Where's the Affliction love?

Just read the new notes, and was excited about Kiljadens Cunning for the changes I had heard about, and now I see it's a nerf instead of removing the penalty for casting while moving.
    You have the forums on fire about Destro being OP and they get a new ability (Cataclysm), and Affliction isn't even mentioned.
    I'm not someone who comes on here and QQ's about my class, but wow, nothing? Our self heals are reduced in MoP which was a major contributor in our ability to survive while dots ramped up, we lost a fear, and shadowbolt and really what have we gained? 10 stacks on agony, MG, and unending resolve that makes my life easier for 8 seconds every 3 minutes.
    I understand it is my choice to play affliction, and I have for about 6 years. I love the playstyle, but it seems like the class is getting to the point if your not playing destro your just crap now.

I see it this way:

Aff = Raiding
    Destro = PVP
    Demo = Leveling

Destro is good for raiding as well but I don't get the same satisfaction from casting a 300k cb on a boss as I do when I knock someones hp down 50% in pvp.
    Demo is good for leveling because of the survivability. I can pull ~10-15 mobs and still be over 50%hp.
    Affliction is good for raiding because of the high damage output. Stack dots, cast haunt, MG until haunt is over. rinse and repeat.

Now I could be wrong about all of this because by no means am I even close to pro. This is just personal opinion.

So in conclusion - Do I think AFF needs some work? Not really. It's great in some scenarios. I havnt played other classes yet, but warlocks are very scenario based.

10+ Year Old Account
    kil'jaeden's cunning with the cast speed reduction AND the Movement speed reduction at 10% was too weak.

kil'jaeden's cunning with no cast speed reduction, but retaining the Movement speed reduction at 10% was too strong.

kil'jaeden's cunning with no cast speed reduction AND the Movement speed reduction increased 15% makes it a little more comparable to the rest of the tier.

5.1 is still in the PTR phase it could change again.

Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    Just read the new notes, and was excited about Kiljadens Cunning for the changes I had heard about, and now I see it's a nerf instead of removing the penalty for casting while moving.
    You have the forums on fire about Destro being OP and they get a new ability (Cataclysm), and Affliction isn't even mentioned.
    I'm not someone who comes on here and QQ's about my class, but wow, nothing? Our self heals are reduced in MoP which was a major contributor in our ability to survive while dots ramped up, we lost a fear, and shadowbolt and really what have we gained? 10 stacks on agony, MG, and unending resolve that makes my life easier for 8 seconds every 3 minutes.
    I understand it is my choice to play affliction, and I have for about 6 years. I love the playstyle, but it seems like the class is getting to the point if your not playing destro your just crap now.
    Firstly, kjc nerf is a nerf to the NEW build. It still doesn't have the cast speed reduction, just the movement speed reduction.. If it was a talent to ALWAYS be able to move and cast without any penalty it would be stupid op.

I'm not gonna justify telling you why you're so wrong saying that if you don't play destro you're crap, sure it's fun in pvp for random bgs where bads let you get off a huge cast and have next to no resil. I get that you like afflic for pvp and thats what your gripe is, but if they change anything about it it'll be nerfed for pve. We're finally in a good place for dps, those people who play destro right now won't be so happy playing it in bgs when chaos bolt is partially a dot. Lastly cataclysm is bad... and should feel bad.

PVP Afliction is a DoT DoT run spec. We cant stand toe to toe with a DK, Pally or Warrior, so we are constantly running. The ability to cast while running is amazing and helps with the weak survivability we seem to have however slowing that movement down is still like a kick in the teeth. Just feels like a weak class thats kinda screwed up right now.

*edit I think I would rather have the cast time reduced 10% as to having the movement reduced.
    Last edited by roflmfao; 2012-11-02 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    considering that affliction, at least in a pve environment, does somewhere around 15k more dps than destro on single target fights (go look at spiritbinder wol rankings), i don't see what the problem is. destro needs more love than affiction does right now. it is what it is.

Raiding wise affliction is best currently for single target and I find it very fun to play. I don't think it needs to be changed at all. Demo is completely viable and will most likely be completely necessary on certain pve fights which require add bursting. Destro is ok but it did need a little help, so there is no reason to QQ about it getting help........PVP is a completely different game and as always its almost impossible for the blizzard team to make each and every spec viable for both pvp and pve. pvp has always and will always be a play the best possible spec. If your not good at it then oh well. I don't think they should cater to anyone's desire to be op and they don't which is why this game is still relevant. Like any xpac they need time to balance and things will start to get on a level playing field. Skill is the most important thing.

Quote Originally Posted by helheim View Post
    considering that affliction, at least in a pve environment, does somewhere around 15k more dps than destro on single target fights (go look at spiritbinder wol rankings), i don't see what the problem is. destro needs more love than affiction does right now. it is what it is.
    As a note spiritbinder is the absolute worst fight to look at rankings on regardless of class/spec. The only person the log is correct for on that fight is the person who took the log. The combatlog doesn't report the events of people outside of your realm.

There's no real pure single target fight in any of the raids out so far, unless you want to look at normal feng, but even then you're missing out on the whole heroic population.