Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    That may be true but every major mmo release to date has had some grindy concept implemented into it whether it be questing or not.
    Doing a quest once is not grinding. Having to do it twenty times over, with quest text saying (literally) just "there's this dude you need to kill, again" is one, however, and is an element modern games are slowly purging. Blizzard should really get a hint about that by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    Milk is white. Sky is blue. What? What are you telling me?

Because a game did something wrong in the past, doesn't mean it has to keep doing it in the future. I'm sorry if you enjoy grinding, but as can be proven by flops of recent games that tried to put everything behind a grind, most current gamers do not enjoy that sort of gameplay, and WoW should keep away from it (as virtually every game - just leave a couple for people who do enjoy it).
    So you want games to just give you stuff? What is the fun in that?

Urgh so sick of the pandering to PVPers this expansion, they keep making changes that have a knock on effect in PVE which they then have to tweak which then breaks pvp which then has to be changed which affects PVE..... and on and on and on.

The sooner they separate PVP and PVE skills the better, may take time but i can't see it being overly hard to make each skill scale differently in PVP, hell they already do it with CC length.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggasson View Post
    So you want games to just give you stuff? What is the fun in that?
    I LIKE DAILYS SO MUCH THAT I AM GONNA DO ALOT BUT I WANT TO FORCE OTHER PEOPLE TO DO WHAT THEY HATE.

Nobody was asking for "free epix". I don't know where have you been but if you look at hundred of topics and people actually gave solutions and constructive feedback.

If you like dailys that's cool, but people want different methods of getting reps such as tabard to run dungeons and give it cap on how much reps you can get each day.

But, judging on your comment feels like pouring water down to the sewer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DKissodead View Post
    I LIKE DAILYS SO MUCH THAT I AM GONNA DO ALOT BUT I WANT TO FORCE OTHER PEOPLE TO DO WHAT THEY HATE.

Nobody was asking for "free epix". I don't know where have you been but if you look at hundred of topics and people actually gave solutions and constructive feedback.

If you like dailys that's cool, but people want different methods of getting reps such as tabard to run dungeons and give it cap on how much reps you can get each day.

But, judging on your comment feels like pouring water down to the sewer.
    Why would you force people to do dailies?
    If you read his comment you can clearly see that he doesnt want to work for his stuff, he just want them. Hundreds of topics ha? *cough* 10 million subscribers *cough*
    I dont like dailies, unless i am in a group with friends and on skype. (If it isnt fun you have to make it fun).
    Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Urgh so sick of the pandering to PVPers this expansion, they keep making changes that have a knock on effect in PVE which they then have to tweak which then breaks pvp which then has to be changed which affects PVE..... and on and on and on.

The sooner they separate PVP and PVE skills the better, may take time but i can't see it being overly hard to make each skill scale differently in PVP, hell they already do it with CC length.
    Not sure if you've been watching, but WoW PvP streams bring in the vast majority of the total WoW viewers. Obviously not a standard to measure by, but WoW PvP is huge. Treating it like a burden is really ignorant, as it's likely to be a primary reason for just as many subscribers as hardcore raiding is.

Deleted
    Playing mistweaver myself I think this is a fair nerf. From my point of view it will make the healing difference more even, cause it was needed in 25man raids but not 10man, and I think blizz did that pretty well, so it would only hit mistweavers in 25man raids.

Also having Renewing mist ticking every 2nd second will give them abit more tank healing, which is another thing that's good for 10man raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggasson View Post
    Why would you force people to do dailies?
    If you read his comment you can clearly see that he doesnt want to work for his stuff, he just want them. Hundreds of topics ha? *cough* 10 million subscribers *cough*
    I dont like dailies, unless i am in a group with friends and on skype. (If it isnt fun you have to make it fun).
    Why is that?
    Not all of those 10 million players are U.S sub. And, hundred of topics is alot of forum goers.
    Blizzard refuse to give second option on reps grinding because they know if they do, people will not do dailys.
    Dailys are boring and it is a simple fact that majortiy hates them.
    In before "HOW DO YOU KNOW PEOPLE HATE DAILYs". Read second sentence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    of course it is a nerf. it heals for the same amount, just every 2 seconds, but on one target less = 25% less healing from ReM. now you will heal 25% less targets with uplift, what means 25% less. Now note that those 2 spells are 60-70% of the total healing of a MW in any heavy damage encounter. the other significant amount is from the mw mastery, which is cut to half.

