Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    Seriously, how can people find this creature scary? I have played the game Slender, and watched the videos on youtube. Pure snorefest.

This is not trolling. I want to know why people find Slender man scary.
    I always found him creepy, and I found the game scary for the most part. I don't think you can call something flat out 'not scary', when someone finding something scary, or creepy is down to the person, and is not general.

Fantastic Signature made by Maybenotquiteasheavy

Honestly endermans in minecraft make me jump more than slender man.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate it when I meet myself from years ago. I never can recognize him.

Deleted
    The Slender Man is just another pointless jump scare. Jump scares are a cheap trick, and have absolutely nothing to do with real horror.

The best horror is psychological, something where you get really invested and then it fucks with your mind so badly you can't sleep for a week. Jump scares and gore are both just cheap, pointless tricks utilized by unskilled writers and wannabe creators of horror.

One of my favorite nightmares is when I'm in my past, and there's a pet of mine, either our dog or our cat. Then the same pet walks into view from around the corner, so that there's two of them. In the dream, it feels so real, yet makes absolutely no sense. It's awesome.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-05-03 at 04:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slenderman is psychological terror.

The idea that someone, something is coming for you, and there is nothing you can ever do to stop it. You can run, but it will find you, and it will eventually kill you.

If that idea scares you, Slenderman will scare you. If it doesn't, Slenderman won't. Pretty simple.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Marble Hornets made him creepy for me. It's a pretty good low budget youtube "show". It can be really creepy at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmhfn3mgWUI

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I think I'd much rather run into Slender Man in a dark alley than the Silence or the Weeping Angels:

You do realize Moff based the Silence design off of Slenderman, right? It's kinda obvious :P

Anyways, I don't think Slenderman was meant to be "Scary" - more of a "unstintingly creepy" sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Honestly endermans in minecraft make me jump more than slender man.
    God, just hearing that noise flips me right the fuck out XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You do realize Moff based the Silence design off of Slenderman, right? It's kinda obvious :P

Anyways, I don't think Slenderman was meant to be "Scary" - more of a "unstintingly creepy" sort of way.
    He did,yes. And he still managed to pull it off better.