Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I need on lockboxes only when somebody else does it, if 4ppl greeds, ill also greed
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No, especially since only you can use it. I don't ask when only I can use it, but I will say "taking for OS"
    I usually ask and watch to see if anybody rolls need being that it is my OS. Figured nobody could use anyway and nobody would mind. Since I opened the loot window I can see who rolls what and will wait on OS gear to see if anybody needs. If someone needs I'll greed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just what groups are you going with? I do dungeons every day on more than one character (tank/dps on one, heals on another), nevermind leveling dungeons and I have yet to see anyone needing on all of the lockboxes or greens. It's so rare that most of the time the group is flabbergasted that anyone did roll need.
    Don't worry Dars, I don't see people do it either. The last time I can remember anyone "needing" on a lockbox in a LFD group one of the other pugs in group yelled "He's needing on lockboxes, kick him!"...and they did.

I really don't care either way. Obviously they must be in a worse way than me if they really do NEED the contents of that lockbox.

Deleted
    Not needing is the error that creates the problem.
    If everyone selects greed it's the same as everyone selecting need
    advocating for greed is advocating for inviting drama

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i very rarely see anyone need on the lockbox. except somtimes rogues at low level but i see that as perfectly acceptable. i have never needed one, and tbh im not sure i even follow who wins. i just hit greed and then if i notice a lockbox later i send it to me BS to unlock. maybe you only see people need it because you need it first?

Deleted
    Technically it's not ninja'ing. Do I think it is? Sure. You're depriving the rest of the group the chance at a piece of vendor loot and some extra gold
    How so? just turn /loot on and you see what the others roll and can roll need too...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Yeah i once got 3 more lockboxes from a single lockbox. It was pretty amazing
    The current record in my guild is 7 in a row.

When I Lockpick for people I always sneak a peak in the box and if there is a lock box in it, just pick that one and give them the new one (keeping the gold from the first).

What can I say? My goblin rogue is a thief

I wait until I see if everyone else has needed or greeded and do the same. If some tool needs on something like a lockbox, I'll need as well.

Was in LFR a few days ago and one out of 25 people "needed" on a lockbox. Subsequently, that guy got kicked from the raid.

Don't know what to tell you. Maybe in your circle of friends it's common. When I run LFD and LFR, people almost always greed on all greens including lockboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I frequently tank on my paladin to get off spec gear and to get the satchel of exotic mysteries. (i have found several rare mini pets, and also the green proto drake from this bag).

Anyway, whenever I tank a dungeon, for various reasons, I always always hit "need" whenever i see a Ghost Iron Lockbox drop.

Ghost Iron Lockbox

Would you consider this a "ninja"? I dont think it is because of the ability to need in the first place, and in cross realm dungeons, usually everyone hits need anyway. Do you usually hit need on items like this?
    I also tank on my monk, while healing is my Mainspec to get the satchels and the money making pets haha. But as far as the lockboxes go it's not like they drop AMAZING loot. so nah, go ahead and need away. I'll just make sure to need as well when i see you in a 5 man ;D

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I usually pass on those They usually either end up rotting in my bank or getting vendored. Better to just let someone who may actually bother to open it take it.

In all fairness? Yes, it's ninjaing. In my eyes? Eh, I'm a blacksmith who can open them. Rogues can open them. I think these people should be able to roll need, but not anyone who can't open them on the character they are playing.
    Bleh

You know, I havent seen anyone hit need on those in a long time, I hit greed on that and the greens that drop if we dont have a d/e and while i dont think its being a ninja, I think its a douche bag move..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why they even have the need option available. It should just be greed or pass for a lockbox.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Like with the Battered Hilt, and other expensive/rare items that drop that are classless, you normally roll need on. You do this for protection, as too many will automatically roll need anyway. Rest assured you may get bothered to no end for the item if you win (I wish folks would just stop the harassment over loot, be it in dungeons and raids...it's not like they'll never see another one again).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

To actually Ninja something, you have to have control of the masterloot, or straight up take it off the boss if its on free for all. If its a roll its never "Ninja" looting people just call it that cause they dont actually know what it is, kind of like "troll".

Deleted
    Since rogues dont need lockboxes to skill anything anymore i think everyone can need lockboxes imo

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a ninja and I would probably vote kick you. Just like I vote kick all the brazilians needing on greens.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    To actually Ninja something, you have to have control of the masterloot, or straight up take it off the boss if its on free for all. If its a roll its never "Ninja" looting people just call it that cause they dont actually know what it is, kind of like "troll".
    Having master loot gives you the right to take anything that would be why it is called master loot, and well free for all is pretty self explanatory as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    With items like that I prefer to just go with whatever everybody else is going with. Nobody "needs" it, and if you're just needing it while others greed it then you're just stealing fair game for everybody.

I would say it's ninja'ing, but in it's least offensive form. It will get a few frowns and grumbles but nothing serious.