Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Err no... Let's keep mecha robot suits to manga


    Too late!

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    That too is a good idea. Before people jump on "buffer/debuffer won't work in WoW" - who says WoW bard has to be identical to D&D bard? As long as it's a dude using magical music to reinforce his fighting skills, it's a bard. I imagine a WoW bard to be a very mobile caster with a lot instant cast spells or spells that can be cast while moving (songs) - doing damage or healing with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    thats in a nutshell how i see a bard working too. can even have them wearing mail armor too so that 3 classes use mail just like 3 classes use every other armor type.
    A very mobile caster running around in mail, right.
    OT: i think that, in this thread, every other idea than Demon Hunter, is awful.

  3. #23
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,023
    Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    i wish people would just cut this demon hunter shit out already. simply put, it wouldnt be unique enough compared to existing classes. a bard on the other hand, would be a great fit and unlike any other class in game.
    A demon hunter hunter wouidl be doable. Very doable.

    The problem is it would NOT be the Demon Hunter people expect in associate with in game. The iconic moves associated with the class ahve been parcelled out to ther classes. Warlocks, for example, get the iconic Metamorphosis.

    Will Blizzard take such an iconic spell away from Warlocks?
    Will they dilute the "cool" factor by sharing it out?

    It seems unlikely. Not impossible, but unlikely.

    Blizzard has several options for the next XPac.

    1: It does not need to introduce a new class at all.
    This probably needs to be emphasised. A new class is not a certainty.

    Blizzard could add new specialisations instead.
    It could rationalise the current specialisations....you could remove Paladins Ret spec for example; giving some tools to the Port spec would actually (IMO) help round that ou and you'd simply have a DPS mode. Same with Priests....shadow could be a DPS mode and taken further, you could have one priest spec that uses shields and heals, transform to shadow for dps and uses talents or glyphs to emphaisse a certain feel. Rogues would only get oen DPS mode, Warriors would merge Arms and Fury and so on. This would severely restrict the classes Blizzard has to balance and make their job easier. With easier balance comes fewer issues and the posibility of new specs. For example...BattleMage could be a Paladin or DK role; Shamans could get a tanking spec under the Earth Spec, with Fire, Air and Water getting their own benefits. Warrior could gain a Physical Ranged DPS spec to compete with Hunters.

    And so on.
    Will this happen? it' s very unlikely. Players are often very connected to their spec and thgere are times hen differen specs have very different feels even if you arranged things so that there'd be no practical difference in how the new set up played, there'd be complaints.

    But they could do it.

    2: It could add a new race.
    Or several new races. Many players all seem to want to play Naga. Or Vrykul. Jinyu, Hozen, Dragonkin and Etheral are all popular. As are Arakkoa and others. Some want a lizard race, for which the Saurok would be perfect.

    The thing is, players like the idea of a race story. Blizzard doesn't do that. It goes for faction stories. It teases with race stories but usually little more.

    3: It could do both...just as it did here in MoP.

    Or soemthing else.

    As for the Bard....They could put it in. I can't quite see it myself. You want to retain at least some thematic link to the system - but that would essentially be a rogue who uses music to cast spells. There are some already in game...you see at a certain Alliance wedding - so I wouldn't call it impossible. But I don't think there'd be enough there for a dedicated bard class. I think the concept would work better as a new set of Rogue skills, something to add extra utility to that class.

    EJL

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    So paladins or warriors are a sub-section of your blacksmithing spellbook, right? Because blacksmiths create hammers and swords, just like engineers create guns and bombs to be used by tinkers.
    This is the logic you are trying to base your argument upon? Engineering is about item enhancement, and unique devices, blacksmithing is crafting. You really think turning stuff like rocket boots, little hidden guns, mines, bombs, and evasion devices into baseline spells is going to bring something new to the table?

  5. #25
    The Patient Muschi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Santaland, aka. Finland
    Posts
    229
    What would make sense in my book is a mailwearing, dagger using class. Seeing as rogues are the only ones to use agi daggers and there's room for one more mail class. I'm guessing something like the priest with 2 healing specs and one melee DPS spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

  6. #26
    The real issue with making a new class at this point is - making it interesting without it being a carbon copy of the other classes.

