Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ok let's go for 2mil now!
    I can not believe how hyped I am for this game even though it has long way to go. I keep checking their kickstarter page every day hunting the net for every single small detail about it.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    getting a lot of interest and donations for a so called 'dead genre'
    Adventure gaming is far from dead. Although they don't sell multiple millions the genre still to this day delivers masterpieces.
    The Cat Lady, an indie adventure game, shook me more than these fancy praised AAA console titles last year.

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    Adventure gaming is far from dead. Although they don't sell multiple millions the genre still to this day delivers masterpieces.
    The Cat Lady, an indie adventure game, shook me more than these fancy praised AAA console titles last year.
    Actually "The Walking Dead" has sold several million copies and was extremely successful. It's just that the classic adventure where the main focus is solving puzzles isn't as popular anymore. But with a great story/world/presentation you make the game appealing to all gamers, not just hardcore adventure fans.

I just hope they'll manage to reach their stretch goals, 2 million seems a bit high.
    http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/red...exp-projection

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Actually "The Walking Dead" has sold several million copies and was extremely successful. It's just that the classic adventure where the main focus is solving puzzles isn't as popular anymore. But with a great story/world/presentation you make the game appealing to all gamers, not just hardcore adventure fans.

I just hope they'll manage to reach their stretch goals, 2 million seems a bit high.
    http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/red...exp-projection
    The Walking Dead was not actually selling that well until the VGAs where they gave them GOTY award along with other popular media and suddenly it exploded.
    I personally love games like Heavy Rain, LA Noire etc. (which are more like interactive movies than video games and became very popular) but I don't want Adventure gaming to end up being just that.

Over $900,000 now, so Linux and Mac versions are confirmed! Hopefully that'll get some more people interested so we can get to the interesting stretch goals!

I will be honest. When my friend linked me to this thing, and i started watching the trailer, a tear fell down from my eye.
    This is it.

This is the game i've been waiting for all this time. Screw half life 3, screw dark souls 2, this is it.
    I dont think i could have been any happier at that point.

I really do hope it gets some more publicity, those stretch goals sound TAAAASTY
    We dream, we dream.

Europolis Revealed

And they're getting close to 1mil now!

Deleted
    Oldskool adventurer here. Bought The Longest Journey on Steam sale, had been meaning to play it for years, I knew it was one of the biggies I had missed out on (I started adventure games as early as 1980) and sadly, despite having poured hours over the infocom adventures with text only, I am struggling to play TLJ as the graphics are (obviously) so poor. Is it going to be worth the effort? I am struggling to fire it up.

It's funny, I used to be a big fan of adventure games, I grew up on King's Quest and the likes. But I had never played The Longest Journey. I only picked it up recently on the last Steam sale and I've been playing through it.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    Oldskool adventurer here. Bought The Longest Journey on Steam sale, had been meaning to play it for years, I knew it was one of the biggies I had missed out on (I started adventure games as early as 1980) and sadly, despite having poured hours over the infocom adventures with text only, I am struggling to play TLJ as the graphics are (obviously) so poor. Is it going to be worth the effort? I am struggling to fire it up.
    In my opinion, it's definitely worth it. One of the best adventure games of all time!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    It's funny, I used to be a big fan of adventure games, I grew up on King's Quest and the likes. But I had never played The Longest Journey. I only picked it up recently on the last Steam sale and I've been playing through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    In my opinion, it's definitely worth it. One of the best adventure games of all time!
    I'll do my best! Thanks guys! Sorry to derail. On with the show.

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    I've replayed TLJ recently, although the graphics are old it still captures that LJ feeling. To be honest, I like it more this way...it let's your imagination do some work, unlike Dreamfall.

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    I've replayed TLJ recently, although the graphics are old it still captures that LJ feeling. To be honest, I like it more this way...it let's your imagination do some work, unlike Dreamfall.
    Yeah I really liked Dreamfall's story, but the thinking just wasn't there. I did like the lockpick puzzles a lot though.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 10:27 AM ----------

They passed $1M overnight. Glad they decided to do a kickstarter instead of finding investors the old-fashioned way like they were planning on.

$1,018,601 now, and they also did a playthrough of Dreamfall with commentary which was pretty cool. You can watch the recording here:

http://www.twitch.tv/redthreadgames/b/370112870

http://www.thirteenchapters.net/media/music/

The whole TLJ soundtrack can be downloaded there for free!

Deleted

Dreamfall Chapters

I assume its the new game from Funcom that ragnar has been working on.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KsIkNrRUMEg

Cant post links alas

Fixed that link for you! --Sj
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-02-28 at 11:36 PM.

Yep, it's on kickstarter! Make sure to go and support it!
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Merged threads.

Deleted
    damn your quick...

...in a good way

Quote Originally Posted by Passorted Deets View Post
    I assume its the new game from Funcom that ragnar has been working on.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KsIkNrRUMEg

Cant post links alas
    Ragnar is no longer with Funcom. He formed his own studio called Red Thread Games with many of the people that worked on Dreamfall. He acquired the rights to the TLJ series himself.