View Poll Results: New faction?

Voters
244. This poll is closed
  • I would like a new Faction, and i like your idea about Old Horde.

20 8.20%
  • I would like a new Faction, but i dont like your idea.

52 21.31%
  • Your idea is great but cannot be implemented!

39 15.98%
  • I dont want a new faction.

133 54.51%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I want an oldgod faction! I wanna play as a mantid!

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Since when can ARTHAS MENETHIL consume souls? If that's canon it sucks. Frostmourne consumed souls and all souls it consumed were freed when it was shattered so if Ner'zhul's soul was in there it's also free.'

From http://www.wowpedia.org/Lich_King
    "Ner'zhul was delighted by this, declaring that he and Arthas were now free to merge into a single glorious being. Arthas rejected this offer, stating that once he had the power of the Lich King, no one would tell him what to do again. He impaled the stunned Ner'zhul with Frostmourne, becoming the dominant personality of the Lich King"

I rest my case.
    that was a dream sequence symbolizing that arthas had destroyed ner'zhul and consumed his soul and his knowledge into him becoming one person. blizzard has said alot of times that arthas was the only one left
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    your idea is good but sadly it cannot be implemented.

How do you join that faction? simply create a level 1 from the start and level up to level 95? Do you think people will be willing to level another toon? (paying real life money for faction transfer is not an option)

How would you do it? Quest to leave the horde and join the Old Horde? What about faction imbalance? In a server were there is 50% Alliance and 50% Horde if only Horde can do the quest to join the new Horde faction it will create problems has there would be 50% alliance 25% horde and 25% new horde (a more realistic view would be 50% Alliance 40% horde and 10% new horde but for the sake or argument lets assume half the horde players would join the new horde)

What would you do split races? Trollls, BE, Tauren to one side and Goblins, UD and Orcs to the new horde? That would created again imbalances since alliance would have more races and you would be braking guilds apart on the horde side.

Would it be awesome? yes it would, is it possible? not really unless both members of horde and alliance could join in. and even then it would be faction imbalance.

It is too late now imo it it happen in TBC it could be possible but now? I don't think people are willing to change their faction and losing all the friends that didnt want to change.

Whaaaaaaat if though instead of the OP's idea for a new faction the following is implemented:

Call it a "hero" faction and it can be a common enemy of both the horde and alliance (a.k.a the Burning Legion). Alliance battles with the Horde, Horde battles with Alliance, both battle with the Burning Legion.

Assuming that it's the next expansion, you would start any class from level 85 and have starting areas on the home planet of the Legion (Xavius?) that would lead you up to level 90 where you enter the setting of the new expansion (part invasion of Azeroth, part defending invasion from Azerothians).

Requirements of course would have to be strict in order to roll a class belonging to this "hero" faction.

For example in order to roll Class A you must have a character of Class A on another faction/server of at least level say 70 (subject to change ofcourse).

Main problem with this is how do you continue the story-line for the new faction AFTER said expansion. So if it's the Burning Legion as in my example, what happens to this faction after we defeat/postpone/wound Sargeras?

Perhaps they would have to change some areas so that for example the Legion starts slowly gaining some foothold in Azeroth and hence any NEW threat to Azeroth is relevant to the Legion as well??

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont see this happening but you are very creative. you should write your ideas down in a novel form.
    Hi

I really like the idea of a third faction, but not the idea to let it be the Old Horde. I'd rather have the third faction be the Scourge, Burning Legion, Old God or maybe entire new races that come to Azeroth.

For the Scourge, I could see those races:

- Skeleton
    - Cult of the Damned humans with some undead features
    - San'layn
    - Vrykul
    - Nerubian
    - Undead ice trolls

I don't really see why so many people are against a third faction, if it is done well it could provide you a shitload of content that'll keep you playing for atleast an extra 3 years. Balancing can be pretty easily solved. Lets say you are Horde, and you queue up for a battleground like Warsong Gulch, you get a 50% change to either fight the Alliance or the new third faction. The environment may have to change to suit the new third faction, but for the rest it can be easily balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, I know what you want to hear, but its not what your get.

Those of us who have had to put up with Garrosh's crap and what he's doing to the horde have had no choice but to suck it up and put up with his bullcrap all this time.

Well now its your turn, learn to suck it up and get use to the fact Garrosh will be put out of his misery and the horde will get to rebuild itself.

You don't like that, you dislike the characters and players who want for things to be better in the horde, well you have 2 choices, either get over it and learn to accept whats happening with Garrosh now as a bad thing, or just leave if you dislike the story so much.

Hell, I had to put up with all the Garrosh fanboys raving like children needing riddlin for the past few years, and yet I stuck with it. Now its your turn to feel that pinch.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    New faction.

Scourge.

Your king : Bolvar.

Nuff said.

Deleted
    Sorry but there will never be a third faction.

The biggest reason to not do it is that it will be almost impossible to populate.

Right now the game is old and new players are practically non existant, any new faction would have to be populated from the alliance and horde playerbase by rerolls which will not happen in great numbers as guilds are already established and people play with their friends.

The other alternative is to forcibly rip certain races off the existing factions to populate the new one, this will have the same issue applying and will cause immense qq. I can see many players doing a race/faction change to escape any forced faction swtich.

We also have to consider that any new faction cannot come from just horde as their faction is greatly outnumbered by the alliance already and a Horde split would literally make matters of population even worse.

Battlegrounds are also only designed for 2 factions not 3 and all would require a makeover, new capital cities, towns, quests and hubs would need to be added throughout the world to even implement a 3rd faction and it would be too much development time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Sorry but there will never be a third faction.

The biggest reason to not do it is that it will be almost impossible to populate.

Right now the game is old and new players are practically non existant, any new faction would have to be populated from the alliance and horde playerbase by rerolls which will not happen in great numbers as guilds are already established and people play with their friends.

The other alternative is to forcibly rip certain races off the existing factions to populate the new one, this will have the same issue applying and will cause immense qq. I can see many players doing a race/faction change to escape any forced faction swtich.

We also have to consider that any new faction cannot come from just horde as their faction is greatly outnumbered by the alliance already and a Horde split would literally make matters of population even worse.

Battlegrounds are also only designed for 2 factions not 3 and all would require a makeover, new capital cities, towns, quests and hubs would need to be added throughout the world to even implement a 3rd faction and it would be too much development time.
    You pretty much summed it all up.

- They would have to completely rework the leveling system again to accommodate a neutral faction, since the questing hubs are horde or alliance based, and they have said they do not intend to update the old world again after cataclysm.

- Battlegrounds would have to be reworked to accommodate this two, as its two sides fighting each other, always has been.

- If someone suggests taking races from one already existing factions, and making a new faction, this would cause guilds to break apart, friendships ruined because of being forced to, and so many other social breakdowns it would cause people to quit the game, seriously, why you ANYONE want to keep playing a game they forces you to accept such a retarded change at that, if you didn't care about the lore and just want to play with your mates.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I don't really see why so many people are against a third faction, if it is done well it could provide you a shitload of content that'll keep you playing for atleast an extra 3 years. Balancing can be pretty easily solved. Lets say you are Horde, and you queue up for a battleground like Warsong Gulch, you get a 50% change to either fight the Alliance or the new third faction. The environment may have to change to suit the new third faction, but for the rest it can be easily balanced.
    Because it would require a complete overhaul of the entire game. Your suggestion on how to implement in battlegrounds is way to simplified to be practical. Not to mention they would have to construct whole new areas for the third faction to control, a whole new 1-85 leveling experience for 4-6 races, new models for 4-6 races, and all that on top of a revamp that would make Cata look like a cakewalk.

It'd be easier to just start over than add another faction at this point.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

In what reality does Sylvanas actually like Garrosh and would actually follow him? >_>

And the Ogres would follow the goblins, not the Orcs.

Deleted
    A third faction would split the community even more than it is now, making finding groups for PvE and PvP even harder to find and dead realms would feel even more dead.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a good idea but a LOT of code would have to be rewritten so I don't see it happening in WoW, sadly.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I don't like the idea of players being restricted to even two factions. Raid finder and dungeon finder has been propping up the two faction system of limiting interaction between players. Also, the massive subscriber base has been a major part of it but I doubt there could be a third faction with wow's current system of not allowing grouping between opposite factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, this a terrible idea. Resources are better spent on improving the content for the more neglected races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    No.

/10char
    aah, a brony being an asshat.. how new?

don't see it happening, but anything to shake up the game would be awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    OP, I know what you want to hear, but its not what your get.

Those of us who have had to put up with Garrosh's crap and what he's doing to the horde have had no choice but to suck it up and put up with his bullcrap all this time.

Well now its your turn, learn to suck it up and get use to the fact Garrosh will be put out of his misery and the horde will get to rebuild itself.

You don't like that, you dislike the characters and players who want for things to be better in the horde, well you have 2 choices, either get over it and learn to accept whats happening with Garrosh now as a bad thing, or just leave if you dislike the story so much.

Hell, I had to put up with all the Garrosh fanboys raving like children needing riddlin for the past few years, and yet I stuck with it. Now its your turn to feel that pinch.
    Yeah the difference is i can destroy most Garrosh haters in a mano a mano fight or arena!
    Thats what im saying i see them as alliance in my eyes!
    Traitors!

3 Factions would be awsome

Quote Originally Posted by keksplace View Post
    So suddently we have undead, orcs, amani trolls, ogres. More racesa coudl join as Blizzard is inventive.
    I for one would reroll immediately, and we would destroy Horde Alliance and Burning Legion.
    Erm, you do realize that the Undead (in other words the Forsaken who are the playable faction in WoW) hate Garrosh as well? If Garrosh were to create a faction of his own, he'd rather have Gnomes in it than Undeads (and he wouldn't have Gnomes...). He also dislikes Trolls. So I don't see a Troll faction joining him.

So no, if this were to happen, neither Trolls nor Undeads will be joining him. It would mostly be made up of Orcs and maybe Ogres.

Thanks for this awesome signature tazsar!