    I think that a class that is based off of health to deal damage could be made interesting, but that would cause all kindsa problems and warlocks already are a little bit like this.

    Rather than a new class, I think a set of new specs could be better. Namely looking at the hybrid classes. Paladin with a holy DPS spec, Shaman with an enhancement tank spec, Tanking Warlocks, Healing mages, etc would all make for far more interesting mechanics. I'm sure plenty of people will complain - but hell, people complained for half a year solid with 10+ topics a day about Pandaren monks - I don't think people will ever be happy. lol
    Avatar given by Sonic Raindoom.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    This is the logic you are trying to base your argument upon? Engineering is about item enhancement, and unique devices, blacksmithing is crafting. You really think turning stuff like rocket boots, little hidden guns, mines, bombs, and evasion devices into baseline spells is going to bring something new to the table?
    No, I think you just closed yourself to a "this is engineering" idea and just think how engineering doesn't work as a class. Of course engineering doesn't work as a class, but good news: Tinker class is NOT engineering profession. Throw the profession out of your head when thinking of the tinker and you will invent what it needs easily.

    My general idea is simple. You wear agi or int mail and guns and at level 10 or around it you get access to a mech-suit (probably with racially unique models). That suit uses steam or phlogiston as a primary resource similar to mana, but using it builds up a secondary "resource", heat. When you're on high heat, you should vent it via special spells to do damage or heal people around you. Baseline spells would be more akin to "Laser pointer", "Flamethrower" or "Healing Pool" than "craft rocket boots".

    Is that engineering? Not even remotely. Is that a technology-based class? Yes, it is.

    As for bards being mobile casters in mail - he said mail, my idea for a bard is Int cloth user.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chen Stormstout
    To ask why we fight is to ask why leaves fall. (...)
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit
    Gravity? We fight because gravity? Never listen to a philosophy from a panda.

  8. #28
    ...then again, Blizzard doesn't seem to like warglaives.

  9. #29
    High Overlord ares1023's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    150
    Personally I don't like the idea of Demon Hunters in WoW, they should leave Demon Hunters to Diablo, I mean I love my Monk but that was anyother thing from Diablo in a way. Actually if anything, instead of Demon Hunters, your just make it the Ranger class, since Rangers are already in WoW and you can use similar ideas from the Demon Hunter class. It fits with the lore, especially if Alleria is coming back in the next xpac.
    Will say the idea of a Tinker class as mentioned above, would be very interesting and doable. It would be unique, I could almost compare what the class would be like to the champion Rumble from League of Legends, lol.
    Other wise, I am pretty sure Blizzard could come out with another interesting class that hasn't been mentioned.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by ares1023 View Post
    Personally I don't like the idea of Demon Hunters in WoW, they should leave Demon Hunters to Diablo, I mean I love my Monk but that was anyother thing from Diablo in a way. Actually if anything, instead of Demon Hunters, your just make it the Ranger class, since Rangers are already in WoW and you can use similar ideas from the Demon Hunter class. It fits with the lore, especially if Alleria is coming back in the next xpac.
    Will say the idea of a Tinker class as mentioned above, would be very interesting and doable. It would be unique, I could almost compare what the class would be like to the champion Rumble from League of Legends, lol.
    Other wise, I am pretty sure Blizzard could come out with another interesting class that hasn't been mentioned.
    Look up lore please.

  11. #31
    Immortal Bombkirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA - Boston, MA
    Posts
    6,995
    When the inevitable Legion/Illidan expansion comes along (maybe next?) I fully expect mail wearing Demon Hunters to be added.

    I know a lot of people claim "We have enough classes" But altaholics who've been around since the beginning really NEED more classes to keep their interest, to give them a reason to level up again, to give them a reason to stay subbed and playing and busy messing with the new class and all of its new specs. I would not be surprised if we started seeing more classes.

