10+ Year Old Account

No more 3 sec Pyro?

Am I reading that right? *hesitant dance*

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Am I reading that right? *hesitant dance*
    reading what?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    reading what?
    He's asking if the 3s CD to Pyro is still in the works for 5.1, and the answer is no. GC said they weren't going to push it either due to them realizing its a stupid idea or by all the QQ.

Now what im curious about is did they also scrap the Invocation change also??.. cause its a pita trying to get a full 40s off the pull and trying to work in a full evo every 40 seconds is stupid when you just have to get back to full mana to refresh the 25% dmg.

I'm wondering if combustion change is still in play.. because on PTR, it is, which allows for some insane burst.

They reduced the stun of deep to 4 sec and I think decided that it was enough of a nerf. I agree, we are not seeing fire mages anywhere in pvp anyway. Good change. I am pissed off about them changing invocation back to what it was tho, I think they couldn't get it to work properly

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    They could have made it so that the 40 second buff didn't start to tick down until you actually started to cast a spell. You would still have to complete it, but it would make boss pulling easier for pre-potting.

They probably reversed the Invo change because it was what they were doing t compensate for the Pyro change, and when they realized that it wasn't needed they reversed that as well. That's just my guess, but it seems likely as the two changes came relatively close to each other and are both being reversed now.

It would have been an ice QoL buff but that's about it. Be happy that you aren't getting a CD anymore and move on.

Thanks to Jesus, Mary and Moses!

Deleted
    I want blast wave back

Deleted
    If they did reverse Pyro, what about the Combustion change?

Deleted
    Yup they got rid of it, too many mages qqing about it lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    They reduced the stun of deep to 4 sec and I think decided that it was enough of a nerf. I agree, we are not seeing fire mages anywhere in pvp anyway.(
    Fire mages are still solid in PvP, just so you know.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Spoils/simple just as one example

The invocation reversion was mostly because it made mages retardedly OP and removed the skillcap from the class.

A mark of a superior mage is uptime of the buff and knowing when to evocate to ensure maximum uptime during burn / execute / burst phases in PVE.

The change also made it insanely powerful in PVP, because you could just channel evo for a second or two to regain or refresh the buff, ensuring more or less 100% uptime even if you were being trained.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    The invocation reversion was mostly because it made mages retardedly OP and removed the skillcap from the class.

A mark of a superior mage is uptime of the buff and knowing when to evocate to ensure maximum uptime during burn / execute / burst phases in PVE.

The change also made it insanely powerful in PVP, because you could just channel evo for a second or two to regain or refresh the buff, ensuring more or less 100% uptime even if you were being trained.
    It still would have been nice if they made it so the change to invocation still worked out of combat to help with pre-pot. If it was still a problem they could just disable it in pvp as well. It gets really annoying when the tanks pulls just as you start to evocate.

Well this is retarded. I want my immune to immobilizing effects back on my warrior.

Last time I checked (like 2 days ago), combustion was still ticking for a 100% of ignite, while pyro had no CD. Wonder if that's just temporary..

Quote Originally Posted by Falled09 View Post
    Well this is retarded. I want my immune to immobilizing effects back on my warrior.
    As soon as you lose the ability to one shot people whom are resilience capped, you can have it back.

Removing the CD was great, the idea that players were machine gunning pyroblasts at a perpetually frozen target was one established purely in the realm of fantasy.