Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem with the gating aspect, it's just the way they are doing it. An auction house? I mean they could've came up with an intriguing questline or some kind of grind (similar to the legendary questline), something that takes some effort but is also not as mundane as camping the black market auction house to make sure you are the last bid, and thats even if you have enough money to keep up a bidding war. It's disappointing seeing the dev's take this route.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    You guys realize that if buy a brawlers guild invite from someone for 20k and then immediately turn around and sell two invites for 10k, you essentially just join the guild for free. And if that turns into a Cascading effect eventually everyone will be in the brawlers guild.
    I kind of doubt that people in the brawlers guild can just crank out infinite numbers of invites, that would defeat the entire purpose of gating it through invites in the first place, we're talking one invite per week, tops.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be interesting if they made it so you had to recruit. Similar to how in fight club they go out and fight, but occasionally bring those people back into the club.

When you get to Rank X within the guild you have to go pick 10 fights with other players and then invite 5 of them to the guild. If they didn't complete this they would be kicked out of the guild and have to wait for another invite to start up at the lowest rank again.

Make it a weekly quest and only players who are not in the guild count towards the quest. Sure people might just dual each others alts, but that's a lot of extra work.

I agree everyone should have a chance to participate in New features Blizzard is entering into the game. What is worse is Blizzard's Alice in Wonderland glasses they seem to be wearing lately. My main's guild had over 465 members in it during cataclysm, we were running 3 DS runs - 1 heroic core, 1 Normal and 1 alt/sign up status for players we couldn't fit into our other teams.

We did a hell of a lot of effort and planning to ensure, nobody got left out.

From talking with GM/asst GM/Officers on vent. Our once very active semi hardcore/casual friendly raid guild has suffered under MOP horribly. Before we had 8-35 people on at any given time. Lately they have 4-8 as their max, we have no raid progression at all in MOP so far because 3/4's of the Core group never came back for MOP.

So how do people who are in a guild but the guild is suffering a very harmful hemorage even get to try at this new feature.

Blizzard really need to take off the glasses and really take a hard look at their game, there is something wrong when a semi hardcore raid guild can't even field enough players to make a guild raid count.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I kind of doubt that people in the brawlers guild can just crank out infinite numbers of invites, that would defeat the entire purpose of gating it through invites in the first place, we're talking one invite per week, tops.
    Nope, It's ONE INVITE EVER. After ou bought an invite it's a chain, where a player must reach top rank before calling the next:

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    You only get to invite one person and even for that you have to complete the all brawler's guild events.
    So if it takes 1-3 days for someone to complete the events and then invite one other person. In a guild of 50 the last guys on the list won't be seeing any brawler's guild content for months.
    So, it's A LONG WAIT...But people tend to be reasonable, we can compromise if the other side does the same....

Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    I don't have a problem with the gating aspect, it's just the way they are doing it. An auction house? I mean they could've came up with an intriguing questline or some kind of grind (similar to the legendary questline), something that takes some effort but is also not as mundane as camping the black market auction house to make sure you are the last bid, and thats even if you have enough money to keep up a bidding war. It's disappointing seeing the dev's take this route.
    Because it's been told since the patch notes:"IT'S A HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE IDEA TO PUT THE POWER TO GATE PLAYERS IN THE HANDS OF OTHER PLAYERS". We all know there are horrible people around, and when they have not even the power, but the INCENTIVE to exploit the game and annoy others, they will go full berserk in doing such. Geez, look at old and always present discussion about ganking lowbies that give no honor or whatever.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharn View Post
    I agree everyone should have a chance to participate in New features Blizzard is entering into the game. What is worse is Blizzard's Alice in Wonderland glasses they seem to be wearing lately. My main's guild had over 465 members in it during cataclysm, we were running 3 DS runs - 1 heroic core, 1 Normal and 1 alt/sign up status for players we couldn't fit into our other teams.

We did a hell of a lot of effort and planning to ensure, nobody got left out.

From talking with GM/asst GM/Officers on vent. Our once very active semi hardcore/casual friendly raid guild has suffered under MOP horribly. Before we had 8-35 people on at any given time. Lately they have 4-8 as their max, we have no raid progression at all in MOP so far because 3/4's of the Core group never came back for MOP.

So how do people who are in a guild but the guild is suffering a very harmful hemorage even get to try at this new feature.

Blizzard really need to take off the glasses and really take a hard look at their game, there is something wrong when a semi hardcore raid guild can't even field enough players to make a guild raid count.
    I feel for you but what does this have to do with the issue of the brawlers guild invites being on the BMAH?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it, they are trying to make it like Fight Club. Should be easy to get an invite a week after the patch if you don't have any friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    Blizzard likely also has stats on how much gold is currently in the economy and they're probably looking for ways of draining it. Most people I know have 50k+ just sitting around with nothing to use it on.
    Soooo they should add BMAH as a SECONDARY way to get in. Old transmog sets and mounts and pets are already available for them to buy on BMAH, I don't know why "access to soloing content and being able to invite a single person after completing said content" would be a great magnet to sink more money than they already do...

