Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Outland Revisited in New Expansion

What would you like to see done to Outland / reworked when they revisit outland for the Argus Expansion? The questing is already pretty streamlined, and the quests flow from zone to zone pretty well. So what changes to the landscape, or what things would you like added to the world?

What kind of things would you like to see in Argus? How would we get there from Azeroth, or would we have to enter another dark portal in Zangarmarsh to get to Argus?

Deleted
    What makes you think we will return to that crumbling rock? Burning Legion themed perhaps but re-using old zones that I quite frankly never wanna see again is terrible

They'd really have to rebuild it extremely well so people don't cry, "Rehash! Rehash! Look at how lazy Blizzard is!" like they did for Cata.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    the funny thing is, people cried because things where not redone and wanted to go back to the old world. Then they bitched because blizzard actually did it. The community does not know what they want but they will bitch about anything they get and continue to play despite this.

That said, I think a revist to "Some" of outland would be ok, maybe reuseing shattrath as a stageing point for united horde and aliance travel through the other portals in outland such as the ones in Zangra, blades edge, and nagrand.

No just no.... Its bad enough by the end of MoP WoW is going to feel so dumb when
    you level up, but if they do this it will make it wrost. Why do I say this?

(Horde Side) after MOP
    - We will enter Org have a new leader.
    - Quest 1-60 and all we you hear about is "Garrosh" and Cataclysm
    - Goto Outland Hear about alliance and horde joining to fight legion
    - Goto Northern hear about how we need to beat the lich king and how we hate
    the oppisite faction, and Thrall still being our leader
    - Go to Cataclysm areas and heard about Deathwing and see Garrosh and horde
    fighting allaince
    - Goto MoP and have horde fighting Alliance
    - Goto New area and now we dethrone Garrosh and are budys with Allaince.

Very confusing. (using harry potter books) this is how it would feel as a reader.

You read in this order
    - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (CATA)
    - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Next expansion)
    - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (WOTLK)
    (with some refences to Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone) (Vanilla)
    - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (back to this book) (CATA)
    - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (back to this book) (MOP)
    - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (back to this book)(Next expansion)

I mean migth as well just get rid of the leveling lore because right now its all over the place
    when you level a toon.

Right now I already feel like im in a "Back to the Future" game when I got from
    1-60 (Present) to 60-80 (Past) back to 80-90 (Present) It will become a 1-60 (close past)
    to 60-70 (Present) 70-80 (Far Past) to 80-85 (close past) to 85-90 (Closer past) then
    90-XX (Present)

I say just keep going no point in changing old content besides increase exp given, or
    reduce exp needed to level.

As long as it's not Hellfire Peninsula. I hate Hellfire. Zangarmarsh would be more than acceptable though. :'D I love the giant glowy mushrooms.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Revisited? No leave it alone lets just go to the so called ''Argus'' besides I'm sure whole re-hash thing isn't exactly accepted through out the community

While it might be connected to outland, I doubt they'll actually reuse that content, except maybe shat, as a previous poster mentioned. They might build out from it though, maybe a new zone off the map by netherstorm? /shrug

I would be extremely disappointed if they trash BC content, I still like to go back and run that stuff for old time sake . . . kinda like I did the old vanilla stuff they took away

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I think getting to Argus would require us to atleast go through outland unless the alliance or horde posess a means to open portals to argus. As far as I know, Gul'daan, Ner'zhul, and Medhiev where the only figures capable of opening the portals aside from the legion its self.

Maybe if Illidan does return as some speculations seems to point to this as a posibility, he might open a portal for us.

Deleted
    doubt that they will reuse all that, more likely to see places in outland we have not yet seen

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard heard long ago about players disgust of Outland. Returning to it will sour too many players.

Outland to me is like ToC to others...dislike Day-Glo worlds (let alone that male space goat laugh...should be able to silence it!). It's not the world you start in that resembles a fantasy MMORPG, it's not even a dream, it's a nightmare.

Shoo!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I would hope that they would not revamp anything in Outland. My only request is to lower the quest level requirements so that I could go to Nagrand at lvl 60, SMV at 64, etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Revisited? No leave it alone lets just go to the so called ''Argus'' besides I'm sure whole re-hash thing isn't exactly accepted through out the community
    You should see the thread where i got hammered by wow fanboys of rehashed content. They surely do love their rehashed content.

Not all of what i am suggesting is rehashed. Yes Outland would be rehashed to make sense moving into Argus, or as an intro. The quest flow is already there, perhaps just changes some of the quest text to make sense in going to Argus to fight the burning legion.

Deleted
    An old titanic vault was torn away from the planet when it exploded. It took some time for it to power up the emergency systems and arrive back at Draenor's remnants. It used up all of its remaining power to re-collect the pieces into something resembling a planet, while sending a signal to the Titans to finish the deal. Old zones are often revitalised (Hellfire through efforts of druids, Netherstorm thanks to the Ethereals, while Shadowmoon is only slightly less hellish) and new ones crop up around the old ones, revealing more about the planet's ancient past and the origins of the Arakkoa and Ogres.

Argus. Home of the dreanei crashing into outlands. Yes plox!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    the funny thing is, people cried because things where not redone and wanted to go back to the old world. Then they bitched because blizzard actually did it. The community does not know what they want but they will bitch about anything they get and continue to play despite this.

That said, I think a revist to "Some" of outland would be ok, maybe reuseing shattrath as a stageing point for united horde and aliance travel through the other portals in outland such as the ones in Zangra, blades edge, and nagrand.
    Probably because there are 10 million different people? Just a wild guess, but it could be possible that the people complaining about one thing, arent the same ones who complain about another thing.

Deleted
    The thing is that in Cataclysm the remodeled zones were not the current content. It was still 1-60. If they're redoing Outland I think it will be for 60-70, not for 90-95 or whatever. They are not going to make the new zones be old zones.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Outland is fine as it is, don't screw it thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.. enough rehashed, revisiting and all that. NEW CONTENT.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    No.. enough rehashed, revisiting and all that. NEW CONTENT.
    TBC = New Content, brand new continent

WotLK = New Content, brand new continent

Cataclysm = New Content regions PLUS remodeled and revisited old content

MoP = New Content, brand new continent

Shut up.