    Quote Originally Posted by ares1023 View Post
    Personally I don't like the idea of Demon Hunters in WoW, they should leave Demon Hunters to Diablo, I mean I love my Monk but that was anyother thing from Diablo in a way. Actually if anything, instead of Demon Hunters, your just make it the Ranger class, since Rangers are already in WoW and you can use similar ideas from the Demon Hunter class. It fits with the lore, especially if Alleria is coming back in the next xpac.
    Will say the idea of a Tinker class as mentioned above, would be very interesting and doable. It would be unique, I could almost compare what the class would be like to the champion Rumble from League of Legends, lol.
    Other wise, I am pretty sure Blizzard could come out with another interesting class that hasn't been mentioned.
    Demon Hunters in WoW are nothing like Diablo ones.

    This is what everyone's talking about:


    Think Illidan. Blindfolded dudes with huge ass scythe-like blades with demonic powers and yadda yadda.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2012-11-02 at 10:57 PM.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    This is the logic you are trying to base your argument upon? Engineering is about item enhancement, and unique devices, blacksmithing is crafting. You really think turning stuff like rocket boots, little hidden guns, mines, bombs, and evasion devices into baseline spells is going to bring something new to the table?
    A class based around enhancing items, and unique devices..Sounds a little bit like shamans(devices being totems, items - weapon and armor enchants(shields being loosely armor enchants)).

    Hell, Any profession could have a class linked to it and make it work. Saying they won't work just because they are a profession is nonsense. Alchemists throwing bottles around, summoning hommunculi to fight for them, healing with potions they throw... Blacksmiths based around just bolstering physical damage and hitting really hard, Herbalism(think Zyra from LoL), Goblin Engineering - throwing bombs around(think ziggs from LoL), etc etc... With a bit of imagination anything could work.

    The name of the class is really quite irrelevant. Anything can be made a class. I think the Tinkerer has the best chance of being made into a class, at this point though. I can think of literally dozens of ways to make this viable. Suits, Mechanical Pets, Turrets, Mecha-s of some sort, Tool-Kit like Guild wars 2, etc etc. There are so many options. It could tank, or dps - possibly even heal. Could be based on a few different 'guns'(again think Guild wars 2, but done right). Pyro from TF2 could be the dps playstyle.

    All in all, though, we won't see a new class for 2 expansions if blizzard keeps up the way they've been. I also highly expect to see a caster next.

    Tinkerer, That dragon mage idea that was going around like 4 years ago, Demon Hunter, all sound fairly viable. I'd be happy to see any of them.
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2012-11-02 at 11:00 PM.
    Avatar given by Sonic Raindoom.

  13. #33
    High Overlord ares1023's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by pucko97 View Post
    Look up lore please.
    I know the lore, what I meant about leaving the Demon Hunter class in Diablo, was mainly the name and stuff, not how they fight. Thats why I said later that the Ranger class would be better I think cause Rangers are like a mid ranged class compared to Hunters, since they also do close combat, and I meant that the close combat aspect that Demon Hunters in WoW use can be used with Rangers.
    It was my fault for not being clearer, it made more sense when I was thinking of it lol
    Last edited by ares1023; 2012-11-02 at 11:06 PM.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    No, I think you just closed yourself to a "this is engineering" idea and just think how engineering doesn't work as a class. Of course engineering doesn't work as a class, but good news: Tinker class is NOT engineering profession. Throw the profession out of your head when thinking of the tinker and you will invent what it needs easily.
    Like I said, what are you going to bring to the table beyond turning the entire arsenal of engineering tinkers and tricks to the table as spells and abilities for this proposed class?

    My general idea is simple. You wear agi or int mail and guns and at level 10 or around it you get access to a mech-suit (probably with racially unique models). That suit uses steam or phlogiston as a primary resource similar to mana, but using it builds up a secondary "resource", heat. When you're on high heat, you should vent it via special spells to do damage or heal people around you. Baseline spells would be more akin to "Laser pointer", "Flamethrower" or "Healing Pool" than "craft rocket boots". Is that engineering? Not even remotely. Is that a technology-based class? Yes, it is.
    So adding a resource to operate abilities which are engineering tinkers or specialities makes it different from engineering? okay...

