Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,402
    I just hope that there will finally be a new caster.

  2. #42
    Bloodsail Admiral Kharli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pandaria/Balmora/Divinity's reach
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Dokem View Post
    Demon Hunter and as a Hero Class.
    *slaps* no no no no no more hero classes, dK's was the last one, blizz even said this at blizzcon when they revealed the monk class.
    the Demon hunter will not be Illidian style demon hutner either(most likely) it's "Most likely" going to be like the demon hunter from D3 if it even comes into the game.

  3. #43
    In the end, any class we get can only be ranged or melee. The only thing they can do to make it feel new is give it a very distinct theme and motif, with tons of flavor and a new resource game akin to DK runes, mana, rage, or energy.

    People need to stop thinking "Well we just got melee so that means it has to be X". Everyone claimed brewmasters would never happen because of Deathknights, yet look what we got.

    The most iconic and distinctly flavorful and the most requested class in this game's history is the demon hunter from Warcraft 3. Don't be surprised if you see it finally coming.

    I hope they may go with brand new 4th specs or prestige classes like the RPG, but I'm totally biased for demon hunters. There are reasons why demon hunters might never happen, but there are certainly good reasons to think they will happen.

    Standing around with wings and horns casting spells while your infernal pounds on things with an axe? That's not a demon hunter.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 10:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    *slaps* no no no no no more hero classes, dK's was the last one, blizz even said this at blizzcon when they revealed the monk class.
    the Demon hunter will not be Illidian style demon hutner either(most likely) it's "Most likely" going to be like the demon hunter from D3 if it even comes into the game.
    Stop spreading misinformation. Blizzard NEVER said any of this.
    They said they learned valuable lessons from DKs, and they thought monks would work out better from level 1. But they also said if they feel like hero classes are appropriate, they most certainly have fucking not ruled out ever making one again.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  4. #44
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,644
    Demon Hunter can easily be made to wear mail. They can be a tank/spelldps/meleedps class.

    I am certain they will be the next class added, either in 6.0 or (far more likely) 7.0.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 11:54 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post

    [/COLOR]
    Stop spreading misinformation. Blizzard NEVER said any of this.
    They said they learned valuable lessons from DKs, and they thought monks would work out better from level 1. But they also said if they feel like hero classes are appropriate, they most certainly have fucking not ruled out ever making one again.
    Indeed. Blizz said that they originally intended the Hero Class to be stronger to make it heroic. They've instead decided heroic means starting at a level beyond level 1.

    DK was a risen champion of the Horde or Alliance, you had had prior experience before dying.

    Monk is brand new, characters had no prior training. So it started at level 1.
    Unsubscribed 3/10/2014 - 8/14/2014.
    "Times change."

    Beware the claims of yearly expansions. It's not more hype more often, it's paying more for less. Fewer tiers, no more new levels, no more new races/classes, but an ever-increasing price tag....

  5. #45
    I highly doubt demon hunters will ever exist since most of their signature abilities were taken by locks and rogues. We also don't need another emo class that feels awkward when it isn't in it's debut xpac. Death knights have felt awkward as shit trying to fit in the current content. An undead killing machine going on adventures, saving the panda farmers from dastardly rabbit men? I honestly don't think there will be any new classes unless blizzard get's really creative, as I don't see any other classes from the lore working.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-11-03 at 05:00 AM.

  6. #46
    The way I see it, in terms of gearing there are two requirements the next class must fill.

    1. Mail user, every other armor class has three classes to it except mail.

    2. Able to use ranged weapons. The only class in the game that uses ranged weapons is hunters since warriors/rogues no longer do. All other weapons are shared except ranged types.

    I'm personally going for Tinker class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I just hope that there will finally be a new caster.
    The three specs of priests, mages, warlocks and boomkin+ele shaman not enough?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I highly doubt demon hunters will ever exist since most of their signature abilities were taken by locks and rogues. We also don't need another emo class that feels awkward when it isn't in it's debut xpac. Death knights have felt awkward as shit trying to fit in the current content. An undead killing machine going on adventures, saving the panda farmers from dastardly rabbit men? I honestly don't think there will be any new classes unless blizzard get's really creative, as I don't see any other classes from the lore working.
    Blizzard will ALWAYS bring out new classes as long as they keep doing expansions. Players who like to play lots of alts are a big portion of their customer base and they are not going to ignore that.

