Deleted

Question 85-90 leveling

HI folks how is rogue leveling in mop, is there a big downside killing mobs lets say starting at 85-90. I'm rolling new character and would love to try rogue, but afraid downside as it already happend for one my chars it used ages to kill one mob starting at 88. Any info would appreciate, thanks in advance. I'm looking probably daggers spec.

Deleted
    The first couple of mobs will always be slightly problematic. You'll want to glyph into Deadly Momentum and spec into Leeching Poison. The poison will simply give you passive sustain, while the glyph will reset your Slice and Dice and Recuperate to their full durations every time you land a killing blow on any enemy. You start off by throwing up a full Slice on your first target, followed up with a full Recuperate on your second target, and it should be safe sailing from that point on.
    - Enemies should die rather quickly
    - Recuperate and Leeching Poison should sustain your through most 1v1 mob encounters

Pulling multiple mobs is a no-go, however. You simply won't survive it.

Deleted
    Thank you

Don't do it. IT'S A TRAP. Seriously, don't level one. Very difficult to gear one up for PvE, rotations and all specs are bland and boring, PvP is atrocious. Need I go on? Do yourself a favor and don't level one. Pretty sure I was only able to level one because of my 410 ilvl and orange daggers helped my damage so much. I still died quite a few times more than I thought I should. Multiple mobs... anything more than 2 without CDs was certain death.
    "Knock the world right off it's feet, and straight onto it's head."

http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Elargee/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam View Post
    Don't do it. IT'S A TRAP. Seriously, don't level one. Very difficult to gear one up for PvE, rotations and all specs are bland and boring, PvP is atrocious. Need I go on? Do yourself a favor and don't level one. Pretty sure I was only able to level one because of my 410 ilvl and orange daggers helped my damage so much. I still died quite a few times more than I thought I should. Multiple mobs... anything more than 2 without CDs was certain death.
    Ha I see, thanks for your concern.

Level as assassination and as someone else said use deadly momentum with 5pt recuperate and 4-5pt SnD. Multiple mobs is fine with evasion/shadow blades but don't try more than 2-3 and feel free to vanish and blind if you need.

Don't pay any attention to the people who say we are terrible, it's super easy to gear up and as soon as you get epic weapons we are very competitive. A few tips once you're max level: do dailies for golden lotus and klaxxi as often as you can, getting exalted gets you a ring and neck that are very good. Make sure you loot Sha after your first kill, he gives you a turn in quest for 476 boots. If you have money or LW getting someone to craft you gloves/chest. Don't pay more than 500-600 per spirit and buy the leather yourself. Make sure you pick up at least 90 lesser charms so you can turn in the quest for greater charms (3 per week) and use them on stone guard, sha and whichever boss drops the epic fist. Once you have epic weapons or both tier pieces decide where to use you coins based on which boss has the most upgrades.

If you do LFR every week you'll be 370+ within a couple weeks and up to speed very quickly. Even if you don't intend to pvp doing a random bg or two will get you enough conquest for a couple pvp pieces which are actually pretty good for pve. Some classes the pvp gear is better itemized so don't discount it, resilience no longer takes up itemization levels so the pieces can be and are viable...

Good luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Level as assassination and as someone else said use deadly momentum with 5pt recuperate and 4-5pt SnD. Multiple mobs is fine with evasion/shadow blades but don't try more than 2-3 and feel free to vanish and blind if you need.

Don't pay any attention to the people who say we are terrible, it's super easy to gear up and as soon as you get epic weapons we are very competitive. A few tips once you're max level: do dailies for golden lotus and klaxxi as often as you can, getting exalted gets you a ring and neck that are very good. Make sure you loot Sha after your first kill, he gives you a turn in quest for 476 boots. If you have money or LW getting someone to craft you gloves/chest. Don't pay more than 500-600 per spirit and buy the leather yourself. Make sure you pick up at least 90 lesser charms so you can turn in the quest for greater charms (3 per week) and use them on stone guard, sha and whichever boss drops the epic fist. Once you have epic weapons or both tier pieces decide where to use you coins based on which boss has the most upgrades.

