Poll: Would you like to see 2-3 more classes than new playable races in the next WoW expans

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    No. I haven´t even gotten into playing a monk yet (probably will happen late in the expansion) and I never liked deathknight. I prefer new races above new classes for now.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol they have enough problems getting 1 new class in line with the other upon release, 2 or 3 would be disatorous. just my opinion obviously
    \

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    An expansion has to have either races or classes - there has to be some big, new, shiny stuff to market the expansion around, and "more dailies" ain't that.

You're definitely not getting Demon Hunters, as they're pretty much consumed by demonology warlocks by now. There is no unique mechanics current Demon Hunter lore can bring to the game and inventing new one from scratch would just make calling them Demon Hunters pointless.

Conclusion of my old, detailed analysis of potential future classes: bard, ranger, tinker. I would describe them all in detail (and how I got there) but that's no place or time for that.
    Ranger=Hunter without a pet, Tinker would be available to what? 2 races, 4 maybe (Gnome, Goblin, Dwarf? Undead?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Ranger=Hunter without a pet, Tinker would be available to what? 2 races, 4 maybe (Gnome, Goblin, Dwarf? Undead?)
    My Ranger class was more of a "magical archer". It'd merge the basic ideas of WC3 units like Priestess of the Moon or Shadow Hunter. Most races have no barrier against being able to use tinkers - with exceptions for night elves and tauren which seem rather opposed to advanced technology. Humans or Orcs would just have to be taught by gnomes and goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I can names too but what I mean is that mechanically, how different can it really be from a rogue or warrior for example.
    Demon Hunters use magic, but Rogues and Warriors don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    My Ranger class was more of a "magical archer". It'd merge the basic ideas of WC3 units like Priestess of the Moon or Shadow Hunter. Most races have no barrier against being able to use tinkers - with exceptions for night elves and tauren which seem rather opposed to advanced technology. Humans or Orcs would just have to be taught by gnomes and goblins.
    Fair enough on the Ranger bit, the Tinker still sounds like a bit of a stretch. Honestly though I wouldn't Rule out Demon Hunters just yet, I mean the reason they were so stoked to add pandaren is because people wanted them, (Demon Hunter is from what I've seen, the most requested class at the moment) and obviously a cooldown is a little bit different from a spell, Warlocks and Death Knights had Death Coil (Speaking of Death Knights, Death Pact and Raise dead are cooldowns, Unholy Aura we just got, and Death Coil is unholys RP spell, yet look at what they managed to create.)

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    Demon Hunters use magic, but Rogues and Warriors don't.
    I had figured it would be something along the lines of Death Knights:Warriors as Demon Hunters:Rogues, minus the stealth bit of course.

or similar to enh shamans without the totems with other changes
    Last edited by Wildberry; 2012-11-29 at 10:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One new specialization for every class. I've thought hard about this for a while.

Priests -> Inquisitor (Holy Damage DPS)
    Warlock -> Apoethesis (Tank)
    Mage -> Mender (Healer)

Rogue -> Combat changed to a Tank and a new Ranged DPS spec or a Duelist spec (tank)
    Druid -> Taken care of (Feral/Guardian split)
    Monk -> Firedancer (Ranged DPS. Wields bows.

Hunter -> Intrepid (Melee Tank)
    Shaman -> Earthwarden (Tank)

Warrior -> Colossus (Shield-bearing DPS)
    Paladin -> Purifier (Holy Damage Ranged DPS)
    Death Knight -> Darkmender (Healer)
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Demon Hunter
    Demon Hunter is essentially just a Hunter...
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Fair enough on the Ranger bit, the Tinker still sounds like a bit of a stretch. Honestly though I wouldn't Rule out Demon Hunters just yet, I mean the reason they were so stoked to add pandaren is because people wanted them, (Demon Hunter is from what I've seen, the most requested class at the moment) and obviously a cooldown is a little bit different from a spell, Warlocks and Death Knights had Death Coil (Speaking of Death Knights, Death Pact and Raise dead are cooldowns, Unholy Aura we just got, and Death Coil is unholys RP spell, yet look at what they managed to create.)

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 09:24 PM ----------

I had figured it would be something along the lines of Death Knights:Warriors as Demon Hunters:Rogues, minus the stealth bit of course.
    Tinker can be awesome if done properly. Bard has a lot of potential too, regardless of the old April Fools.

The thing with Demon Hunters is, everything, literally everything to do with them is taken by someone. Rogues do evasion, warlocks turn into demons of the same type they did... There is NOTHING unique left for Demon Hunters, as opposed to Death Knights who just had their Death Coil taken (because they shared it with WC2's necrolytes). All those "clues" and "hints"? Just throwing out a bone to fans of Demon Hunters and a shout out to the world's expansive lore.

At this point Demon Hunters will either be demonology warlocks who fight more in melee or won't be similar to the WC3 unit at all. I'm sorry, I liked them as well, but realistically speaking, there's no hope for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    How does that have anything to do with balance?
    The classes we have are currently unbalanced. Adding more variables to that would only increase the problem.

Yes for new race/class combos. Need a breather from another class entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    A Demon Hunter is essentially a hunter as a Death Knight is essentially just a Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    How about an expansion with neither new races or classes, and spend that development time updating the old models and balancing the current classes. i'd prefer that.
    This is what I would prefer as well.

Deleted
    geif more classes. Dont understand how people would NOT want more options. Classes become boring after a certain time.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    lol what no :P They have 0 in common except the "hunter" part in the title

The Demon Hunter is in Diablo 3, so we already got a basic idea of what that would be. If it has enough to make it an acceptable new class though...

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    The Demon Hunter is in Diablo 3, so we already got a basic idea of what that would be. If it has enough to make it an acceptable new class though...
    Demon Hunter in D3 is nothing like the Demon Hunters in Warcraft Lore.

Deleted
    I can names too but what I mean is that mechanically, how different can it really be from a rogue or warrior for example.
    Depends on what settings you want. Just remember that the typicall DH is NOT Illidan (he is half demon).

Melee combat is a given, since its iconic for that class - split this into two roles with tanking.

Range DPS? Another class using bows/cross-bows is long due, this would be perfect for DH.
    Healing? Just look at Monk Mistweavers - popped out of nothing. I'm sure there's enought creativity left in the Blizzard design team to come up with new mechanics.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    New races are fairly easy to balance.
    11 classes (34 specs) is enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    What kind of classes could you really put in that would really be different than what you have though?
    Tinkerer. WoW could use a science class.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2012-11-02 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    How about an expansion with neither new races or classes, and spend that development time updating the old models and balancing the current classes. i'd prefer that.
    agree - best idea