    What I would like to see for the next spec is a PVP spec for every class. Whenever you do PVP your PVP class would be used and it would have specific skills and abilities just for PVP. That way they could balance them separately and stop the nerf/buff rollercaster trying to get balance in spells and abilities for PVP and PVE at the same time.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I highly doubt demon hunters will ever exist since most of their signature abilities were taken by locks and rogues. We also don't need another emo class that feels awkward when it isn't in it's debut xpac. Death knights have felt awkward as shit trying to fit in the current content. An undead killing machine going on adventures, saving the panda farmers from dastardly rabbit men? I honestly don't think there will be any new classes unless blizzard get's really creative, as I don't see any other classes from the lore working.
    All of DKs abilities existed in WOW already under different names before DKs were added to WOW. The only thing new Dks brought to WOW was their theme.

    Just like demon hunters with rogues and warlocks, DKs already had an armor set in game for warriors and paladins to pretend to be deathknights, yet DKs still happened even though you could look like one. The Deathbringer sets and Dreadnaught.

    DKs in WC3 had 4 abilities, and they rode around killing things on a horse. They used death coil. Death coil in WOW was turned into nothing more than a filler strike in your rotation and was no longer important. They were given brand new abilities that made sense with their theme.

    DKs had unholy aura in WC3, which sped up friendly units movement. This already existed in WOW for other classes. It was added with DKs and turned into an insignificant filler talent in their first tier of talents in the unholy tree. Not important anymore, made into an option out of dozens of new options.

    DKs had the ability to sacrifice a minion for health in WC3. Already existed in WOW for Warlocks and hunters before DKs.

    DKs had the ability to summon an undead minion. Already existed in WOW as demons and hunter pets, nothing more than graphical flavor.


    Demon Hunters are no different. All of their abilities would be fleshed out with dozens of brand new talents and abilities and a new resource system game.

    Metamorphosis could be changed to be a lot more interesting, and could be given custom context specific graphics for demon hunters. Warlocks look like one demon they seem to have made a pact with in Metamorphosis.

    Demon Hunters could look like themselves only demonized, or have a new demon model.

    Personally I think metamorphosis is mostly lame and not necessary for demon hunters in the first place. I want an acrobatic and highly maneuverable melee fighter, sort of like a combat rogue or fury warrior hybrid with paladin like abilities, but instead of the Light, they use demonic fel chaos for their demonic auras and demonic blessings. Most importantly I want to look and feel like a demon hunter in WC3 for the majority of it's experience, which was mostly never in metamorph.
    Last edited by Yig; 2012-11-03 at 09:03 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  9. #49
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    How does turning a profession into a class fit into anything? Just gona take engineering abilities, juice them up and make them signature moves for this new class? I can't see it being compelling, interesting or taken seriously.
    Well at the moment I can see it being just as comprlling as a demon hunter really.... tbh tinker looks more compelling. Besides, remember how lot of people thought monks or pandas wouldn;t turn out to be compelling? See how that turned out...
    Sigh why even worry about it? This expansion has only been out for 2 months. Try to enjoy this first and be the best. AFter that start thinking about the new xpac... seems so silly to me. 'Gee I wonder what will happen in Toy Story 12, will Buzz and Woody finally hook up?'

  10. #50
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Everyone says demon hunter but maybe a ranged sylvannas type class. A drow ranger thing. Sorta like a ranged dk meets a hunter. They'd have a goul I guess but use a bow. Op as hell IMO
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  11. #51
    Well, there's been numerous 'hints' thrown about leading to the possibility of Demon Hunters being the next Hero Class, with the next Expansion probably being Legion related.

  12. #52
    There are never enough classes. Alt is a good way of having fun. And new class brigns a new breath in PVP/PVE.
    I want Witch Doctor class <3

  13. #53
    Mechagnome Mteq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    726
    bard or siren or something like that. magic wielding support class.