    You really fail to see the redunance. Just because you add a resource rather than say a CD to things like a flamethrower or a landshark or a mine or some damage enhancing CD, or survival one doesn't change how it operates.

    A Goblin Dragon Gun that requires a resource built up by using a High-Powered Bolt gun as a white-hit weapon that uses another resource is still using two engineering devices any engineer can make and therefore completely redundant. And this can apply to any number of engineering tinkers and devices already in game which mitigate damage, increase attack potency, have a special function, or are used for survival, even healing.

  15. #35
    I'd love to see Demon Hunter, but the problem is that there's not much left to put into the spec. Death Knights and Warlocks already have most of the Demon Hunter's arsenal: Death Coil, Carrion Swarm, Metamorphosis, Rune Blades, Anti-magic abilities, Immolation Aura, etc...
    If the class would ever be implemented, I could see it as wearing mail and have 2 DPS specs along with 1 tank spec. But again, there isn't much to add unless other classes are going to become less unique.
    Melee vs caster balance in WoD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9F0Ehgx_Q8

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    That too is a good idea. Before people jump on "buffer/debuffer won't work in WoW" - who says WoW bard has to be identical to D&D bard? As long as it's a dude using magical music to reinforce his fighting skills, it's a bard. I imagine a WoW bard to be a very mobile caster with a lot instant cast spells or spells that can be cast while moving (songs) - doing damage or healing with them.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the idea and believe it would be really fun but I can all ready see the storm brewing about how Blizzard took another thing from an April Fool's joke and made it into something.

    But as others have said, a demon hunter (like Leotheras the Blind) would be great fun to see as well.

  17. #37
    The Patient Xerkx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    268
    No more classes please

  18. #38
    demon hunter would be cool. but i feel it'd be too similar to hunter (granted im not the most knowledgable on demon hunters so maybe they're totally different from what im picturing.) i do think a cool new mail class is needed though. there needs to be a class that doesnt seem so "leathery" to me. both hunters and shaman feel like they should just wear leather to me.


    http://www.wowwiki.com/Class_ideas has some nice ideas. i like the dragonsworn class idea
    Last edited by bklutz; 2012-11-02 at 11:24 PM.

  19. #39
    Mechagnome Ineko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Like I said, what are you going to bring to the table beyond turning the entire arsenal of engineering tinkers and tricks to the table as spells and abilities for this proposed class?

    So adding a resource to operate abilities which are engineering tinkers or specialities makes it different from engineering? okay...

    You really fail to see the redunance. Just because you add a resource rather than say a CD to things like a flamethrower or a landshark or a mine or some damage enhancing CD, or survival one doesn't change how it operates.

    A Goblin Dragon Gun that requires a resource built up by using a High-Powered Bolt gun as a white-hit weapon that uses another resource is still using two engineering devices any engineer can make and therefore completely redundant. And this can apply to any number of engineering tinkers and devices already in game which mitigate damage, increase attack potency, have a special function, or are used for survival, even healing.
    His idea of a tinker class is awesome to be honest, I've got 600 engi on 2 90's and one still at 85 with 525 engi, his class has absolutely nothing to do with engineering. His resource system building up to a finisher sounds awesome as well. You're argument is just " IT'S ENGINEERING AWMG" well no, no it's not. Also, I'd say, more than 80% (just pulling these numbers out of my ass) don't use the bombs etc. the only useful tinkers are the /use ones providing you with primary stats.

    Hell, even if it was just engineering put into class it would feel new and refreshing, still very different to any classes we have now.

  20. #40
    As much as I would like a complete new class I think they are more likely to add new specs.
    Turning the glyph of demon hunting for locks into a balanced and more thought out spec maybe even a shockadin spec for pallys and I'm sure there is more they can think of. It would be nice because it would allow a few niches to be filled cloth tank, plate rdps without having to add more of the same which as i think someone said before will be pretty much the same with some flavor.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •