Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stuck at 2100 Rating in 3v3 Areana with 2450 Exp

Playing old school TSG vs Frost Mage | Shadow Priest | Resto Druid.

Use 1 shot macro on resto druid off guard; down him to 1% only for him to iceblock, shadow priest then swap hp then pops dispersion, Druid full hp; mage deep random targets for fun and kill things in global w/o popping any real burst macros.

FML

Nothing but rank 1 and gladiators cockblocking 2200. =\

They don't call it godcomp for nothing. Also, the fact you're annoyed about getting stuck and then saying
    Use 1 shot macro
    makes me a sad panda.

other classes dont need one shot macro; their sustain dmg is retarded enough.

shadow priest resto druid is a pain in the arse to kill, spent the good part of 35minutes in a 2s arena last night with my partner trying to bring them down, we eventually got the druid, but the amount of short length defensive cds they have gave us a headache we called it a night after beating them. (playing Hpala firemage)

Quote Originally Posted by Waimzer View Post
    shadow priest resto druid is a pain in the arse to kill, spent the good part of 35minutes in a 2s arena last night with my partner trying to bring them down, we eventually got the druid, but the amount of short length defensive cds they have gave us a headache we called it a night after beating them. (playing Hpala firemage)
    Do you happen to remember the name of the druid or priest? Me and my friend (Resto/Shadow) Played a long game with a Hpally/Fire team.

Druid's name is Remidii and Priest is Powergasm Dark Iron-US

Deleted
    Well, to be fair 2200 is roughly gladiator cutoff on many battlegroups. 2100 rating is not a bad rating to be stuck at. Gear, buffs/nerfs and experience will eventually make you catch up.

But Blizzard plans to inflate rating at one point or another. So any current rating doesn't matter.

Deleted
    Yeah i understand that the game is hard after you have used your oneshotmacros but thats where the skill starts.

Play more, learn and become better. Thats all there is to it really.

you get penalized for target switching against many comps now, given that most classes have at least 2 mid cooldown defensives.

Try training either the mage or priest, force either both blocks OR the dispersion, then set up a kill on the trained target before their defensive cooldowns come back up. If you don't go for the priest you need to do your best to force his trinket and set him up in CC too. Focus strangulate on priest when mage dips under 60% while rdruid is warrior feared then CC'd out of it by your healer, for example. Which target you chose is influenced by map, Y-axis maps like Blades edge and even Dalaran to some extent; you probably want to go Priest because the Mage has alter-time > jump, and jump > lifegrip which will completely negate your setup on him.

KFC should be easy to take down now that hunter has been nerfed, can't see what other comps should be really unbeatable for you.

And yeah, 2200 is a much tougher challenge this season than it has been in the past, which leads to it being pretty tough to find good players, because even many with 2400 achieves can't hack it at 2200 level this season.
    Last edited by Axi; 2012-11-02 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're in the same boat. stuck at just under 2100 and q'n against god comps that farm us. kitty cleave is fkn pain in the a** to run against a good G-comp. all we wanted to do was farm some kfc's

on the bright side.. ratings arent what they used to be.. 2k is the new 2200..maybe 2300 depending where you play. the last season i was active on tich we ended up at 2720 rating and still didnt get glad. these days that would be rank 1 anywhere. they need to fix the ratings imo.

rating is deflated even worse than it was last season. 5.1 can not come soon enough. the 2100-2200 grind shouldnt be constant glad/ex glad queues.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    rating is deflated even worse than it was last season. 5.1 can not come soon enough. the 2100-2200 grind shouldnt be constant glad/ex glad queues.
    This. +++++

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    We're in the same boat. stuck at just under 2100 and q'n against god comps that farm us. kitty cleave is fkn pain in the a** to run against a good G-comp. all we wanted to do was farm some kfc's
    Its the opposite for me. We are sitting at 2050 but was at 2170 because of too many kfcs. I would love to play against godcomp more often and less kfcs. Playing against godcomp feels like somewhat skillful arenas, whereas KFC is just "HOLY FUCK PETS HOLY SHIT RECK OMGOMG PEEEEEL... fuck we lost" Last week we went 14-2 to start (that was the 2170) then went 0-8 to 3 different kfcs.

Hopefully with the hunter hotfix (?) to stampede kfc will be less of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Well, to be fair 2200 is roughly gladiator cutoff on many battlegroups. 2100 rating is not a bad rating to be stuck at. Gear, buffs/nerfs and experience will eventually make you catch up.

But Blizzard plans to inflate rating at one point or another. So any current rating doesn't matter.

not sure if dumb or just trolling.

Glad is 2.5k++

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post

Glad is 2.5k++
    in the US it isn't, its 2250-2.4 on most battlegroups, if nothing is changed about the rating system its likely to remain at that.

2.5 is Rank 1(some are sub 2.4 R1 even) on 8 US Battlegroups at the moment.

In fact, most EU battlegroups roughly mirror this, so no idea what you are talking about, rating has deflated this season and there isn't likely to be much ramp-up at the end of the season as most high mmr teams start to camp.
    Last edited by Axi; 2012-11-02 at 06:52 PM.

It might be 2.2 right now but season just started. It will be 2.4-2.6 eventually depending what BG. Never below 2.4 though.

train mage all day, you should be fine, else u bad, rly

Deleted

Glad is 2.5k++
    Not sure if dumb or just not able to comprehend that I am talking about current rating. Everything is relative. Rating is just an artificial meassurement of how well you are doing. If you are in the top 0,5% now, chances are that if you keep playing (assuming no nerfs) you will be able to get gladiator by the end of the season (well at least it has worked for me a handful of times now).

Also, go read Ghostcrawler's recent post on MMR. 2.4-2.6 will not be enough, if they push through with the current PTR changes in patch 5.1. Hence I said "Blizzard will most likely inflate rating at one point or another".

So yeah, just keep your mouth shut before you go full retard.

Train the mage, you win in godcomp, really. Not that hard, yes you have to play defensive make sure you charge any frost bomb cast and you win if you stay alive, its a long tactical game

and this is a different season, 2200 this season is essentially glad, this isnt S8 where glads were cut off at 2600 etc ratings over 3k etc

tl;dr Its a new season

Not enough people are there to inflate the rating that much higher guys. Even teams that had fucking perfect records (the team that won 98% of their games on BG9) is only 2622

This isnt wrath where everyone is doing arenas, the ratings are gonna stay about the same unless blizz implements the inflation
    Last edited by Dupree; 2012-11-03 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Not sure if dumb or just not able to comprehend that I am talking about current rating. Everything is relative. Rating is just an artificial meassurement of how well you are doing. If you are in the top 0,5% now, chances are that if you keep playing (assuming no nerfs) you will be able to get gladiator by the end of the season (well at least it has worked for me a handful of times now).

Also, go read Ghostcrawler's recent post on MMR. 2.4-2.6 will not be enough, if they push through with the current PTR changes in patch 5.1. Hence I said "Blizzard will most likely inflate rating at one point or another".

So yeah, just keep your mouth shut before you go full retard.

Post your main then talk you monitor tanned mongoloid. Prolly some 2k dog thinking hes good.

Deleted
    Post your main then talk you monitor tanned mongoloid. Prolly some 2k dog thinking hes good.
    Doesnt have to do with anything, he's right