Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

how come girls like bad boys/thugs/gangsters?

where does the attraction occur? i guess its true that nice guys finish last. /sigh.
    Cant live with em.. cant live without them.. can I get some FEMALE perspectives please? I mean real girls, not G.I.R.L (guy in real life)
    Last edited by kailoth; 2012-11-02 at 12:51 PM.

They dont.

Teen females are like that because they dont know better until they hit ~19-20 aka college/university ages and are 100% attracted to physical appearance, then they see how some females only a year or two older than them, that already went through the change, are dating people with actual income and a brain usually of the age of 25+ while their "boyfriend" is too busy being useless and realize how stupid they were during their teen years, then most change, and pretty much dont even look at that type.

Dont worry, just grow up, things change ;D.

At least this is how it is for my country , i see it every day, its amusing >_>, they deny it, but then you show it to them and they shut up.

Just dont be fat when you are 20+ and they come out of the bushes.
    Last edited by potis; 2012-11-02 at 12:51 PM.

You'll note, if you look a bit more closely, that the "bad boys" that do well with women are generally physically attractive. Physically attractive people do better with the opposite sex than unattractive people.

Guys who are nice don't finish last, but Nice Guys that whine about how nice they are and how unfair women are do finish last.

It is a maturity issue. I promise you from my experience these are the chicks you want to avoid. They have no idea what they really want and are usually prudes in the sack. Also add in the emotional baggage of constantly getting screwed by said bad boys. Just avoid them!

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    They dont.

Teen females are like that because they dont know better until they hit ~19-20 aka college/university ages, then they see how some females only a year or two older than them, that already went through the change, are dating people with actual income and a brain usually of the age of 25+ and realize how stupid they were during their teen years, then most change, and pretty much dont even look at that type.

Dont worry, just grow up, things change ;D.

At least this is how it is for my country , i see it every day, its amusing >_>, they deny it, but then you show it to them and they shut up.
    nice = weak

find someone who doesn't see it that way or learn to be a dick, those are your options. women will settle down with guys who are secure, whatever, but if they like bad boys that won't stop, it would blow your mind how many people are cheaters. by the time you're 30 you learn that everyone cheats or they lie about it or they're so damn goofy they just don't have options. marriage fails so hard because monogamy just doesn't work, it's not natural.

What, none of the non-thugs/ganstster boys you know have girlfriends?

Confirmation bias is bias.

Deleted
    /sigh.
    Ohhhhh no, /sigh on you.

also this is a good saying:
    Guys who are nice don't finish last, but Nice Guys that whine about how nice they are and how unfair women are do finish last.

Quote Originally Posted by kailoth View Post
    where does the attraction occur? i guess its true that nice guys finish last. /sigh.
    Cant live with em.. cant live without them.. can I get some FEMALE perspectives please? I mean real girls, not G.I.R.L (guy in real life)
    Did you find out that the girl you're driving with is actually in love with another guy, while you fretted about wondering what to do on the trip?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Did you find out that the girl you're driving with is actually in love with another guy, while you fretted about wondering what to do on the trip?
    I think that it's all fake stories, he just wants some prep talk saying "women suck" so that he can feel better about being bad.

Deleted
    Because "bad boys/thugs/gangsters" are generally more confident with themselves and are better at talking to other people.

I would argue they don't like those "bad" boys, and they aren't inherently attracted to wealth alone.

As teenagers many seem to want to date kids who think they are tough, but having lived near the ghetto, the actual gang bangers were almost always single.

If you look good and have healthy strong body girls will like you whether you are a gangster or a lab geek.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    yeah..............

10+ Year Old Account
    Because self-anointed "nice" guys are usually just annoying pussies who are bitter that no one wants an underwhelming flop of a person as their mate. Sorry. That was crass, I know, but I've encountered so many whiny boys that are 20-going-on-12 making this same complaint.

See the thing is? "Bad" boys are usually like, busy living life. They may not be making the best decisions from a K2 view, but they're doing something. Not sitting around sucking off mommy & daddy or playing Wii and thinking about how "nice" they are.

And men of action are attractive, even if their actions are imperfect.

Deleted
    Well, "bad boys" I guess..Adventure, thrill, a sense of danger, a sense of doing something you shouldn't - it should be pretty easy to see why a girl goes for a guy who is rebellious if he offers any of those.

As for outright thugs - guys who treat women badly but still get the girls, there's also the aspect that plenty of women have low self esteem and don't think they can do better, don't think they are worth better. If a woman thinks she's worthless, and a man treats her like she is, he has fulfilled her own self image and she'll keep repeating that cycle until she realises she is actually worth more than that.

For any kind of guy that's less than perfect, if you've got looks then a lot of people will overlook things. Sometimes it's just about physical sexual attraction - that sort of relationship isn't going to last, but a hot guy is still going to get some girls, even if he's a horrible person, just like a hot girl is still going to get some guys even if she's a total bitch. A lot of bad guys have a lot of charisma, energy, charm and confidence - and that will superficially get girls interested in them.... but that will only get you so far.

But if this is something personal, and it's because a girl has chosen someone else over you, it may have nothing to do with "nice guys" finishing last... there are plenty of women out there looking for a nice guy, there are plenty of women who are turned off and completely unattracted to bad boys/thugs.

Deleted
    the bad guys get the girls the good guys settle down and get familys

It's the forbidden fruit effect. They know that they shouldn't be in to bad guys because they always end up getting hurt which makes them, in a sense, unobtainable. But when this sense of "I can't have you because I know you're not good for me" sinks in, they become more attractive and the more they are willing to break the rules of their hearts just for a little thrill. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    You'll note, if you look a bit more closely, that the "bad boys" that do well with women are generally physically attractive. Physically attractive people do better with the opposite sex than unattractive people.

Bam! There you have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people with that mentality are naturally unstable in their relationships, therefore its more fluid and allows for being more open in terms of flirting and such. In other words, they're available. While a "good guy" on the same level of intellect and looks is going to be able to form stable relationships, and be stuck in the "taken" zone, and thus not actively pursue such encounters.

Personally? I couldn't care less for bad boys. Overall such attitudes are quite tedious, and I simply don't have time in my life for drama whores.

Relevant

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.