Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I did wonder about using demo for this - however I'm a bit concerned about the wand bug.
    Try out Destro then, it seems nice for this fight.

If you have the option of bringing a couple of melee DPS and assigning them to legs, that would solve any DPS problem you have. Looks like you only got to the enrage twice out of all those wipes, though, so apparently you have other problems as well.
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs

Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    If you have the option of bringing a couple of melee DPS and assigning them to legs, that would solve any DPS problem you have. Looks like you only got to the enrage twice out of all those wipes, though, so apparently you have other problems as well.
    We do yea, but the enrage still hangs over us on every attempt as even though we were wiping on other things, we were still a bit behind for the enrage. On some attempts we were cutting it fine, so we were improving slightly (mainly due to switching one of the tanks to DPS spec).

We had 6 casters, so spreading was a bit of a problem for our healers. We don't really have any cleave specs; our comp was as follows:
    2xshadowpriests, 2xfire mages, affliction lock, moonkin. I think our paladin is gearing up his ret spec though, which should help.

Our shadow priest was doing well on the legs, whereas I was doing far better on the boss even with switching to legs. I hate to tell my guild that I need to stand and burn but I really think that's the best thing for me to do.

Destro is an option but if you can't get embers back I'm not sure what problem it is solving.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    It is hard for me to accept what you are claiming here about dps rank.
    Nevermind was posting other logs but you are not worth the effort.
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2012-11-03 at 10:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadence View Post
    Affliction starts out way ahead of Demo for the first 3 minutes of the fight, when there's tons of leg and Gara damage purely from dots. Keeping all dots up on the 3-4 targets while moving all over the place required me to switch to supremacy for better damage control, but once that seizure ends and its mostly just 0-1 legs and the body, affliction falls down a bit, though that might be from me switching to kiting for a bit. I did see a fall from 120k+ to just above 90k as the fight drags on.

I think overall, Demo will flourish at the end compared to Affliction, with the current KJ cunning the end requires so much movement as pheromones fill the room it gives barely any ticks off Drain Soul and the dots themselves won't do the damage the movement friendly Meta and Soulfire spam can do, but the start definetly benefits Affy. Seeing the parses they are competing very well, so its mostly a matter of choice, and overall what your going to be struggling with during progression.

Or maybe you'll be lucky enough to be able to switch proper dps in for the fight and actually kill the boss before the fight gets super sporadic. In which case, Affy would definetly be overall better.

(Note: Haven't killed yet just observations from many 25man 5% wipes)
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nh...3433#Rauteeins

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-j8...=14044#Meegosh

Going back to the main problem, honestly, all 3 specs are close on this fight, it highly depends on your way of handling it, if you plan on not moving much, affli should probably be the way to go.

Deleted
    And why is that my good Sir ?

We'll be starting on this tomorrow and I have to say destro does look very tempting. Do the legs take long enough to kill on 10 man for it to be worth saving 3 embers for shadowburn, or will they just die before all 3 get off?

It's somewhat unlikely that I'll be a full time leg killer, although if I can work in a few shadowburn cleaves it should do us some favours hopefully.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2012-11-05 at 12:00 AM.

Deleted
    I guess it depends of your raid's DPS on them, I used Havoc with Chaos Bolt because they were really being destroyed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    And why is that my good Sir ?
    If you don't got it, get it, if you don't get it ... figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Nevermind was posting other logs but you are not worth the effort.
    I could care less but don't talk nonsense knowing you can't back it up. I'm not saying you didn't rank I'm saying you can't prove it so why bother mentioning it since no one will believe you on the internet bro.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I could care less but don't talk nonsense knowing you can't back it up. I'm not saying you didn't rank I'm saying you can't prove it so why bother mentioning it since no one will believe you on the internet bro.
    You missed the point completely. I said I can't take his advice seriously when I know that I did more than most people playing the way I did. He's surely the one "talking nonsense" when he couldn't even tell us why I was wrong.

Was about to open a new thread about the following question but since Garalon is mentioned here, it is a good place.

Has anyone (especially destro) used Mannoroth's Fury on this? Do you think the increased area of effect will result in Rain of Fire hitting all legs+boss and even Fire and Brimstone + immolate/incinerate for at least 2 legs+boss?

Deleted
    I have made some pulls with MF & RoF, but KJC was much more useful for me since I had to kite with the pheromones.
    I think MFRoF did hit all 5 targets but the legs die so quickly that it's not that much of a gain overall.

You shouldn't use FnB on this fight, there are just not enough targets :/

we killed this huge bug yesterday on 25man; i played as usual demo
    we decided to kill just 2 legs instead of 4 cuz of the enrage timer which worked quite well and ended up in our first kill.
    i had to kite the boss 2 times wherefore KJC is kinda perfect...even the damage output compared to an affli lock was ok. there is space for more dps
    but i got ranked #24 (demo locks) with about "only" ~65k dps.

i also tried affli some tries but i switched back to demo....for me demo was more comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by Grap View Post
    we decided to kill just 2 legs instead of 4 cuz of the enrage timer
    Does not compute. Killing a leg does just as much damage to the boss as killing the body directly does, even if none of you manage to stand in the circle for the 200% buff. If you have enrage timer issues, the solution is to kill more legs, not less.
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs

Quote Originally Posted by Grap View Post
    we decided to kill just 2 legs instead of 4 cuz of the enrage timer which worked quite well and ended up in our first kill.
    Wait, I thought by killing a leg you take away 3% health from the boss and one leg is same as those 3% in hitpoints, so by constantly killing legs you get a higher raid DPS on the boss because of the bonus damage. Am I wrong?

Edit: Gobuchul beat me to it. ^^

well in know that killing one leg is 3% direct boss dmg and a 3% more dmg taken buff on the boss.
    don't ask me why it worked...most of the time we killed all legs we had the enrage at about 7% hp left on the boss.

we also had problems with those legs beeing on the "outer side" of the boss were unattackable for ranges cuz they weren't in our line of sight.
    with killing only the two "inner legs" we also knew that only these 2 can respawn/get restored.

the 200% more dmg buff is only on the legs you are standing next to...as far as i know (maybe i'm wrong) the 200% doens't count by doing cleeve dmg from a leg to the boss.

edit: here is our wol report
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-r8x11rt65thvbpbp/
    Last edited by blacki84; 2012-11-05 at 02:40 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been getting good results cleaving as Destro. I like MF/FnB Immo to RoF, I tend to hit ember overload if I can play to the kite path properly. From there, havoc cleaving on whatever leg is low or throwing excess CB's to the body when I have procs. It's difficult to do if you have to kite a lot though, but luckily, there's a mage for that.

Deleted
    Do you get the weak point buff only on the leg where you stand or can you multidot all 4 legs with the buff if you stand in one "buff area"?
    If so how do you manage to be not out of range to the other legs?

10+ Year Old Account
    The buff you get suggests you only get it for that leg, not all of them. It specifically talks about "the leg" and not about "legs" or "all legs"