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This thread sounds like just a bunch of complaining whiners. "oh i cant get into content on the very first day / second / milisecond that its released, im canceling my sub" This is quite hilarious and if you feel this way, you really need to re-examine why you even play this game.

Blizzard is making the correct move by making some things exclusive to higher end players. Not all the casual and scrub baddies should be able to access everything in the game. Period.
    So people without the skills to make tons of money should be locked out of soloing content you say? Even if they are soloing Gods? Okay, I guess that's your opinion, but logically speaking, it just doesn't make much sense
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

I still hope they link it somehow to the cradle of chi-ji august celestials dailies, which is probably the last faction that you currently can max out (except the prince of course). The whole setting and the story telling nature of it at least lets me hope. This would give the BMAH the role it is intended for: sell power to lazy people that have aquired way too much money, because of the retarded community of wow.

The thing that bugs me most though is, that they intend to add something that only a very smal percentage of the playerbase is ever going to see. Yet they said that adding things like class quests is most of the time not an option because it would take resources from adding content for everyone. Ironically the are going to add a warlock quest as well this patch. And don't start with heroic raid content, the actual effort that goes into it is mostly tweaking numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I like it, they are trying to make it like Fight Club. Should be easy to get an invite a week after the patch if you don't have any friends.
    Ummm, those are probably going to be rather limited. Having to actually do the content before being able to invite others etc?
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

I wish more people would quit wow, or at least those threatening to do so...
    less people = insta transfer = less whiners = better comunity = everybody wins

Deleted
    I was never a hardcore player and I missed out on a lot of material in Vanilla and TBC, but I like the idea that there is content, which only the committed hardcore players will experience. All I hear these days are complaints about availability, dailies, nerfs, etc., but I think that some things are meant to be hard to achieve - like The Brawler's Guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I like it, they are trying to make it like Fight Club.
    No... they're trying to make it like Scientology. Both have the "dont talk about it rule", but only one charges for admittance and advancement.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    I wish more people would quit wow, or at least those threatening to do so...
    less people = insta transfer = less whiners = better comunity = everybody wins
    less people = insta transfer = less whiners = better comunity = everybody wins = less people playing the game = less money for Blizzard = more guys fired from Blizzard = less content developed and deployed = more subscribers leaving = less money for Blizzard=.......= Blizzard close the servers. Everybody wins.

I get the feeling that these invitations are going to be really, really expensive at the start and will get to be really cheap as time goes by. Consider that the primary source of invites is a no-buyout auction house. Once someone has bought an invite from that source, they will by definition have spent the most that anyone was willing to pay for it. They won't be able to turn around and resell the thing for more than what they paid for it, because they already outbid everyone else who was interested. Then you've got new invites showing up on the BMAH every day, and they don't leave the system unless someone deletes theirs - or they go without any bids in the first place. This creates a situation where you've got a linear increase in supply and a steady decrease in demand, as more and more people finish the Brawler's Guild content and pass their own invites on. That's a recipe for a price freefall. You'll barely be able to give these things away after a few months, never mind turning a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Nope, It's ONE INVITE EVER. After ou bought an invite it's a chain, where a player must reach top rank before calling the next:
    Bashiok updated via Twitter on 3 November.
    "@RomireVids That's up to the bidders. 10 per day, and them having 10 gift invites. I imagine they'll be quite pricey the first month or so." -Bashiok

So, just as I posted earlier in the thread, these invites are going to proliferate rapidly and this will be a non-issue. It won't even take a month.
    The small seeding group is the way for Blizzard to combat having 1000 people showing up on day one and getting upset that the queue is too long.

Complainers are blowing this way out of proportion, but are unwilling to back down because they've dug in their heels.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Bashiok updated via Twitter on 3 November.
    "@RomireVids That's up to the bidders. 10 per day, and them having 10 gift invites. I imagine they'll be quite pricey the first month or so." -Bashiok

So, just as I posted earlier in the thread, these invites are going to proliferate rapidly and this will be a non-issue. It won't even take a month.
    The small seeding group is the way for Blizzard to combat having 1000 people showing up on day one and getting upset that the queue is too long.

Complainers are blowing this way out of proportion, but are unwilling to back down because they've dug in their heels.
    Since you can gift only once, that's 20 invitations per day. 600 invitations in the first 30 days.
    Average population of a server is 15000-25000 people.

10 per day and them having 10 gift invites.

Wouldn't that mean 100 possible per day, not 20?

Cant wait for people spaming trade WTS brawlers guild invite. LOL!!! EPIC FAIL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plotus View Post
    Cant wait for people spaming trade WTS brawlers guild invite. LOL!!! EPIC FAIL
    How is that fail? I'm seeing a lot of other vanity items up for sale in trade, too. And you know that brawlers guild gives you only vanity items?