Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    If you pulled that stunt on me, OP, I would immediately drop group based on principle alone. If you don't need something, you don't need roll on it. Considering I play healers and you apparently roll as a tank, well, I doubt you'd be too happy when I dropped group in the middle of a big pull. Scumbag antics demand scumbag responses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    3) You don't look what the other people do and you hit need: you're a ninja
    Except that in the time spent stopping every time a piece of bullshit loot that no one/everyone needs to search out what everyone else rolled, you could have ran enough extra dungeon for 3 more drops.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    If you pulled that stunt on me, OP, I would immediately drop group based on principle alone. If you don't need something, you don't need roll on it. Considering I play healers and you apparently roll as a tank, well, I doubt you'd be too happy when I dropped group in the middle of a big pull. Scumbag antics demand scumbag responses.
    The fact that everyone doesn't just hit 'need' on them is asinine to begin with- the fact that you're gonna punish 3 people for the act of one makes it twice as stupid. The fact that the tank will be rolling 'Need' on the next one before you're even back into the queue makes it three times as stupid.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

it's really an oversight on blizzard's part, they should only be greedable. until then, i'll keep rolling need.

Since the last thread was locked since you started it so soon after this one, I'll just reply here. I hit need on everything I can until someone calls me out on it or I get kicked. When I'm called out I just say oops my bad, so used to hitting need and then just greed roll the rest of the way. That way I get some guaranteed money out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    For this one, I just see what other people roll.

Which is my rule of thumb for everything I don't need :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I guess it depends on whether you wait until everyone else rolls "Greed" and then hit "Need" or if you're the first person to roll (therefore affording the others the opportunity to win it)
    l SIGNATURES: CLOSED l WALLPAPERS: CLOSED l

l DEVIANT ART l READ 1st POST l MY TUTORIAL l TUMBLR l

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Not needing is the error that creates the problem.
    If everyone selects greed it's the same as everyone selecting need
    advocating for greed is advocating for inviting drama
    ^^This.^^

In public groups treat the group as they're folks on the street you'll never see again (as you won't).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Back on topic, i need or pass. There is no greed unless it's an item i need for an alt but it's of the wrong armor type (such as at lower levels where itemization is a lot less free). I'd expect other people to do the same. The only time i go against this is when the rest of the group have actually proven they're also fine with need/greed/pass being used as it was intended (usually, you can tell after the first few green drops or the first boss). I'll pass if someone else really needs and it's just an unsure decision for me, but if we both need, i'll encourage them to and then say gz if they get it. I generally pass on lockboxes as i can't be bothered to get them unlocked (and i could never be bothered to level my rogues lockpicking or such).
    Lockpicking levels automatically with your rogue, been that way for a few years now.

Deleted
    I always ninja drops I can roll on for disenchanting as long as nobody needs it as an upgrade. I dont even feel guilty.

Deleted
    I won it many time on greed, so I guess thats what majority do. Selecting need on that is basicly like selecting neeed on some green crap, so yeah ninja, harmless ,but still ninja.

i usually get over 65g and 2-3 greens i can sell for 150g each from lockboxes.
    No I don't consider it Ninja tactics.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need it.

So none does, which means you should click the other option. Ninja? no, but a bad behaviour, nothing terrible of course, it's just a green item anyways