Stood in the Fire

Authorize log-in attempt

Just got an email from ArenaNet - haven't played GW2 since WoW: MoP launched. I use Comodo Antivirus, Adblock and No Script for Google Chrome... beware!

A log-in attempt from the following location is currently awaiting your authorization.

Address: 110.152.114.25
    City:
    Region:

This location is approximated based on information provided by your Internet Service Provider. If in doubt, deny the request and try again.

If you are certain this log-in attempt was not made by you, then someone else knows your log-in credentials and you should change your password immediately via Account Management.

For security purposes, we alert you each time your account is accessed from an unrecognized location. To authenticate this log-in attempt, please click the link below:

Need help or have questions about your Guild Wars account? Visit our support site: http://en.support.guildwars2.com/
    Thanks!
    --The ArenaNet Team
    Last edited by mercs213; 2012-11-02 at 11:06 PM.

Is there anything you'd like to say on your thread? it doesn't involve anything to discussion, you're just showing that you're prolly getting hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by mercs213 View Post
    I use Comodo Antivirus, Adblock and No Script for Google Chrome... beware!
    None of this matters when they get your information from websites like forums and guild sites.

I got this after moving and also once totally at random. I know that it means you got hacked, just have to change the password and find out I'm afraid. A friend did have all his gear taken unfortunately, so it's possible.

Deny access if it wasn't you, it will even say that sometimes for yourself. If it shows your IP, then it is just asking you to confirm your IP to log in.

If you don't have a keylogger, you either had an insanely easy password or you got phished. So change it.

You recieve that message whenever someone tries to log in from a new location. If you move accross town expect to get one, its normal just authorize and your good to go. If you recieved this message and you either havent tried to log in change your PW ASAP as chances are high someone got your account info and tried to log in. On the bright side as long as you dont authorize the location for them they cant get into your account.

You can get it on ocasion from your normal logon location particularly if your IP address rotates periodicly. If your login is blocked asking you to autorize go ahead and check your email and otherize the most recent login.
    Last edited by Merendel; 2012-11-03 at 04:11 AM.

Who is John Galt?