New to Rift....Lost

So I'm not really sure what server is best or even most Populated. I'd hate to pick a dead server since this game already small. Also What faction seem to be the strongest or is it split even? Any other pointers would be much appreciated too!

1. EU or NA?
    2. The population isn't small. It's not 9 million, but it's by no means small. Don't let server count determine size. They've doubled to quadrupled server pop limits.
    3. Factions are nearly inconsequential now. You can join groups/guilds/raids between factions, Auction Houses are linked, etc. Politically, we're at war with each other, but the players are putting their differences aside.
    4. Read a few pages of this forum to answer every question you could think of, and numerous ones you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    1. EU or NA?
    2. The population isn't small. It's not 9 million, but it's by no means small. Don't let server count determine size. They've doubled to quadrupled server pop limits.
    3. Factions are nearly inconsequential now. You can join groups/guilds/raids between factions, Auction Houses are linked, etc. Politically, we're at war with each other, but the players are putting their differences aside.
    4. Read a few pages of this forum to answer every question you could think of, and numerous ones you can't.
    1.NA
    3.Yeah I noticed there only 1 pvp server found it a bit odd.

1. NA, you can pick just about any of them at this point. The lowest pop servers were consolidated with the recent tech upgrades. Wolfbane, Greybriar, Deepwood... honestly, any of them at this point.
    3. PvP servers suffer, since you can now play cross-faction. On PvP servers, being flagged negates your ability to join mixed groups. Many players would rather flag open-world when they're in the mood than suffer the inability to join with whoever they want, whenever they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cant go wrong with Wolfsbane. It has been one of the more populated servers since launch. Also there are free transfers, I believe its once per week per character so even if you do decide you want to go somewhere else you can just transfer right off.