Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    Waiting for idiots and trolls to learn the mechanics while MY repair bill goes up just because no one wants me to explain to get the hell off the floor during elegon is not acceptable and neither is contradicting explanations of fights just because you want to be a free little butterfly who listens to no man. You have got to live in some sick little world where spending 6 hours doing faceroll bosses is enjoyable.
    You're wrong if you think any if what you wrote applies to me.

    I'm quite happy when people dish out instructions, I learned the fights that way. But after having learned them, I'm sure as hell gonna ignore those that give ORDERS to everyone. Hell no, not in LFR!

    I'm not the one contradicting people because I can. I generally don't use raidchat and when I do, it's more often for chitchat related to the current situation. And wiping for 6 hours is painfull no matter where you are. LFR or Heroic mode, it doesn't matter. But it shouldn't be happening in LFR. It's expected in Heroic mode progression...

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    LFR nowadays is all about shutting up and getting out of there as fast as possible.

    The longer people talk, the more slurs get tossed around and the more the blame game gets in full swing.

    Had 2 tanks trying to tank the same mob on Will in LFR yesterday and they couldn't figure out why the other one was running around stomping people. I kid you not they blamed the healers for not keeping people up and the dps for dying to avoidable 300,000+ hits.
    That sounds like something taken out of a terrible but yet hilarious comedy sketch/movie, someone should make it. ^^

  3. #23
    your problem? you're too nice. you got no killer instinct. if you don't have what it takes to lead, don't do it cause your type B personality won't cope well with all the issues that come when you take the reins.

    now if it were me and i knew my strategy was sound, i'd call out that dude. i'd be aggressive and tell him his "strategies" can suck my nutz. i'd call him a noob. i'd tell everyone to kick him. all the sheeple would follow suit and kick him. problem solved.

    you're lucky he wasn't more aggressive and start a rally to kick you from group.

  4. #24
    Herald of the Titans starkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Planet Caravan
    Posts
    2,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles Malarkey View Post
    I had a similar situation and was cussed out with words to the effect of If you're so great, why aren't you a tank?

    When it comes to LFR, you have to expect a certain degree of nonsense and drooling. If you can't barely scrape by with five players awake and two drunk healers, drop group and re-queue.

    I really do hate the old, oh sorry im high right now or im so drunk, in fact there none of that,there just shit players using a even shitter excuse.
    You are lying! I never hit you! YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    your problem? you're too nice. you got no killer instinct. if you don't have what it takes to lead, don't do it cause your type B personality won't cope well with all the issues that come when you take the reins.

    now if it were me and i knew my strategy was sound, i'd call out that dude. i'd be aggressive and tell him his "strategies" can suck my nutz. i'd call him a noob. i'd tell everyone to kick him. all the sheeple would follow suit and kick him. problem solved.

    you're lucky he wasn't more aggressive and start a rally to kick you from group.
    Oh no don't get me wrong, I did call him out on it. However I was civilized and used actual reasoning and logic to back my points. He did try to start a kick and no one followed him because I was #1 healer and he was like 14th in DPS.

    I do the same thing in actual raids that I end up leading and calling shit out for in vent. You don't have to be a hard ass to be an effective leader. A little respect goes a long way when it comes to dealing with other human beings.

  6. #26
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    8,152
    This is why I do LFR on Tuesday after Reset with the guild, I never have to worry about these problems.
    I'm neither Pro or Anti Flying, I just have a different opinion on the matter.

  7. #27
    Ive actually had the completely opposite experience. When I ran MSV the second week it was out, everyone was happy that I was able to give clear concise instruction on how to do the fights.

    I think you may have just had some dicks in your raid :|

  8. #28
    Just do all your LFR activity on wensday (eu) or tuesday (US).

    The good raiders will run their LFR prior to starting the week's raids and as such your chance of 'good ppl™' in LFR skyrockets on those days. Do it on any other day and you will get near suicidal levels of frustration

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    You're wrong if you think any if what you wrote applies to me.

