Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Yes...it's a problem, I go to the old zones for a change of scenery, in the past I could just switch between new zones..in MoP all new zones are filled with the same oriental crap I'd wanna see if I went to china, not my medieval fantasy world.
    There's a lot more to the "medieval world" than the stench and disease-filled streets of 11th century Europe. Aside from humans and dwarves none of the races draw much if any medieval European influence...

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    I am excited to see how defensive people get over this.
    You want people to get defensive, so..you came here to troll? Shameful
    So you get sick of the "asian theme" after only a few months, Yet the rest of WoW, that has no stand out theme like MoP, That's fine? Lol, People these days, I like how you say they "throw" things in, like it was simple, they didn't just take photos and load them into the game files, everything had to be extensively designed, And those of us who are not just looking for something to find a fault with, Actually like it

They have been very creative here, so saying it's all made from real-world asian themes, and all seems too real, is rubbish, there is no way you can be serious if you actually did any quests, There are -tons- of new monsters, creatures etc that have been made up by Blizz, it has an asian theme, with Pandaren, Yet you seem to ignore that actualy, most of the design has gone into things that are not Asian in origin, Nothing about what you said was "Constructive"

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a welcome change but I don't find it as appealing as the Northrend feel. It's on par with Outland for me personally.

Deleted
    TBC - Sci-Fi
    Wrath - Norse mythology
    Cata - A mix of european and egyptian mythology
    MoP - Chinese mythology

Deleted
    I got nothing against the team, I am rather dissapointed that all zones are nothing special at all. I rather have a 4-5 complete different themed zones.

I don't mind the asiatic theme. I do feel less interested than I was during cataclysm. It did cross my mind this morning that maybe I will just level my alts and park the game for a while. If it isn't fun for me now. Maybe it will be later, iono. I'll see what I think after I get my favorite toon up.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    "your" Medieval fantasy is euro-centric. Guess what, there are other cultures out there. But then expecting geeks to actually show imagination is a lost cause
    Yes this, pretty much the whole of Kalimdor and Eastern kingdoms is very Euro, and Northrend just screams places like Norway, Yet they ignore those, and just do what the rest of the kids do, "Oh my, the Panda and Chine hate bandwagon is going past, Must jump on!"

If you just don't like it, that's fine, but seriously, think people because these "reasons" Most people give, are just silly, and more unimaginative than you claim blizzard are being=)

Blizz has pilfered every culture, race in human history to design zones for wow

Norse, Greek, Celtic, Egyptian, Persian, Gothic, Native American, Aztec etc

i have nothing against that tbh i love it so this oriental theme i have nothing against i fact i kinda like it but i do see that rolling countryside and pagodas aint everybodys cup of tea unlike the richness of zones we had before like outland where every zone looked very distinct from the other but that was a alien planet

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, please quit being an emo douchebag cynical crybaby. Its like you sat down for a week and focused on what you could possibly think of to complain about and then tried to talk yourself into believing it. Its really sad at how awesome this expansion and yet there will always be people like you that just try to find something to complain about. Come on guys, i read stuff like this and just cant wrap my head around why you would spend time badmouthing anything about this perfect game. Just have fun, quit worrying about what u think is wrong and focus on how awesome it actually is.
    IBroughtGuns ~ Night Elf Warrior
    Specializing in Protection Services
    Dabbling in Smashing Faces
    Proudly Serving Alliance Since 2007
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/haomarush/Ibroughtguns/advanced[/URL][/url]
    Addiction Guild - http://addiction-haomarush.wowstead.com/

No, but thanks for asking.

What I _am_ tired of are trolls appearing as a major factor in every expansion. Let's have a Gnome dungeon or something, and not a stupid "Gnomes are traitors, inept, or cowards or all of the above" situation with a boss in a dungeon, either. Or heck, how about a Dark Iron Dwarves dungeon. Something with an existing race that hasn't been done extensively.

Nope I prefer it to northrend, which was a bit bleak in my opinion...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    The music is awesome, but the bosses suck. A few funny lines here and there, but the bosses just suck, so do the dungeons/raid zone(s). Probably the worst raids I've ever seen to be honest.

Most overrated expansion in all of WoW is hands down mop.