  14. #54
    There are lots of variety of classes like id's and classes,student classes and many more......

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Dokem View Post
    Demon Hunter and as a Hero Class.
    No! No more hero classes!

  16. #56
    Give us a Shadow Hunter already Blizzard

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    All of DKs abilities existed in WOW already under different names before DKs were added to WOW. The only thing new Dks brought to WOW was their theme.

    Just like demon hunters with rogues and warlocks, DKs already had an armor set in game for warriors and paladins to pretend to be deathknights, yet DKs still happened even though you could look like one. The Deathbringer sets and Dreadnaught.

    DKs in WC3 had 4 abilities, and they rode around killing things on a horse. They used death coil. Death coil in WOW was turned into nothing more than a filler strike in your rotation and was no longer important. They were given brand new abilities that made sense with their theme.

    DKs had unholy aura in WC3, which sped up friendly units movement. This already existed in WOW for other classes. It was added with DKs and turned into an insignificant filler talent in their first tier of talents in the unholy tree. Not important anymore, made into an option out of dozens of new options.

    DKs had the ability to sacrifice a minion for health in WC3. Already existed in WOW for Warlocks and hunters before DKs.

    DKs had the ability to summon an undead minion. Already existed in WOW as demons and hunter pets, nothing more than graphical flavor.


    Demon Hunters are no different. All of their abilities would be fleshed out with dozens of brand new talents and abilities and a new resource system game.

    Metamorphosis could be changed to be a lot more interesting, and could be given custom context specific graphics for demon hunters. Warlocks look like one demon they seem to have made a pact with in Metamorphosis.

    Demon Hunters could look like themselves only demonized, or have a new demon model.

    Personally I think metamorphosis is mostly lame and not necessary for demon hunters in the first place. I want an acrobatic and highly maneuverable melee fighter, sort of like a combat rogue or fury warrior hybrid with paladin like abilities, but instead of the Light, they use demonic fel chaos for their demonic auras and demonic blessings. Most importantly I want to look and feel like a demon hunter in WC3 for the majority of it's experience, which was mostly never in metamorph.
    I am pretty sure Metamorphosis is the most iconic thing about demon hunter and it could be said that it's the ability that defines what DH is. People remember DH in WC3 for its demonic ability. You say you want DH to be fighter class or something like that but the fact is DH is about magic first then melee fighting. Illidan is sorcerer but he can fight in melee range but what he excels at is still magic. Hell I even think there can be caster spec for DH. DK in WoW was expanded a lot but they still keep their identity. i think if Blizz really want to make DH then they can expand it without making it to be other thing that is not DH.

  18. #58
    This will be class which use mail armor and ranged weapons, it's obvious. They can make class similar to Demon Hunter from Diablo 3

  19. #59
    we already got Two melee classes with DK and Monk (one DPS/Tank, one DPS/Tank/Healer) I expect next class to be an actual Ranged class cause we have already a hell of a lot of caster but actually only one Physical/damage ranged class.

  20. #60
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    There is so much potential in game for so many classes that it would be mad for blizzard to not seize them all and treat the fans with new ways to play the game and attract newcomers.
    But to answer directly to the OP, I think what will come next is a demon hunter for sure,taking its place on the conqueror's tokems and using mail armor.
    Next we might get a Tinker, but it will use leather and begin the leather classes lead anew. By then, we will be in the South Seas fighting Azshara and Blizzard will hopefully have added the support class. Next to the Tinker, we need a cloth class, and for that role, I think the Invoker is the best on set because its a good change from the normal mage, since even though it is in essence a mage, it's mechanics are more complex to master in contrast to the mage.
    In another expansion, we could have the Dragonsworn to play its part on the defense on Azeroth, bringing the dargons back to action with renewed strength. This class would use mail. Finally, my 4th choice of a class is the battlemage, which is the sum of a mage with a plate armor, this way it all comes together nicely =).
    If u would like to know more, check my sig...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •