Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    It's called doing research into your class and spec. In short, it honestly comes down to L2P. Or gear better if that's too low. Just because you can cue for heroics, doesn't mean you should if you can't pull the necessary weight it requires.
    What weight ? Heroics are so easy it really doesn´t matter if someone does suboptimal DPS. If those 3 minutes the run takes longer really annoy you so much then run die daily with your guild mates.
    Oh and do you really propose he should gear up on valor gear so that he can run heroics ? You do know they are there to gear up freshly dinged lv 90 chars, do you ? If you are annoyed with people getting gear then don´t do LFG groups.

I cannot stand it when people make a thread to toot their own horn. I hate it even more than when someone posts a dps chart with their name always being on top. Every time I see this happen I see a 9 year old boy jumping into a pool of water shouting "Hey look at me Daddy! Look what I can do!" At least you didn't bash the people who were under performing. If you got through the instance ok, was this really worth a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    As a tank I'm even doing 50k (easily), so this is a laugh, dps is easy as hell, queues are long, but the rest is easy man, this is pathetic

Deleted
    if everyone would take half an hour to actually read all their tooltips and talents the general skill level would skyrocket.
    I'm always shocked when I read posts like ''what should I spec?whats my rotation?is this better or..''
    Now I know sometimes those questions make sense in certain contexts but mostly it's just people who are unable to take a few minutes to read their spells and logically conclude what's best to do or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    if everyone would take half an hour to actually read all their tooltips and talents the general skill level would skyrocket.
    I'm always shocked when I read posts like ''what should I spec?whats my rotation?is this better or..''
    Now I know sometimes those questions make sense in certain contexts but mostly it's just people who are unable to take a few minutes to read their spells and logically conclude what's best to do or not.
    You are so much better than them. Congratulations.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    2k dps.... even bots do it better lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    If you think 30k dps(single-target) is decent from anything other than a tank or healer at 90 you clearly don't know what decent dps is. I hate low dps in randoms because I want my vp without spending 30 minutes clearing Temple of the Jade Serpent. I'm not asking for everyone to pull 60k+, just some thing decent along the lines of 40k-50k. To me the low dps are the same as tanks who wait a full 60 seconds between pulls, they are there wasting my time. I respect people enough to not try and waste their time, however if they don't respect my time then I will treat them in a manner that is less than ideal because I have little tolerance for such behavior.

I find someone actively trying to harass me far less annoying than someone who just doesn't care enough to try. The former you can report and never deal with again, the latter you run into far more often.
    In LFD, you take what you get. Sorry that not everyone is as dedicated to the game as you are.

Deleted
    i can permamindspike-afk and still top most of the dds in random heroes, which is more than sad

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rt7 View Post
    just did a normal shado-pan monastery last fight dps was, we all level 87 about so I didn't outgear anyone or anything.

me - 24.5k dps - 56% damage done
    tank - -10k dps -
    elemental shaman - 4.5k dps
    destruction warlock -2.8k dps

as you can imagine it took ages, luckily we had a monk healer but was basically ooming big time

obviously people are leveling up but somehow still don't grasp how to do damage or anything, does more need to be explained by blizzard for noobs to wow?

I didn't say anything because I don't think it's up to me to tell people how to play their class but they can look forward to alot of /party kicks in future if they don't improve.

other people aren't as patient.
    Simpler wouldn't help. They weren't trying in the first place. Or something was wrong with your meter.... That's really low auto attacking only would get them more than that, they would have to be afking large parts of the fight.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 02:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    If you think 30k dps(single-target) is decent from anything other than a tank or healer at 90 you clearly don't know what decent dps is. I hate low dps in randoms because I want my vp without spending 30 minutes clearing Temple of the Jade Serpent. I'm not asking for everyone to pull 60k+, just some thing decent along the lines of 40k-50k. To me the low dps are the same as tanks who wait a full 60 seconds between pulls, they are there wasting my time. I respect people enough to not try and waste their time, however if they don't respect my time then I will treat them in a manner that is less than ideal because I have little tolerance for such behavior.

I find someone actively trying to harass me far less annoying than someone who just doesn't care enough to try. The former you can report and never deal with again, the latter you run into far more often.
    Some classes fresh at 90 wearing quest rewards that is all they can pull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Decent in my opinion would be 50k
    For a fresh 90 with iLevel 440 who just started with Heroics?

