Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Any1 care to explain me what are these "more responsive" changes to some spells, like Halo?

So, we think everyones self heals are too high, so lets nerf blood DKs and leave everyone elses? Druid and hunters are pretty bad, druids get heals just by doing damage and then in feral can use healing touch for more health more times then none

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Damage received from players (or player-controlled sources) no longer counts towards increasing the healing done by Death Strike.

So Blood DK's don't get to PvP anymore, got it.

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Damage received from players (or player-controlled sources) no longer counts towards increasing the healing done by Death Strike.

So Blood DK's don't get to PvP anymore, got it.

thats what i got out of this. can't wait to not be able to get into any RBG groups anymore, as I have no experience target calling so therefor me as frost is now a no go since DK's became THE target callers, but I have experience being an FC....Cool...can't wait to get blown to smithereens in pvp.

Could it maybe be, that the invitations by guildies or from the BMAH is only an -alternative- way to access it? Perhaps there is a quest chain or daily chain to unlock it, and so therefore those that dislike doing dailies etc, can get an invite by this route (guildies invite or BMAH?) I mean we still don't have that much info one way or another, so people should prhaps calm down a bit until we get official infos into it.

Also the warlock removal of the spell Cataclysm.. wasn't that supposed to be given through a whole new quest chain scenario type thingy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    boomkin is doing better than retribution? o.o Also, it still has a while to go. We still don't have a release build.
    Boomkins are worthless single-target though, they're not even close to retris.

So ret got a huge nerf? Good job blizzard, remove part of our ability to perform well in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    awesome! guess all the gold farming sites are gonna have a nice christmas this year with the market going crazy now. Good job blizzard you are only hurting the game economy even more.
    I came here to post this. Pay to play, gg blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerduck View Post
    Boomkins are worthless single-target though, they're not even close to retris.
    There are barely any fights in the current tier that are pure singletarget only.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

10+ Year Old Account
    Is entry into the brawler's guild only for the character who received the invitation? Or is it account-bound once you've received an invitation?

Okay, maybe Blood is over the top when you're fighting bad players who stand next to you feeding you Death Strikes, and maybe that needs to be fixed, but is killing Blood as a viable flag carrier in RBGs because bads don't know how to fight us really the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Taiknee View Post
    Is entry into the brawler's guild only for the character who received the invitation? Or is it account-bound once you've received an invitation?
    Doesn't really matter, get the invite, invite a guildy, have that guildy invite all your alts.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I figured Blizzard would find a way to limit the participants for The Brawler's Guild ever since there was a preview video of it on MMO-C some time ago and noticed it's not instanced but rather a real-time event for each fight so this method of using the BMAH makes sense.

Short term, it'll have a positive affect on those who cannot join. The regular Joe who isn't wealthy or in the right guild won't have a chance to compete for the Realm First achievement and will keep the queue times low because of this. However, it won't be like this forever and eventually more and more people will gain access, increasing queues, and creating more community frustrations for Blizzard which will either lead to more locations such as Arenas or implement a phased system.

Either way, most are mad about the immediate problem of gating content to the fewer wealthy players rather than the long term situation of everyone accepted to the Guild getting screwed by the current structure of this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    NOPE, you're making up things that they never mentioned, as invites being a bypass, when the notes specifically state that's the ONLY way in.
    And Guilds have guild money and people loaded. They can control who get the invitation of BMAH and who their people invite. So, YOU missed the point. Player Guilds will control the entrance to the Brawler's Guild.
    Yes the path notes say invites off the BMAH or from SOMEONE within the guild are the only way in but please show me where it says the word 'players' and I will agree with the rest of you that such a system is a bad idea, because it is, but right now I believe that the way people believe it will work is not the system they plan to have.

Deleted
    I'm looking forward to the Brawler's Guild, but the Black market stuff does not sound any good to me at all. For me, the Brawler's guild is one of the main features of 5.1. Yet, there might be a change i can't play it...
    I understand that Blizzard wants to make content avaiable for different type of players, but why lock out a whole group of players for content that they pay for?
    Why don't you make it somehow like you did with the raiding difficulties ( Raid Finder for Casual Players, Heroic Raiding for Hardcore players) offering the Casual and Hardcore different modes, fights and rewards.
    And if the problem is long queues, make it time based or something, like you can queue once in a few hours.
    Off course there is not much information yet, but doing anything with the Black market sounds like challenging against big guild moneymakers, AH players and people that buy their gold. There ain't no Brawling skill in that! :P
    And while in the end more people can pay the invite it still makes no use for others to wait for content like this. It's what the solo aspect of the game was lacking- Challenge(apart from soloing old raids and dungeons), and that Challenge can be found in the Brawler's Guild. So, why do you let the players wait for content while it might risk canceling a subscription? (sorry for grammar)
    Last edited by mmoc735b11e206; 2012-11-03 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    There are barely any fights in the current tier that are pure singletarget only.
    I think Feng is the only 100% single target fight. Gara'jal is if you're staying outside all the time. Elegon has like a few seconds of worthless adds, and Spirit Kings has a few spells which needs targetting, like the skull and the arrows. I haven't gone into the Heart of Fear yet, but isn't Zor'lok and Ta'yak purely single target?

As it stands, Boomkins aren't even very useless for AoE compared to other classes. It's beggining to feel like Vanilla Boomkins, we have a nice dance, that's all.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-11-03 at 04:12 PM.

Deleted
    "Execute damage with high amounts of Vengeance is now capped at the Warrior's maximum health to prevent it from reaching excessive numbers."

Goddammit... There go my 2.2 mil crits on Elegon. I really hope this will be applied before damage modifiers, such as orb stacks. If it's after modifiers then that's pretty disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Doesn't really matter, get the invite, invite a guildy, have that guildy invite all your alts.
    I don't think it's going to work that way. That would defeat the entire purpose of it being an exclusive thing. It would seem that the invitation to it is character exclusive. This Brawler's Guild, like the Challenge Modes, isn't intended for everyone to be in i don't think, at first anyway.

When it says "invitation by someone in the guild" i think it means by an NPC that is part of it, i don't think it will be as simple as having a guild member in your guild that is in the Brawler's Guild passing out invites. I think it's going to take some form of "achievement" type thing that will be "noticed" by an NPC in the Brawler's Guild and you'll get an invite in the mail.
    Last edited by freakyduck; 2012-11-03 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I think Feng is the only 100% single target fight. Gara'jal is if you're staying outside all the time. Elegon has like a few seconds of worthless adds, and Spirit Kings has a few spells which needs targetting, like the skull and the arrows. I haven't gone into the Heart of Fear yet, but isn't Zor'lok and Ta'yak purely single target?

As it stands, Boomkins aren't even very useless for AoE compared to other classes. It's beggining to feel like Vanilla Boomkins, we have a nice dance, that's all.
    Heroic Feng has adds in shield phase, heroic Spirit Kings is multidot friendly with new boss spawning at 30%.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

you mean no more 5 million executes from tanks??? =[

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 05:51 PM ----------

pretty sure an invite from someone within the guild means the brawlers guild, not sure if this means a player in the brawlers guild or an NPC in the brawlers guild.

if its by NPC now we just have to find out how to get invited by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbob View Post
    "Execute damage with high amounts of Vengeance is now capped at the Warrior's maximum health to prevent it from reaching excessive numbers."

Goddammit... There go my 2.2 mil crits on Elegon. I really hope this will be applied before damage modifiers, such as orb stacks. If it's after modifiers then that's pretty disgusting.
    I'm pretty sure the "damage cap" is about the max number on a execute's tooltip. It will still scale from crits and other damage buffs/debuffs.