    I'm quite happy when people dish out instructions, I learned the fights that way. But after having learned them, I'm sure as hell gonna ignore those that give ORDERS to everyone. Hell no, not in LFR!

    I'm not the one contradicting people because I can. I generally don't use raidchat and when I do, it's more often for chitchat related to the current situation. And wiping for 6 hours is painfull no matter where you are. LFR or Heroic mode, it doesn't matter. But it shouldn't be happening in LFR. It's expected in Heroic mode progression...

    You misunderstand, I'm saying it's wrong to accept that people will do this and not attempt to explain things at all because of the negative feedback and seeming lack of response. Not that you yourself refuse to cooperate and be civil when someone attempts to explain things, it seemed from your post that you suggest it's better to just be quiet and let them wipe the group until they learn to shape up.
    Brooding.

  10. #30
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Montreal,Canada
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    your problem? you're too nice. you got no killer instinct. if you don't have what it takes to lead, don't do it cause your type B personality won't cope well with all the issues that come when you take the reins.

    now if it were me and i knew my strategy was sound, i'd call out that dude. i'd be aggressive and tell him his "strategies" can suck my nutz. i'd call him a noob. i'd tell everyone to kick him. all the sheeple would follow suit and kick him. problem solved.

    you're lucky he wasn't more aggressive and start a rally to kick you from group.
    I've gotten so many people like you kicked it's not funny. Nobody likes some teenager who thinks he's a hardcase because he managed not to suck at an easy mode game. It also helps your case when you can find the shift key once in a while, otherwise you look like a lazy illiterate boob. A little manners and respect go a long way, in game and in life, I pray you learn that lesson.

  11. #31


    srsly, u don't !

    LFR is so easy, you can (but shouldn't) stand in everything and won't die.
    So if you wipe on the first boss in LFR, just leave, for gods sake, leave.
    It's not your job to teach 24 players how to play the game, it's their own...

  12. #32
    i try to do LFR on the first day of reset, when the knowledgable players tend to go in and havent had many problems. However im an altaholic, and go on my alts later in the week.

    I've seen people wipe 10+ times on encounters like will or elegon, and since im knowledgable with the fights since im progressing on them in heroic modes and my RL experience i tend to ask for assist and throw up some hints and tactics.

    9 times out of 10, we kill it the try after i've explained, or at least on the 2nd shot after!

    I mostly get thanked by people for sorting the raid out, but there's always one. Best thing to do, ignore them. Or call them out. Twice its happened to me, last time was a monk that managed 17k dps on will of the emperor. A simple "Guys, this monk that is moaning is doing less than 20k dps, kick him and lets get someone decent". You'll find the rest of the raid are on your side and the moaner will be booted

  13. #33
    All runs I did up untill now, there was 1 person guiding the raid, yelling things, warning people. The group did respond to that, I haven't seen anyone opposing that.
    I personally like it when a knowledgable person helps out. So I hope you guys keep helping us through and not let 1 guys who doesn't like it, stop you.

  14. #34
    I've done LFR 3 times now, there is always 1 or 2 people who start "raid leading", and in general this is accepted.

    I appreciated it as well when it was my first time there. Most stuff is self-explanatory but it was nice that someone said on Elegon: "watch out, the floor will dissapear after a while".(still over half the raid fell in, except the ones that listened.)

    I know its in the dungeon journal, but still...

  15. #35
    This is pretty common, sadly. The chat in LFR is reserved for "stfu noob", "I have 8/8hc on my main noob" and the latest meme.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Illkhan View Post
    I've gotten so many people like you kicked it's not funny. Nobody likes some teenager who thinks he's a hardcase because he managed not to suck at an easy mode game. It also helps your case when you can find the shift key once in a while, otherwise you look like a lazy illiterate boob. A little manners and respect go a long way, in game and in life, I pray you learn that lesson.
    sure you have, boss. sure you have...

    i didn't advocate being an asshat, like what you're doing in this thread. i explained to the OP what i woulda done in his situation. i don't go into LFR looking for trouble, but if i find it, i ain't gonna back down from it.

    if i take the initiative, like the OP and try to be helpful and some asshat, like yourself, butts in; ima bitch slap him back down, so...