I think 25-30 is a much more realistic outcome. Yes, 480+ iLevel tanks will outperform them, but who cares, honestly? Heroics are piss-easy as it is.

Bad enough that my Warlock (Affliction) alt got kicked from two heroics today, because I did 18k DPS on trash when everything died in about 5-6 seconds. You don't really expect me to reforge/enchant my 437 items or put a belt buckle in my 429 waist, do you?
    Last edited by mmocc2f63cde0d; 2012-11-12 at 02:21 AM.

If the dps numbers listed are real, then what I imagine is that the 2 players hate bar got filled, if I recall that debuff reduces the dmg you do by like 90% or something.

Would make sense if they are new and didnt know what to do.

OP, you said you didnt say anything because it isn't your place, but it is. You know that it is an issue, say something, but say it respectfully, give them a place to go to read up whatever the case may be. Its all in the delivery.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think anyone doing under 20K in heroics should be looked at sideways. That said, who knows what's going on in their life. If there aren't any wipes. Whatever, get the dungeon done.

Some dps do about 20 - 25k entering heroics for the first time.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rt7 View Post
    just did a normal shado-pan monastery last fight dps was, we all level 87 about so I didn't outgear anyone or anything.

me - 24.5k dps - 56% damage done
    tank - -10k dps -
    elemental shaman - 4.5k dps
    destruction warlock -2.8k dps

as you can imagine it took ages, luckily we had a monk healer but was basically ooming big time

obviously people are leveling up but somehow still don't grasp how to do damage or anything, does more need to be explained by blizzard for noobs to wow?

I didn't say anything because I don't think it's up to me to tell people how to play their class but they can look forward to alot of /party kicks in future if they don't improve.

other people aren't as patient.
    I don't get how it can surprise you really, everything outside of raiding (and now challenge-modes) are designed to be taken down by a monkey.., and the easier everything becomes outside of these two features, the worse it gets..

Quote Originally Posted by Draahl View Post
    It is also highly dependant on the class tbh. My ww monk with 480 ilvl does about 70-80k dps, while my DK with 450 ilvl does 80-100k dps(both single target ofc). Ofcourse some players are really bad but its alot about what type of class you are and how the fight are for you.
    how do you do 80-100k dps single target with ilvl450? o.O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    how do you do 80-100k dps single target with ilvl450? o.O
    5 second fight with Flask, Potion, all CDs and Bloodlust.

meh i guess it didnt happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    5 second fight with Flask, Potion, all CDs and Bloodlust.
    Which no one is going to use in a heroic 5 man. But hey, stroking yourself feels good so...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Which no one is going to use in a heroic 5 man. But hey, stroking yourself feels good so...
    I don't do it, but it's the only way I can imagine iLevel 450 doing 100k DPS on a single target (or even AoE..)

In level 90 heroics I've had people doing 7k DPS, who talk shit like they think they're actually any good when you laugh at them for it. It's rather sad, people were better than that 2 expansions ago (Wrath)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    For a fresh 90 with iLevel 440 who just started with Heroics?

I think 25-30 is a much more realistic outcome. Yes, 480+ iLevel tanks will outperform them, but who cares, honestly? Heroics are piss-easy as it is.

Bad enough that my Warlock (Affliction) alt got kicked from two heroics today, because I did 18k DPS on trash when everything died in about 5-6 seconds. You don't really expect me to reforge/enchant my 437 items or put a belt buckle in my 429 waist, do you?
    This. You'll also get people like me on my Balance/resto druid - I usually heal but sometimes queue with a guildie who really wants to heal so you're getting someone in caster leather that's reforged for healing doing a DPS role. Single target my dps is about 25k... aoe in larger packs is better of course. But the fact of it is that the single target boss fights last, maybe, 15 or 30 seconds longer than they would otherwise. Sorry but that's just not material in anyone's life.

Now, if I could reforge in a click back and forth between dps and heals I would but I'm not going to manually reforge back and forth for a heroic or two. a raid? Yeah, I'd spend a few minutes reforging correctly... but for a random 5 man? Please...
    Last edited by clevin; 2012-11-12 at 02:45 AM.