I don't follow lore much at all.. but in Cata I knew Deathwing was the ultimate goal, in ICC I know Lich king was the ultimate goal.... WHAT THE HECK is the point of MoP?
    Why do the bosses suck??? Not quite following you here unless you are trolling. No "big bad" in vanilla so what was the point of Vanilla?? 3 xpac's in a row we had a big bad.. it gets old quickly, and in fact Tier 14 may have some of the most variety of encounters yet.. For the semi casual - casual MSV is by no means faceroll. All the bosses have unique mechanics that challenge a casual group. (can't speak on herioc) but I digress.. why do they suck?
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Most overrated expansion in all of WoW is hands down mop.
    How can you possibly say that this expansion, which has been out for a couple of months, is the most overrated expansion of all time? You're entitled to your own opinion that it's not that great, but to say it's worse / better than other expansions when it's only been out a few months is ludicrous.

yeah its like vanilla with all STV themed zone, or TBC with all nagrand theme. I hate the lack of dark, goth, forsaken and crusader themes in this expo.

Also back then each zone had completely unique feeling and looks but Pandaria zones all look the same for me.

Although other than that, I like many other things about MoP all in all I think its a great expansion.
    Last edited by Marooned; 2012-11-02 at 10:33 PM.

I'm still enjoying it very much, and it's looking to be getting more Horde vs. Alliance-y in 5.1.

While I understand that the Wall is a "clear" reference to the Great Wall of China, the actual story with it-- manned by the Shado-Pan, meant to defend against a periodic, massive-scale danger and invasion-- actually reminds me MORE of the Wall from Game of Thrones.

I still don't really understand why people are SO focused on having a euro-centric medieval fantasy word. For me, that's getting seriously old, it's used everywhere. I find Pandaria very refreshing and enjoyable, and I don't think that the Heart of Fear or the Dread Wastes looks stereotypically Asian at all.

I don't follow lore much at all.. but in Cata I knew Deathwing was the ultimate goal, in ICC I know Lich king was the ultimate goal.... WHAT THE HECK is the point of MoP?
    It's to return to the exploration and adventure feeling you got from vanilla. Vanilla had no ultimate goal. It's just the adventure of exploring a new world. Enjoy.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 12:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I still don't really understand why people are SO focused on having a euro-centric medieval fantasy word. For me, that's getting seriously old, it's used everywhere. I find Pandaria very refreshing and enjoyable, and I don't think that the Heart of Fear or the Dread Wastes looks stereotypically Asian at all.
    I'm enjoying it like crazy. I always wanted to take my european dragon slaying toon to other worlds and cultures. This asian theme is really neat. I'm sure if they made another outer space theme or something else, that'd be cool. Maybe they'll return us to outland next expansion but maybe another planet as merged with the remainders of draenor and we'll have a much larger world than just outland and maybe have that world be steampunk themed or something. I just like the concept of taking a character you've invested time into over the years and going into a completely new environment and culture. It's really neat to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Implying that I'm racist or xenophobic because I'm tired of the Asian theme is like implying that someone is racist against Mexicans because they don't like Mexican food.

As I said in the OP I don't hate the expansion, I'm just tired of the theme, and yes I do get enjoyment from people getting defensive over it. No, it wasn't a troll post, it was a post I knew would be received as a troll post regardless of how it was worded.

I enjoy Asian culture, the point I was making is that MoP is far more ancient-history based than the other expansions. Northrend having sections of zones relating to Norse mythology isn't the same as every zone in Northrend being a reflection of Norse mythology. Look at Icecrown Citadel for example and try to find a place in real life that looks like it as opposed to finding a place in real life that looks like the wall on the border of Kun-Lai Summit.

The redeeming figures in Pandaria for me are the Mogu and the Sha (more-so the Sha because there is still much to be learned of it's origins and how it relates to the rest of Azeroth)
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Nothing in WoW is remotely original - Hell it's entire story is Tolkein and moorcock meets Lovecraft

OT - No, I am finding the asain theme refreshing, it makes Pandaria actually feel like another world
    fixed, warhammer isn't exactly a fount of creativity either.
    and blizzard did coin the term "blizzard orcs" for a reason, they were one of the first to popularize orcs as something other as stupid barbarian rape-machines.

and yeah i do find the aesthetic style refreshing, i think the art team did to cause holy fuck did they make alot of art assets,.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Inspirations are one thing, the point I'm getting at is that Pandaria is essentially China in WoW, not WoW inspired by China.
    Gilneas=England, it rains, it's foggy, it's citizens speaks(horrible british english(common) )

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    they were one of the first to popularize orcs as something other as stupid barbarian rape-machines.
    and then, all of a sudden, Garrosh.