Holy paladins in BG's

Hi I recently started playing holy again and am gearing up now in BG's iv found that im pretty much useless if 1 or 2 people are on me having only holy prisim and holy shock (about 60K healing) as heals that wont get kicked im wondering how people deal with healing people whilst having other on you the whole time should I reforge all my stats the haste to try and get a faster flash of light?
    I also would like to know if there is a point where I will start to notice resi? I currently only have the crafted gear (3K resi/ 49% damage reduction) and I am getting pretty much 4 shot in most fights does it get easier to take damage in a noticeable way?.
    Last edited by MagicMert; 2012-11-02 at 02:11 PM.
    "We are not in Azeroth anymore"
    *1 months later*
    "We are back in Azeroth"

Deleted
    I've not rolled holy this expansion but i was holy in the 2 previous and all i can tell you is, expect to be targeted as a healer, especially if the other team know what they're doing. Hunter and warrior damage is insane so don't worry too much about those on you as they can tear a part most players. Try bg's with guild members on TS or such so when you get targeted you can have someone help to CC. I'd suggest the talent that switches out hammer of justice to the fist stun as you can use it more often and hence use it when being targeted then get line of sight and over time your gear will improve your survivabilty. Also, in Bg/arena you shouldn't have to worry too much about maintaining alot of mana as you would in raids, so using the few expensive fast heals now and again can help you to survive too.

Abit offtopic perhaps;
    I tried something fun recently, i went to try out the shockadin play:> so if you want to have some fun or just fool around, this is what u want to do:>

Reforge for crit!
    gem Pvp power!
    Use the glyphs: holy shock and harsh words (& denounce preferably)

MAke a macro that uses your on use trinket, avenging wrath and divine favor, and/or holy avenger if you prefer. the burst you can do is insane. 110k holy shocks and holy prisms can be thrown out^^ and Denounce/word of glory dmg to fill out:>

Surprise factor 1000 guranteed for the enemies, killed a ret pala in 4gcds:>

Gem pvp power in blue slots and blacksmithing slots, pvp power/resilience in yellow slots, 80 int/160 power in red sockets.

I reforged for crit. (I did not reforge out of spirit)

Most important thing is to get 4pc pvp set, then two pvp trinkets (3hp casts of WoG give you 1 holy power). I don't use holy prism I used lights hammer (great for flag defense). Get speed of light, divine purpose and eternal flame. Also take a serious look into mouseover healing macros because that time it takes for you to click on a target can be easily taken away which will help you survive and keep others alive.

I sit right now at 6200+ resilience and 9200+ pvp power (with no pvp weapon or shield yet) and I've survived (with cooldowns) against up to 6 players trying to focus me down. Learn your cooldowns, learn how to roll them together, and most importantly learn other classes cooldowns so you know how to react to them.

Again, I'm surviving and keeping others up because I have the gear and I know how to utilize my cooldowns. Juking is also a HUGE thing to practice now considering there is no more resistance to spell pushback. Place beacon on yourself, blanket your bg group with eternal flame when possible and dominate.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-11-03 at 05:40 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."