If you do LFR every week you'll be 370+ within a couple weeks and up to speed very quickly. Even if you don't intend to pvp doing a random bg or two will get you enough conquest for a couple pvp pieces which are actually pretty good for pve. Some classes the pvp gear is better itemized so don't discount it, resilience no longer takes up itemization levels so the pieces can be and are viable...

Good luck!
    That's very well writen, thank you I'l give a shot for it

Deleted
    i lvled up as combat and always enjoyed pulling maybe 3 mobs at a time , with bladeflurry and killing spree they die handy enough I also did a lot of sapping and blinding to keep it fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Pulling multiple mobs is a no-go, however. You simply won't survive it.
    This is what will determine if you can handle playing a rogue or not. Walking up to 1 mob and pressing 1 skill, if you pull an extra mob by mistake prepare to spam your cool downs and panic.

1 mob at a time using 1 skill. So fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
    This is what will determine if you can handle playing a rogue or not. Walking up to 1 mob and pressing 1 skill, if you pull an extra mob by mistake prepare to spam your cool downs and panic.

1 mob at a time using 1 skill. So fun.
    I believe you misunderstood the intent. Sure, you can handle/CC/pop CD's for a 2nd or 3rd (maybe even a 4th or 5th if you like the edge) mob while leveling a rogue, but it's not like the warrior (Arms) that can mow through incoming mobs too fast for them to kill you, druid (boombear) that can tank 5-15 mobs at a time or heal through the damage while multi-dotting 3-5 if needed, monk (BM/WW) which can alternatively play as the bear above or the warrior above with reckless abandon, or the warlock that can drain tank half of everything and it's mother, and when that's not enough, fear/fear/heal/fear/AoE stun, multiple times. I can't speak to 85-90 as anything else.

I'm not saying rogues are broken, but when it comes to leveling in MoP, multiple mob rogue pulls just aren't either efficient or advisable. Chances of losing SnD/recup are giant compared to the dangers posed to other classes.

Slice and Recup never fall off. You have like 26 seconds of slice and 30 seconds of recuperate, and they both auto-refresh to max whenever you kill any mob.

Of course, if you don't take glyph of deadly momentum... but why wouldn't you level without that mandatory levelling glyph?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was referring to the damage loss of doing anything that would involve target swapping to CC or kite if you chose to pull 3+ mobs consistently while leveling. It's nothing resembling threatening at 90, but neither is pulling 3-5 mobs. I didn't say you WOULD lose SnD/recup, but that if you're pulling large groups it's a lot more likely that you'll lose your buffs than other classes are likely to lose something significant to their survival. Honestly I haven't come across any class that felt like anything but a cakewalk after leveling my rogue. My warlock died more... but that's primarily because I hadn't played it since T11 and realized step by step I didn't even have abilities on my bars that I was trying to use.

Everyone should level a rogue to learn how hard they are to play. Gives respect to those that play them well. If you pull too many be ready with vanish

Word of warning, stealthing is addictive, watch out you kill enough mobs for the XP

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammagia View Post
    Everyone should level a rogue to learn how hard they are to play. Gives respect to those that play them well. If you pull too many be ready with vanish

Word of warning, stealthing is addictive, watch out you kill enough mobs for the XP
    Amen, stealthing is addictive and if you don't pay attention, you'll end up in the next zone with S#!t for xp.

I honestly never had one bit trouble leveling my rogue (as combat), and if you properly apply your Recuperate, SnD and cd's, it won't be hard for you to pull 6-10 npc's each time (maybe more).

When s#!t starts to hit the fan, blind 1, strafe a bit, pop evasion, and continue to work down the mob. Still going down? CoS (if you have glyph for 30% damage reduction), killing spree w/ blade flurry and let the mobs continue to die down. Have a pot handy and never be afraid to fight to the last tooth and nail