What's Wrong With Havoc?

Havoc says a Chaos Bolt will strike the cursed target in addition to the normal target.
    I can use Havoc on training dummies and get the cleave effect.
    I can use Havoc on heroic enemies and get NO cleave effect.

Is Havoc bugged, or is there some trick to getting Havoc to work with Chaos Bolt that I'm missing?
    Last edited by Iry; 2012-11-03 at 02:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Define "Heroic enemies". Do you mean trash/bosses in heroic dungeons, heroic raids, elite mobs out in the world?

10+ Year Old Account
    havoc will only transfer the chaos bolt to the bane target if it has 3 charges.

Any other single target spells cast after using havoc will consume a charge. (immo, conflag, fel flame, incinerate)

i.e - you bane a target then conflag to get backdraft charges to shorten the chaos bolt cast time. the conflag will consume one charge of the havoc making the chaos bolt not cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Define "Heroic enemies". Do you mean trash/bosses in heroic dungeons, heroic raids, elite mobs out in the world?
    "Heroic enemies" is probably misleading. Mostly I mean bosses and the adds that involve them, but also pretty much everything else.

For example: Will of the Emperor. Cast Havoc on 1 Rage, Chaos Bolt the other Rage. Neither has any damage cast by me yet because I am testing. Chaos Bolt does not cleave to Havoc.

Elegon. Cast Havoc on Elegon. Chaos Bolt the Protector. Neither has any damage cast by me yet because I am testing. Chaos Bolt does not cleave to Havoc.

Random Trash in any Heroic Instance. Cast Havoc on mook 1. Chaos Bolt mook 2. Neither has any damage cast by me yet because I am testing. Chaos Bolt does not cleave to Havoc.

But I can get Havoc to work with all the other listed spells just fine, just not Chaos Bolt.

But Chaos Bolt does cleave just fine on Training Dummies.

Deleted
    Strange, I have no issue with Havoc. Are you sure you are not casting another spell before the CB ?

Havoc works fine in every aspect of the game. Chaos Bolt does cleave. There's something wrong on your end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by creepfest View Post
    havoc will only transfer the chaos bolt to the bane target if it has 3 charges.

Any other single target spells cast after using havoc will consume a charge. (immo, conflag, fel flame, incinerate)

i.e - you bane a target then conflag to get backdraft charges to shorten the chaos bolt cast time. the conflag will consume one charge of the havoc making the chaos bolt not cleave.
    this seems the most likely culprit

do you use macroed spells? maybe something wrong in there.

It's not just damaging spells either I've found that will reduce the charges.
    I made the mistake of putting Havoc on one enemy and then using Curse of elements because I was retarded and didn't get the cleave effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynistra View Post
    It's not just damaging spells either I've found that will reduce the charges.
    I made the mistake of putting Havoc on one enemy and then using Curse of elements because I was retarded and didn't get the cleave effect.
    This solved my issue right here. I thought Havoc only applied to damaging spells and would do Curse + Havoc on Target 1, then Curse + Chaos Bolt on Target 2. The Curse was eating a charge.

Thanks for the info! My DPS has Skyrocketed!