So summing up, it will be around a 20% nerf to our AoE healing, what might even be OK, compared to other healers. The problem is that they even nerf single target healing, increasing the mana cost of Surging mists and soothing mists.

the haste buff will mean almost nothing to our aoe healing, while being another hit to our single target efficiency.

MW has no working smart heals (chi wave is slow and buggy as hell, ReM is slow also not making it reliable as a group or smart heal)
    MW has no working group heals
    MW has no efficient single target heal
    MW has no working single target CD
    MW can only do what they are doing right now, spamming aoe like crazy coz is the only thing they can do, when all the encounters are designed to be a fucking AoE fest when it comes to healing.

I would welcome the aoe nerf if compensated with some single target useful tools :/
    Just pointing out that soothing mists mana cost has been reduced, not increased. On live it's 1% of base mana, it got reduced to 0.66667% in a previous ptr build, and now it's been put to 0.726%, so still more than a 25% mana cost reduction compared to live: it's a freaking buff.
    But I guess it's more fun to just look at this build's nerfs without taking into account the previous buffs.

Deleted
    Seems like quite a nerf to healing Monks whereas Priests have just had a large buff. This illistrates just how far apart these classes were at launch and why Ive lost any faith in Blizzards ability to balance this game. I no longer belive they know what they are doing.

Deleted
    Seems like Blizzard don't give a f*ck about Rogues...wake the f*ck up please.

It was fun healing on my Mistweaver while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxiD View Post
    Seems like Blizzard don't give a f*ck about Rogues...wake the f*ck up please.
    In Blizzard's eye "Rogues are fine"... Nothing we can do about it unfortunately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    In Blizzard's eye "Rogues are fine"... Nothing we can do about it unfortunately.
    Hope there will be something in near future.

Rogues – We think that Rogue damage in PvP is appropriate—the damage that some other classes are dealing is too high, and we want to adjust those cases before we do any tinkering elsewhere. We still like the Rogue suite of tools and abilities, but we feel like some of these mechanics might have been eclipsed by newer, shinier versions. We are looking at improving Rogue mobility and control in conservative ways.

Wakener (New) Become an honorary Klaxxi Paragon by completing the achievements listed below. Title Reward: the Wakener. 10 points.
    Best news ever!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's the deal with all 489 honor and other quest rewards for Spell DPS being hit+crit? Well, not all but the majority? Seems like they were just lazy! How about some hit+mastery or haste+mastery items that are easily attainable. We have a handful of pieces but it just seems like there's WAY more crit items in MSV and from rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    btw "Shard of Pirouetting Happiness" = Sha of happiness.

Sorry if someone pointed this out already

Is it just me, or are ez-solo classes going to have a much easier time getting the world first for rare brawl monsters?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebirthdid View Post
    Playing mistweaver myself I think this is a fair nerf. From my point of view it will make the healing difference more even, cause it was needed in 25man raids but not 10man, and I think blizz did that pretty well, so it would only hit mistweavers in 25man raids.

Also having Renewing mist ticking every 2nd second will give them abit more tank healing, which is another thing that's good for 10man raiding.
    That is ridiculously far from my point.

My point was that they should cause spells to react differently in PVP than they do in PVE, it has been shown they can do this (i.e reduction of CC in PVP and different scaling of damage), this change would SIGNIFICANTLY increase the quality of life of both PVE and PVPers as things can be adjusted for one side of the coin and not affect the other.

BM burst is far too high in PVP but its fine for PVE? Dial it down in PVP and leave PVE the way it is.
    Druid Heals OP in PVP but lacking in PVE? Nerf the PVP side of it and buff it for PVE.

Not saying its a quick fire solution, but it will solve a lot of issues as currently changing a spell due to problems in one side (PVP/PVE) has knock on effects to the other side, which we seem to be seeing more of this expansion for some reason (I.e BM being way too OP in PVP but being in a decent place in PVE, but will now likely be underpowered in PVE due to a change made for PVP purposes).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    Just pointing out that soothing mists mana cost has been reduced, not increased. On live it's 1% of base mana, it got reduced to 0.66667% in a previous ptr build, and now it's been put to 0.726%, so still more than a 25% mana cost reduction compared to live: it's a freaking buff.
    But I guess it's more fun to just look at this build's nerfs without taking into account the previous buffs.

You are right, I missed that one. But anyway, they could remove the mana cost entirely and the spell still would be unreliable as a chi generator, which is what monks miss more when coming to tank healing.