Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    It seems that everything is asian in this expansion, which wasn't the case even in Wotlk. Needs more variety imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else get tired of mooks like this crying about the xpac? I have

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-19 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    Anyone else get tired of mooks like this crying about the xpac? I have
    I'm more tired of people like you. The person who cries about the crying people

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    I love Asian architecture and cultures, yet it seemed to dominate the game to such an extent at the expense of everything else that it contributed to my decision not to buy mop.

Uldum was too Egyptian for my taste too. Norse in northrend was ok, and central American theme in troll instances was ok too. It's all about melding cultural reference in a subtle manner and not in an in your face way.
    What got me about Northrend is that a player can relate to it, just walking out their RL door. From the trees and rivers in Grizzly Hills to even the cliffs and broken structures in Storm Peaks, it's an environment that related to the real world itself. It looked real in a WoW sort of way.

MoP looks something Disney would make more. Only thing missing is a Disney inspired soundtrack straight from "Mulan". It works for Disney as they start from scratch, not try to pigeon hole a concept into an existing world (e.g., taking Cinderella and tacking on Mulan). It's also too foreign in a game based on classes and races inspired from D&D (Western mythology), not Asian lore. It doesn't fit well.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

loving it, but people will always find something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxyde View Post
    people will always find something to complain about.
    ^this

I couldn't care for the asian theme one way or the other, looks fine. I love the looks of plases like dread wastes and the whole sha/first tier of the game was well done bar one or two classes.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2012-11-19 at 05:04 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    What got me about Northrend is that a player can relate to it, just walking out their RL door. From the trees and rivers in Grizzly Hills to even the cliffs and broken structures in Storm Peaks, it's an environment that related to the real world itself. It looked real in a WoW sort of way.

MoP looks something Disney would make more. Only thing missing is a Disney inspired soundtrack straight from "Mulan". It works for Disney as they start from scratch, not try to pigeon hole a concept into an existing world (e.g., taking Cinderella and tacking on Mulan). It's also too foreign in a game based on classes and races inspired from D&D (Western mythology), not Asian lore. It doesn't fit well.
    Kind of presumptuous of you to imply that the playerbase somehow can't relate to Pandaria, or that Pandaria is somehow an environment that is not "related to the real world itself". The only people who really would have trouble "relating" to Mysts are people who have never been exposed to any kind of asian culture or history.

I mean, you do realise that there are large chunks of china or japan where you could literally take a picture of the place, run it through a "WoW graphics" filter, and have it end up looking EXACTLY like a part of Jade Forest or Kun-Lai. Hell, my Brother and his Wife spent their honeymoon in Japan, they brought back wads of photos of temples, castles, landscapes and other places that could be cookie cutter models for half a dozen buildings or landscapes in Pandaria.

Sure, as you say, I can also relate to Grizzly Hills (my family has a log cabin up in the canadian near-north where I went as a kid, where the landscape and stuff is very reminiscent of Grizzly hills). But that does not mean by any streach that I (or other people) can not also relate to pandaria.

Also, It is a bit of a stretch to call WoW a mostly Western Mythology game, given that prior to Mysts you can easily find influences from the following Cultures / Archetectures / Myths and legends: Native American, Egyptian, Aztec / Myan, Nordic, Greek, Midldle Eastern, African and others.

Sure, Pandaria is a bit different in that it is almost pure Asian, but it is a large mashup of pretty much the WHOLE of the Asian sphere of influence, overlaid with a kungfu / eastern-philosophy theme.

I mean, if you really sit back and look at it, Pandaria is not really any more "different" then Northrend was when it was released, with it being almot entirely Norse / Viking themed right from the start to the end (with a smattering of trolls and a dragon graveyard right in the middle). Anyone unfamiliar with Norse legend would have been in the same situation you claim to find with Pandaria.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2012-11-19 at 01:29 PM.

I don't really care for placing real world themes into WoW. Uldum looks beautiful, but I hate the zone, because it's not WoW it's ancient Egypt. I hate the quests, because it's some terrible Indiana Jones copy. I don't find it funny or neat. The same goes for Pandaland. It looks amazing, but it's not WoW, it's China.

But of course it's just my opinion. I understand other people like it. It certainly hasn't ruined the game for me, just made it slightly less enjoyable in those areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

10+ Year Old Account
    To be perfectly honest. I've been tired of the Asian theme/music for about 6 or 7 weeks. It's just not my cup of tea.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    No Im not racist, so I dont have a problem with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Japan and/or Korea (very south) would have been a much better asian theme. Shinto and Bushido, are the best ideas the human race has ever come up with, concerning personal conduct.

Anyone catch the "world's fastest popcorn maker" on Mythbusters last night?

China is a third world shithole, that is being pumped up by the 1% and pumping them back. Keep supporting that shit, at your peril.

Infracted. Nation bashing is forbidden here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-19 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    The music is awesome, but the bosses suck. A few funny lines here and there, but the bosses just suck, so do the dungeons/raid zone(s). Probably the worst raids I've ever seen to be honest.

Most overrated expansion in all of WoW is hands down mop.

I don't follow lore much at all.. but in Cata I knew Deathwing was the ultimate goal, in ICC I know Lich king was the ultimate goal.... WHAT THE HECK is the point of MoP?
    I never understood this presumption that there must be some "ultimate goal" defined from the very start. Remember that in Vanilla WoW there was no "ultimate goal" so to speak, but the raids were still among the most fun in the game. Give MoP some time -- the story is still evolving. I think the best is still yet to come.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Loving everything about the environment/music/themes/graphics/etc in MoP
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    China is a third world shithole, that is being pumped up by the 1% and pumping them back. Keep supporting that shit, at your peril.
    Yeah, while we're at it -- let's delete the Barrens from the game. We wouldn't want Primernova getting AIDS on top of asininity!

Deleted
    I dislike people that use "stop crying" i mean seriously its getting old.

I didnt care much cause i just rushed to 90 to pvp and ragequit, the only thing ive noticed that Pandarens are lame. And i also noticed the continent is named PANDAria which is a big joke.

And people try comparing pandarens to taurens? I havent seen any horde place named Cowmoothia.

Deleted
    Too many racists in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we've had enough racism and nation-bashing for one thread