Help overclocking the 7970 ghz edition

Anyone know how to help me with this, perfer to get my max without having to mess with voltages. Should I just use the boost or can I go a little higher than it and not worry about over doing it?
    Last edited by Seiz; 2012-11-02 at 04:52 AM.

MSI Afterburner and dial up the clocks to 1125/1575 then adjust voltage accordingly (if you want to be safe keep it 1.25v max which is the GE boost voltage). You would have to be pretty unlucky to find a HD7970 that can't hit those clocks at 1.25v.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    MSI Afterburner and dial up the clocks to 1125/1575 then adjust voltage accordingly (if you want to be safe keep it 1.25v max which is the GE boost voltage). You would have to be pretty unlucky to find a HD7970 that can't hit those clocks at 1.25v.
    Exactly,
    Only thing I would change is using Sapphire TRIXX as my overclocking utility. Just personal preference from having experience with three different 7900 line rigs. All three overclock using TRIXX.
    A side note,
    I find that memory clocks (at least for benchmarks) don't make as much of a difference as core clock. I do mild memory clocks, like 50-100mhz, focusing everything on core clocks. But yea, that's just from what I've experienced. Frame rate increases seem to be more noticeable with sizable core increases rather than memory. And it'll save a bit on voltage&heat

I'm using ASUS GPU Tweak, it has the option to lock Core Clock and GPU Voltage together so they scale, very helpful for OCing without meddling too much with the voltage.