About the MoP Legendary

What i know about it is that I upgrade a Sha Touched weapon to the legendary weapon via a quest in the end.

The question is, does it matter what weapon version it is ? (Raid Finder, Normal, Heroic)

Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    What i know about it is that I upgrade a Sha Touched weapon to the legendary weapon via a quest in the end.

The question is, does it matter what weapon version it is ? (Raid Finder, Normal, Heroic)
    No it doesn't matter what version, but if you gem it then want to gem another weapon it'll cost you 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    No it doesn't matter what version, but if you gem it then want to gem another weapon it'll cost you 10k.
    I never expect to kill the final boss of the tier on heroic cuz my guild im raiding with is amazing :P so had to ask

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter. You'll have to run normal (maybe heroic) to upgrade it all the way to legendary, though.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, we don't know anything about the legendary weapons or how they'll be obtained. Anything anyone tells you about them is pure speculation.

It's probably safe to assume that the legendary will correspond to the level of the weapon it starts as, but that's still just guessing.

15+ Year Old Account
    We know nothing at the moment. For all we know, the very end could be the same as this tier, we just keep upgrading the gem, and in the end the gems increase the main stat by 1000 and have a 5,000 stat proc which would put any sha-touched socketed weapon on par with a legendary of that tier. The only thing that's separated every legendary from its tier is a proc that goes beyond the normal stats of a weapon of the same tier. Some of the legendaries have been slightly higher ilvl, some have been the same ilvl as the heroic gear of that tier.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2012-12-05 at 09:02 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Doesn't matter. You'll have to run normal (maybe heroic) to upgrade it all the way to legendary, though.
    I wouldn't be surprised if you can do it in LFR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Were there not datamined item IDs from the beta that had the same legendary with LFR, norm, and heroic versions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    Were there not datamined item IDs from the beta that had the same legendary with LFR, norm, and heroic versions?
    The only thing about the weapons I can remember being datamined was the icons (which are only silhouettes).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that it continues on the path that it's on now. But instead a new gem you add a new helm, blade or other piece one step at a time until the legendary is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Ijoemomma View Post
    I hope that it continues on the path that it's on now. But instead a new gem you add a new helm, blade or other piece one step at a time until the legendary is complete.
    Why would you add a helm to your weapon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Why would you add a helm to your weapon?
    It's a Helm Socket. You can fit a helm in your sword, so that enemies will be confused and attack the weapon instead of you. Excellent for tanking, but you should have some repair Bot near you so you can repair multiple times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Protection, duh.
    read it again, awesome