    1. get some reading comprehension.
    2. sit your azz back down son, you done made a fool of yourself.

  17. #37
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilu View Post


    srsly, u don't !

    LFR is so easy, you can (but shouldn't) stand in everything and won't die.
    So if you wipe on the first boss in LFR, just leave, for gods sake, leave.
    It's not your job to teach 24 players how to play the game, it's their own...
    First off, it's not the first boss that people fail on. It's usually Will of the Emperor.

    Second, leaving accomplishes nothing if every subsequent group you get placed in fails because everyone keeps switching out thinking the next group will be perfect. That isn't going to happen for a while,

    Third, if you don't plan in helping your group, you should have no reason to expect them to succeed. You did nothing to the contrary; you're as responsible for the failure as anyone else. Especially if you're advocating "It's pretty much okay if you just stand wherever." You have rage beating on two healers because they can't be assed to move and all the melee DPS getting layered with devastating combos, you aren't going to get anywhere. Yes, even in LFR.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  18. #38
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,912
    You must have been doing more than just calling out strats. I can't think of any reason why anyone would complain about that, unless you were saying the wrong strats.

    Now if everything you say is true and he was just complaining about you calling out the strats then that's what the ignore function is for. I guess some people are just dumb.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Illkhan View Post
    I just find raid warnings obnoxious. I wouldn't have cried about it, but they are annoying. Anyone bad enough to need raid warnings probably won't know what kiting, etc is, so I doubt it helps much. I have DBM spamming enough crap on my screen, I don't need anymore thanks.
    I agree. If people don't know what to do, raid warnings aren't going to help. They just add to the chaos of a raid going bad.

    Plus, I've had too many "experts" in lfr/lfd that have no clue. People take advice from friends, guildees and forums (if they ask), but not lfr/lfd.

  20. #40
    In LFR, what you do NOT want to do if you decide to raidlead, is give too much info. People will start ignoring it, or get used to the BLING sound of a /rw so they'll miss more important ones. Don't tell a novel about WHY they should or should not do something either, you just say what will happen if they don't listen (not: "if you don't get out of the middle, the floor will disappear and you have a problem", but, "get out of the middle when we say so OR YOU DIE").

    So, no, you don't yell "kite and kill adds" or "kill towers!" on elegon, cause people will anyway, somehow, manage to deal with them. They're not a direct risk to your raid. The goal of LFR is not to execute an encounter perfectly, it's to survive it. What happens instead is people no longer notice your undoubtfully well-intended raidwarnings, so when you really need one, most people won't even notice or care to notice.

    You do yell however "get out of the middle" and "get that [big add that stuns on emperor] off the tanks", though, because THAT poses a direct risk to your raid. Since most tanks are completely clueless on that fight, the last thing the raid needs is a tank that's also getting stunned.

    Then there's raidleaders who give information that can be debated for correctness. In LFR you do not tell people to stack up straight away on emperors. This will result in the big add stunning all the healers. Fabulous, a tank just died because sure, if people weren't tards this tactic would have worked great but the reality is YOU - the rl - just wiped us with your 'information'. You'll yell for stacking up when there's actual AoE damage. You're overall better off if people stand wherever the fuck their keyboardturning behaviour put them at and hope not all healers will get caught in the stun, just cause whoever had aggro on the mob decided it'd be a fantastic plan to turn it to a raid with an awareness similar to that of being in a state of catatonia.

    Just a random example, of course, but this is the typical shit I see happen when some guy decides he needs to RL. I'm not saying you're like that, of course.


    I'm not saying the guy who flamed you is justified, but I can understand why he may have been annoyed, also. Of course I don't know the whole story. Just trying to give some perspective here.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2012-11-03 at 07:19 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •