for those days. Not that the dungeons were hard mind you but me and my friends were decent at the game.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    The fix to it is already coming - valor point upgrade system. They just need to give an alternative way for you to spend your valor. With that change, it is perfectly fine to have gear attached to rep as that will be your choice.
    But how long is that from now 2-3 more months away?. this is a problem that has been here since day one of MOP and they changed it once they need to go that extra step and just remove the rep req from valor gear.

Hell make it where once you unlock the daily's then u can buy the gear if need be.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

i think i will take a 4 week rep grind for a epic belt over 12 of clearing a raid once a week and never seeing it drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If they didn't like the valor system they should have removed it with the release of MOP or just not used it at all.
    Well they can't out right do that because it would be hard for people to catch up on raid tiers and rng sucks people would fall behind. theirs alot of reasons why they still want valor to be useful they just don't want it to be rewarding or give you a good feeling of reward. They hinted that they might not have had any valor gear at all on vendors and to be honest I kinda wish they had stuck with that. It seems more honest than putting on the daily vendors. People now are working under the assumption that even though dailies suck the valor gear will still be around and it's worthwhile to do when in reality it's probably not the case.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 02:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    As I said before I don't think that system is gonna give people the fix they're after. It can't or it's not designed for that. They want boss drops to be the ultimate reward again so spending valor on a point system like this will simply not be as good because then it would go against that whole boss drop philosophy. More over trading points for points just seems like such a hollow reward. Instead of getting a new shinie for your hard earned time in whatever activity you do, you just get the same bullshit you had with a new Ilvl. It was confirmed on twitter today I think that the valor point system will be in 5.1.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-02 at 02:22 AM.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    But how long is that from now 2-3 more months away?. this is a problem that has been here since day one of MOP and they changed it once they need to go that extra step and just remove the rep req from valor gear.

Hell make it where once you unlock the daily's then u can buy the gear if need be.
    We don't know for sure but I'm expecting it next month.

Well they can't out right do that because it would be hard for people to catch up on raid tiers and rng sucks people would fall behind. theirs alot of reasons why they still want valor to be useful they just don't want it to be rewarding or give you a good feeling of reward. They hinted that they might not have had any valor gear at all on vendors and to be honest I kinda wish they had stuck with that. It seems more honest than putting on the daily vendors. People now are working under the assumption that even though dailies suck the valor gear will still be around and it's worthwhile to do when in reality it's probably not the case.
    True and that go's back to feeling like daily's are a must.

Blizzard dose not want people standing in org hitting the Q button what do they think will happen once this tier is over with and the new one is here.
    people will be standing org/sw Qing dungeons/raids and that is it unless they release another daily quest hub.
    With so many people burnt out on daily's now there will be less people doing them later. at lease thats what i think will happen.

also dose that mean each tier from this point on we are going to get a daily quest hub and it gets called content?

10+ Year Old Account
    True and that go's back to feeling like daily's are a must.

Blizzard dose not want people standing in org hitting the Q button what do they think will happen once this tier is over with and the new one is here.
    people will be standing org/sw Qing dungeons/raids and that is it unless they release another daily quest hub.
    With so many people burnt out on daily's now there will be less people doing them later. at lease thats what i think will happen.

also dose that mean each tier from this point on we are going to get a daily quest hub and it gets called content?
    That's exactly what they're doing. 5.1 has more dailies and another rep faction to grind. The plan is to have alternating raid tiers and daily quest/rep tiers. So 5.2 should be a raid tier and then 5.3 shuold be a daily rep faction tier and so on and so on. I'm not sure if theirs valor gear in 5.1 though.
    The hammer comes down:

That's exactly what they're doing. 5.1 has more dailies and another rep faction to grind. The plan is to have alternating raid tiers and daily quest/rep tiers. So 5.2 should be a raid tier and then 5.3 shuold be a daily rep faction tier and so on and so on. I'm not sure if theirs valor gear in 5.1 though.
    Blizzard asked a question awhile back saying would you rather they work on content that will last months or content that will last weeks. they picked months and that is why we did not get a true world event.....

So my question is why did they go back on this choice with daily quest hubs they only last's weeks........

Hell the firelands daily quest hub made me quit at that time so i never even got to do firelands cause i felt if i had to do 1 more daily i was going to go insane.

I would rather blizzard work on fun raids/dungeons/events ect to do not daily quest hubs. i think the brawlers club *whatever there calling it* is going to be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Shady Dealer:

"The Shady Dealer, found in Orgrimmar or Stormwind, will allow you to purchase reputation locked Valor gear for 150% of the regular cost. Hey, even a shady dealer must feed his children. With valor."
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The solution, to my mind, is simple. Reputation should come from three sources:

- Dailies
    - Repeatable Turn-ins
    - Tabards

And the way to remove any advantage one has over the other is to introduce a weekly reputation cap, equaling the total sum of reputation that can be gained through all dailies in a seven day period.
    If they release tabards everything else becomes irrelevant because everyone will cap VP in dungeons while wearing tabards because they'd run those dungeons anyway. They want you out in the world doing stuff not sitting on a flying mount in Org waiting for dungeon queues to proc. Dailies are the way they're doing that, anything that means you don't have to do dailies defeats the purpose.

Removing the rep requirement from gear would still make dailies REALLY rewarding. Charms, valor, mounts, tabards, pets, profession recipes, gold. They'd still have more reward then they've ever had in the history of the game and you could still use them as a means to buy the valor gear.
    Mmm, maybe. But remember that with HoF out already, that valor gear is less and less important anyway. Last night I got to exalted with Golden Lotus and already had a better neck than the exalted end quest! And I haven't even gotten any HoF gear yet.

Shady Dealer:

"The Shady Dealer, found in Orgrimmar or Stormwind, will allow you to purchase reputation locked Valor gear for 150% of the regular cost. Hey, even a shady dealer must feed his children. With valor."
    I did not see that so items that are like 1250 valor are going to be 1750 valor.
    Don't take this as a person who just wants to bitch but i feel they are just switching one grind for another to gate content.

And that scare's me is it due to there will be a lack in content at some point or to give them time to make it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shady Dealer:

It's an idea. The real gate to valor gear isn't the reputation though it's the limit of valor. You could remove the rep requirement and dailies would still be rewarding and you wouldn't really get the gear any easier or quicker because well it's still only 1000 valor a week. I don't see why the cost has to be increased like that for buying it outside of the dailies or grinding the rep. Rep would still be really rewarding without the gear behind it. Would you stop doing dailies if they didn't have the gear? They still have gold, mounts, charms, tabards, titles, achievements, pets, valor, and profession recipes.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 02:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Mmm, maybe. But remember that with HoF out already, that valor gear is less and less important anyway. Last night I got to exalted with Golden Lotus and already had a better neck than the exalted end quest! And I haven't even gotten any HoF gear yet.
    That's just more of a reason to remove the rep requirement from the gear. Nobody is going to be doing it for the gear anyway (although paragons fury warrior is using the shoulders), their doing it for the other crap. Theirs no reason for it to have a rep requirement. The valor gear is important to people who like to have a path outside of the raid to progression though. Alot of that is what this stems from. They want a PVE path to progression outside of a raid that isn't dailies. They do their lfr and their sha but don't want to touch dailies. They can buy gear from the BMAH or crafted epics from the raids but those present a whole nother set of problems primarily the best way to make gold is to run.. dailies.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-02 at 02:34 AM.
    The hammer comes down:

That's just more of a reason to remove the rep requirement from the gear. Nobody is going to be doing it for the gear anyway (although paragons fury warrior is using the shoulders), their doing it for the other crap. Theirs no reason for it to have a rep requirement. The valor gear is important to people who like to have a path outside of the raid to progression though. Alot of that is what this stems from. They want a PVE path to progression outside of a raid that isn't dailies. They do their lfr and their sha but don't want to touch dailies. They can buy gear from the BMAH or crafted epics from the raids but those present a whole nother set of problems primarily the best way to make gold is to run.. dailies.
    They want to PVE but they don't want to raid OR quest? Well if you don't want to do either of the two major types of content in WoW I don't think you can really complain that your chosen playstyle doesn't yield the maximum rewards.

Basically you're saying that these people explicitly do not want to do anything other than log in and queue for dungeons? Well that's exactly the kind of behaviour that became prevalent in the WoW community and led to oh-so-goddamn-many threads complaining about it before MoP. People were saying to Blizzard "this is an MMO but nobody is out in the world???" so Blizzard made dailies so that you get rewarded for being out in the world so people would actually do it. Rewarded as in, more so than just sitting in Org queueing for dungeons.

They're not about to cater to people who are devoted to a style of gameplay they're deliberately trying to incentivise people away from. That would be counterproductive.