Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Eeeeexcept for the one fact that I have time and time again been able to need on armor pieces, and other items not set for my class or spec for that matter. So them not being able to avoid set bugs rather negates said stance imo (and I´m not talking about being in a full guild group obviously).
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

If you don't need the item, don't press need. Considering nearly everyone is nice enough to do so, I don't have to point people on this during runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    But is it ok when everyone in the group is hitting need? Thats what usually happens, i see everyone hit need, so i do the same.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 07:00 PM ----------

No not really on any green items, just the lockboxes.
    And what's the difference between a green item and a lockbox, apart from the 40g in it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a few things that needs to be kept in mind:

1) The gear needs have evolved;

Druids used to have to maintain multiple sets of gear... Now, most people do. If you look at your 'offspec' as being part of your overall character (and you should), needing for offspec isn't a non-no.

2) The social dynamic in randoms is totally different.

I need on everything I can. It's a preemptive strike against ninja looting. I let everyone in the group know that, at the end of the run, I'll be more than happy to trade/give away whatever I didn't actually need. This encourages people to stick around, and it ensures that you don't get ninja'd by someone that's actually being a dick. It's basically single-run DKP.

3) There is stuff that no one needs, or that everyone needs equally.

We should all be needing on EVERYTHING in the lockbox category- otherwise, you're just contributing to potential drama. The baseline behavior should be to roll need.

4) The whole discussion is silly in a game where you can go from dinging max level to full epic in a week.

Loot is so very fucking cheap, time-and-effort-wise, that no one really has the right to bitch about anything.

5) Last one here... It's a waste of your, and everyone else's, time being buttsore over loot in a video game.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 06:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    And what's the difference between a green item and a lockbox, apart from the 40g in it?
    The fact that no one ever actually 'needs' a lockbox?
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    I need on everything I can. It's a preemptive strike against ninja looting. I let everyone in the group know that, at the end of the run, I'll be more than happy to trade/give away whatever I didn't actually need. This encourages people to stick around, and it ensures that you don't get ninja'd by someone that's actually being a dick. It's basically single-run DKP.
    You do realize this makes you part of the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    The fact that no one ever actually 'needs' a lockbox?
    What about you don't actually "need" on the lockbox, but on the 40g and a random green in it. At least, that's how I look at lockboxes.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2012-11-02 at 11:01 PM.

Fuck, take them. I never get those things open. I usually hit pass but sometimes I forget and greed and actually end up with them. I shove them in the guild bank where they proceed to sit and have no one open them for several more weeks.

Deleted
    i always greed on them (except LFR since someone needs them there always).
    and if someone in the group needed on it i need on others that drop also.

most of the time people greed on lockboxes though.

10+ Year Old Account
    If everyone is hitting need, then no. If you wait until everyone else greeds and then you hit need, I'd say yeah. Not really worth getting upset over but still kinda dickish.

It's the same kind of thing with the way Frozen Orbs were treated when LFD was first implemented. As long as everyone is on the same page, it doesn't matter what you're hitting.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I think it's ninjaing unless someone else has already hit need. In raid finder go ahead and hit need because SOMEBODY else is going to, in dungeons I just check the loot rolls, greed if everyone else does, need if someone tries to ninja and reroll with those that hit greed if I win.

Blizzard needs to just remove the Need/Greed system, and replace it with a "Want / Pass" system. If you can use it correctly (say, plate on a Dk, but not cloth on a Druid) then you can hit the dice (want) button or pass. Everything else that isn't BoP gear has a coin button (want) and a pass button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you usually hit need on items like this?
    No, it's not a ninja since you can roll on it. No, I never roll need on stuff like this. Something like rolling 'need' on a lockbox is exactly the sort of thing I'll automatically agree to kick on though. And I rarely agree to kick.

Although with that said if they eliminated need/greed rolls for items like this that would be better for everyone.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    in cross realm dungeons, usually everyone hits need anyway.
    So many people use this line as an excuse. You, sir, are a ninja and quite the forum troll from all I've seen.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

If people wait for everyone else to greed then hit need it's not really a ninja, just a dick move. If everyone is hitting need it's whatever. Personally in most of my group everyone just greeds on greens/lockboxes.

I don't know what that box is...But yes. Yes it is, unless you agreed on it ahead of time with your group.

But is it ok when everyone in the group is hitting need? Thats what usually happens, i see everyone hit need, so i do the same.
    1) You see anyone else hit need so you hit need: you're not a ninja
    2) You see everyone hit greed and you hit need: you're a ninja
    3) You don't look what the other people do and you hit need: you're a ninja
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Maybe, but I pass on every lockbox I see because I never bother to open them anyway so I wouldn't care. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    i only need on items if its upgrade for me , greed on greens/boxes/other junk, whats with everyone being a dick now an needing on everything ?!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Technically it's not ninja'ing. Do I think it is? Sure. You're depriving the rest of the group the chance at a piece of vendor loot and some extra gold
    I thought the "rule" for items such as this was "Everyone needs to avoid anyone getting shafted". Of course, this is from the same player driven rulebook which states "MS before OS"....not everyone follows that one either.

EJL

What really peeves me is when a rogue needs it 'because he can open it' as if that meant he should have it above all others.

If you were the only one needing it, I'd probably consider it ninja looting, but I wouldn't make a fuss about it. It's a stupid lockbox anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm, I usually pass on them... sooo I dont consider it stealing (from me).

but I think its common to 'greed' it... instead of 'need' it.
    yet.