Saddened by overwhelming bot population in BGS

Hi I am mostly a PVP player who does pugs (random bgs and world pvp) but I notice that during normal peak hours, either my team or the opposite team is 50% bots. I am playing now at 3AM (Sandy has canceled school the whole week =P ) and see that it's me and one other person, while the rest of the team of bots are stuck under obstacles the whole game (2 people cant report afk apparently) or in a big clump following the same path but stuck at the GY or Objective

Is WoW's subscriptions decreasing so much that Blizzard is forced to keep these subscribers? It seems like you could just check battlegrounds very late in the night and see almost everyone is a bot (the owners most-likely asleep while it bots).

I just don't see the fun in losing because your team doesn't make conscious decisions for objectives and the other team is so handicap that they get stuck at the graveyard. No one ever talks, everyone has a 0-9 KD ratio, most people are clumped together because of the bot profiles are too similar. :S
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Deleted
    You can also visit the world, majority are botters there too. They have to keep them to make it look alive obviously.

WoW is pushing like what, 8 years now and Blizzard still refuses to implement CAPTCHA for BG's.

They will keep insisting "we are finding the methods of the botters and ban in waves since that is the best way of doing this, but rest assured Blizzard is working on this."

Or like the other day a blue explained that for every botter there are X number of customers getting annoyed and blablabla [insert more excuses here] Blizzard isn't making money out of them and they also are trying to make the WoW client more secure.

What baffles me with all of this bs Blizzard is telling the customers is that WoW is freaking an 8 year old game.

YOU HAVE HAD YOU SHARE OF TIME TO FIX THIS PROBLEM AND OBVIOUSLY HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO STOP BOTTING!!!!!

So at some point it's time to realize for them that their way of working is obviously not working. Now there is one thing that would keep the botters out of bgs: CAPTCHA.

Problem solved and yet they will never do this because "they are working to find the method of botters and banning them in waves, all for you enjoyment".

BG was the last thing I was doing in WoW before I gave up on Blizzard on ever fixing the botting issue and stopped playing in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    Hi I am mostly a PVP player who does pugs (random bgs and world pvp) but I notice that during normal peak hours, either my team or the opposite team is 50% bots. I am playing now at 3AM (Sandy has canceled school the whole week =P ) and see that it's me and one other person, while the rest of the team of bots are stuck under obstacles the whole game (2 people cant report afk apparently) or in a big clump following the same path but stuck at the GY or Objective

Is WoW's subscriptions decreasing so much that Blizzard is forced to keep these subscribers? It seems like you could just check battlegrounds very late in the night and see almost everyone is a bot (the owners most-likely asleep while it bots).

I just don't see the fun in losing because your team doesn't make conscious decisions for objectives and the other team is so handicap that they get stuck at the graveyard. No one ever talks, everyone has a 0-9 KD ratio, most people are clumped together because of the bot profiles are too similar. :S
    4-7am period was completely infested with bots during most of cataclysm too. It is not that there are more bots queuing up at that time, but less real people are queuing so chances are much higher to see the 24/7 bots.

Clearly Blizzard didn't do much about them during cataclysm, so hoping they will do something in MoP is delusional.

There will probably be a very big and loud banwave in a few weeks/months which will cause the forum fans to break out in tears of joy and gratitude, nevermind that the botting will start again the next week..

The problem is a fundamental flaw in their design. As long as the reward is points or gear or whatever, instead of the game itself, people will halfass their way through to get said reward.

Actually have been oblivious to bots for years coming from a medium to low pop realm, we get the occasional bot in BG's but nothing so noticeable as I have seen levelling my toon on Ravencrest recently.

I was in a AB BG, and literally out of full Horde team and Alliance team I was the only non bot there. It was completely hilarious and quite frightening too. All it is , is conga lines of players hopping from base to base, clashing at one base rinse repeat...#

I used it to my advantage though by just running around capping and recapping bases whilst the conga line of horde and alliance followed behind me. And we got the win.

However its just not fun going into a BG knowing your win or loss is dependant on wether you have less bots than the other side.

Honestly I am gobsmacked at the amount of bots in BG's (hell even the small amount of bots we have on my low pop realm are usually just AV cave botters) but these ones I have seen are actually semi intelligent.. *mindblown*

I also have noticed many many bots on Ravencrest in the world, ie. herbers/miners, it's just a constant flurry of players on the same route and quite funny to mess with them, as they seem to not land and try and pick a herb if another player is standing near the herb. So when i see the conga lines, I just run to all the herbs in the area and watch them hover over them then fly off

I've been reporting i'm just not sure there is anything else that can be done, surely Blizzard are aware and doing something about it, it most probably isn't as easy to fix as most think it is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    maybe if it didnt take days to get a single pvp piece legitimately and pvp was balanced we would manually play
    This is odd.